• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Diane Morgan Ghost Clips

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this, but after hearing Diane Morgan on a podcast mention her ghost show she did for the BBC last year, I found this page of audio clips from it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...en-terrifying-ghost-stories-from-diane-morgan

Not very in-depth, of course, and the programme itself is no longer available, but some nice little vignettes and the first clip is of the EVP broadcast unwittingly on Radio 4. No idea as to its authenticity, but it sure sounds spooky.

Brilliant stuff. I hope these programmes become available again at some point soon. Sad to have missed them.

I've got the original programme ('Diane Morgan Believes in Ghosts') if anyone wants it. Just don't tell the BBC ;)

Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this, but after hearing Diane Morgan on a podcast mention her ghost show she did for the BBC last year, I found this page of audio clips from it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...en-terrifying-ghost-stories-from-diane-morgan

Not very in-depth, of course, and the programme itself is no longer available, but some nice little vignettes and the first clip is of the EVP broadcast unwittingly on Radio 4. No idea as to its authenticity, but it sure sounds spooky.

That Sandy Toksvig one gives me the chunners. "Why Not" why not indeed.

You've got a what now? Not quite following your banter, old chap ;)

...but I think we're more or less on the same page - I was baffled by all concerned agreeing that it sounded like "I died", or "your souls will rot in Hades", or whatever - when it's very clearly "why not?".

Yes, definitely "Why not?" Even if it's a snatch of dialogue accidentally picked up by the transmitter (however that would work) it's unsettlingly apt to appear at that stage in the programme.

True. It looks like it will remain a mystery, which is sort of nice.

You've got a what now? Not quite following your banter, old chap ;)

...but I think we're more or less on the same page - I was baffled by all concerned agreeing that it sounded like "I died", or "your souls will rot in Hades", or whatever - when it's very clearly "why not?".

"chunners" is a southern term for something unsettling.

Hi Andy, been desperately trying to hunt the Diane Morgan podcast down for a while - any chance for a DL?

Yes indeed.

Sorry Thom, been without internettage - see PMs !

Who wouldn't?

She could ask 'so what exactly is a polka goose?', or whatever it was Janet or Margaret from Green St allegedly enquired about in their innocence!

I'd love to see her interview Sally Morgan or Derek Acorah.

A bump to say Diane Morgan Believes in Ghosts is repeated tonight (Saturday 26th October) at 19:00 on Radio 4 Extra.

Well worth listening to.

Many thanks for this, I listened to half of it this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. This time the Radio 4 EVP sounded like "My God!" Railway ghosts doc was a goodie, as was the Welsh stuff. The bloke who saw the woman sitting at the top of the stairs, staring at him!

Yeah, there was a railway ghosts doc in her lineup, it was really good! Maybe they'll repeat it next Halloween, if we live that long.
Railway ghosts're the BEST.

Overlong and not especially scintillating, but I did enjoy the aforementioned Sandi Toksvig segment and the part in the Edinburgh Vaults with the girl scratching her leg.

Back