• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Denver International Airport (Weird Features; Conspiracy Claims)

Denver's New World Airport.

The Masonic-dedicated renovation and mural of this airport is alluded to by many in the conspiracy theory industry. The mural is cited as a visualization of what the "evil" New World Order has in store for the lumpen masses, but appears, when looked at as a whole, to be a quite benevolent, if Brothers Grimm-esque, "Give Peace a Chance" mural.
Much is made of the "Alien Nazi" stabbing the dove of peace at the beginning of what I think is a triptych - little abounds of the final mural where the children of the world have killed this monster of war. Slectivity has to be purged lest doyens of the conspiracy theory industry are themselves accused of muddying the waters.
Is it too long before someone - perhaps a mason - is attacked, even killed, by those who listen to conspiracy theorists' pontificate? There is much merit and food for thought in what Icke, Jones, Horowitz say, but they really must develop a heightened filter away from total Chicken-Little-ism.
Well put.

Those murals are very striking, no question, but this is a case where some photos on a web page don't begin to convey the experience of seeing them in person. Context is everything. It did not help the confusion about the paintings when city officials gave vague answers to questions about them, then went into "No comment" mode.

The airport's architecture is striking as well. The "tent" roof is pretty interesting. A big snow in recent years caused one part of it to fail, dumping snow into the terminal. I'm sure that was fun. The place was late to open, in large part because they finally had to tear out the underground baggage system and start over. They kept testing it, it kept eating luggage, they'd fix it and test it again, it would eat more bags.

The demonic blue horse has been moved to Corporate Field, I forget, Coors or something, where the Broncos play. I read about it finally being moved, and had no memory of ever seeing it or even hearing about it. I asked Ms Popper, and she knew all about it. We had driven past it perhaps a dozen times, most recently in 2017. Weird. Glitch? Me simply not noticing a 30 foot tall blue horse with red eyes? Beats me.

We know a fellow who drove a food delivery truck for a few years. He delivered to places at the airport, driving down into those "secret", "off limits" tunnels. Yeah, they don't let high school kids go down there and do donuts; you have to have a key card to open the gate. Really, you know, it's just big ass busy airport with some unusual features.

That's only if you play the slots at Las Vegas International.

The place was late to open, in large part because they finally had to tear out the underground baggage system and start over. They kept testing it, it kept eating luggage, they'd fix it and test it again, it would eat more bags.

Was the luggage going missing or being damaged?

Was the luggage going missing or being damaged?
I remember reading about this at the time. The luggage was mostly being delivered to the wrong destination.

I’ve been through Denver airport a dozen times or so. It’s quite pleasant and designed for efficiency. The murals occupy one small area and are maybe a little edgy in places but overall very beautiful and “optimistic” in outlook. I’ve seen the blue horse sculpture too and always thought it was cool.

I think this whole UL got started by somebody passing through it while having a bad acid trip.

There was a lot of speculation when the building started. The underground tunnels are extensive, and started out as very large trenches surrounded by high fences, probably topped with barbed wire, since at that time it was a construction site halfway to Kansas. It was way out in the sticks. Still is, though sprawl is headed that way.

The luggage system, as I recall, shredded some bags every time it was tested. I'm pretty sure they finally tore it out and started over. It works fine now. As Sundog says, it's an efficient airport that is much less annoying than most that I have been in. They all have their quirks. Most everyone who goes there gets to see inside some of the tunnels, since the trains run down there. It's kind of cool. In some places, there are little toy airplane propellers on the walls that spin in the breeze as the train passes.

Back when we flew in from the hinterlands on little turboprops, we'd deplane on the tarmac and then enter the main terminal through plywood corridors that seemed to be half a mile long. You always knew where you ranked in the food chain.

When you say it shredded some luggage, do you mean it came out looking like it had been clawed by a large animal and smelling of sulphur?

When you say it shredded some luggage, do you mean it came out looking like it had been clawed by a large animal and smelling of sulphur?
Good question! I don't know the answer because I wasn't there. The newspaper stories at the time made me curious about what actually happened. It's been a long time so I don't recall what exactly was reported, but I know I didn't want any of my luggage in that system.

When I lived in Colorado the first time, early to mid 80s, the political efforts to build a new airport were just starting. There were lots of stories in the paper about that. The saga continued for years and years so I've read a lot of stories about it. Another thing I wondered about was who exactly it was that lost millions of dollars on the ravenous luggage system that (presumably) got hauled off to the scrapyard. Probably the city of Denver. I can't imagine it was good for business, for the outfit that made the first system.

RE: The Denver Airport (DIA) baggage system fiasco

In the end, the Canadian consulting firm Calleam was commissioned to investigate and produce a summary report on the project's failure. The Calleam report is the most cited overview of the reasons the system failed, and it mentions damaged or mangled luggage multiple times.

The report can be accessed (in PDF format) at:

http://calleam.com/WTPF/wp-content/uploads/articles/DIABaggage.pdf

Denver Airport again having a poke at the gullible (or are they?)

denver1.jpg

denver2.jpg

Last edited:
There was a local article in the paper here (Atlanta Journal /Constitution) about how my state is a hotbed of current conspiracies. I hadn't heard this one before, but I just knew that Team Forteana would know the score!

Back