• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dexter

gl5211

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This is a new show on SHowtime. I have watched a couple of episodes. I think has some potential. THey need a little less internal "monologue" or better dialogue for said monologue. But so far interesting. I will continue to watch and see what happens.

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

gl5211 said:
This is a new show on SHowtime. I have watched a couple of episodes. I think has some potential. THey need a little less internal "monologue" or better dialogue for said monologue. But so far interesting. I will continue to watch and see what happens.

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do
Not viewable outside the US.

It's not available outside the US *officially*.

However, I highly recommend that anyone who likes anything to do with forensic science, murder mysteries, serial killers or simply enjoys good TV, goes with all haste to their nearest purveyor of illegal downloads and grabs every episode of this series, because it's brilliant. It's sick, twisted and surreal. Right up a fortean's street.

I missed the first couple of episodes and got into it a few episodes in. But after two viewings I was completely hooked. The season finale was gruesome! I can't wait for the next season to start. I just hope they keep dexter on track and don't mess it up.

I thought I'd revisit this thread now that Dexter's been on for four seasons and entering its fifth. IMHO this is one of the most addictive shows on tv. The show hits the right amount of humor when and where needed, and the viewer is always left wondering just how much of Dexter's actions are truly felt, and when he's just putting on a front for those around him so that he won't be found out.

I get the sneaky suspicion that in some ways, Dexter knows that he is a monster, and can't fathom why he should feel for any of these other people around him. But he does. And I think he's afraid of losing that part of him, horrifying as it is, that he is familiar and comfortable with.

Any other big Dexter fans out there now?

Yep, it´s a good show. Though the characterization of Dexter seems a bit uneven at times. I quite liked the third season arc where he was in danger of being found out.

I cant see what all the fuss is about,how come dexter has grown up?where is his annoying big sister? and what happened to his secret lab? :lol:

I cant see what all the fuss is about,how come dexter has grown up?where is his annoying big sister? and what happened to his secret lab? :lol:
that was my best joke ever and none of you liked it. shame on you all.

Exactly what I thought when I clicked on the thread title, Titch.

dexters-laboratory-artist-image-438x438.jpg

that was my best joke ever and none of you liked it. shame on you all.

It wasn't possible to LIKE posts back in 2010, when you posted that.

We haven't seen this for some reason so perhaps we should catch up. Binge, if you will.
Before this new season was announced I’ve always recommended Dexter, but advised to avoid the final season. With this return though, it’s possible that it will be necessary to understand what’s going on.

In any case, I highly recommend it.

You can really tell when they moved filming from Florida to LA though.

Back