Did Actor Stage His Own Racist Attack?

INT21

Justified & Ancient
How deep is the doo-doo that this guy is in if it is proved he made it all up ?

Well, we have saying he was the subject of an anti-gay, anti black attack by Trump supporters.

Is it an attempt to create a mass following that will maybe get people on the streets ?

Show biz luvies seem to (automatically) jump to his support.

This story has legs.

Chicago (CNN) — Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation tell CNN that Chicago Police believe actor Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate an assault on him that he reported late last month. Smollett denies playing a role in his attack, according to a statement from his attorneys.
INT21

Last edited by a moderator:

James_H

And I like to roam the land
These kind of attacks are real, but this guy wouldn't be the first to fake one for attention.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
I’ve read about this, and his story reeks.

We are supposed to believe that two white men wearing (deeply symbolic) MAGA hats - obvs, duh! - were hanging around in the Chicago streets in the small hours, with the wind chill at something like -20⁰F, ready-equipped with a noose and a bottle of (deeply symbolic) bleach, on the off-chance that they’d happen across a black homosexual. Who just happened to be a Grade B actor who was concerned about possibly losing his job on his telly series, so absolutely not in any need whatsoever of sympathetic publicity, no sirree.

Apparently the attack was so violent that he didn’t even lose the Subway sandwich that he’d gone out to buy. In the Chicago streets in the small hours, with the wind chill at something like -20⁰F.

The attackers were so ninja-skilled that they weren’t caught on any of Chicago’s CCTV cameras; the only other people in the area being two Nigerian bodybuilders. Who just happened to be mates of the “victim”. What are the odds, eh?

This farrago of cobblers should have been dismissed within an hour, followed by a charge of the Illinois equivalent of Causing Wasteful Employment of the Police, but - in the current climate - I’m sure it will run and run.

maximus otter

Krepostnoi

Crabbier than usual
There was that strange incident with Corey Feldman last year, wasn't there? At the same time, there are plenty of people on Twitter saying that the Chicago Police Department has history of being a less-than-reliable narrator, especially with regard to people of colour.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
...the only other people in the area being two Nigerian bodybuilders. Who just happened to be mates of the “victim”.
"Jussie Smollett allegedly promised to pay his two pals $4,000 to stage his racist and homophobic assault — which the trio even rehearsed beforehand, according to a new report.

The embattled “Empire” star paid $3,500 to bodybuilding brothers Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo before they left for Nigeria the day of the Jan. 29 attack, and promised another $500 upon their return to the US, sources told CBS Chicago.

Late Saturday, Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said, “We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation."

Smollett’s attorneys Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson released a statement late Saturday, saying the actor is “angered and devastated” by claims he staged the attack..."

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/17/juss...89.267642857.1550199666-2051527208.1550003555

Jussie - When you're in a hole, stop digging.

maximus otter

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Yithian,

If people are interested in finding out what the thread is about, then surely they will read the text. And all will be revealed.

In this case I would have though it was pretty obvious.

At least one member managed to do it in just 5 minutes before you changed the title;

I'm sure they don't need spoon feeding.

INT21.

gordonrutter

Justified & Ancient
Staff member
Yithian,

If people are interested in finding out what the thread is about, then surely they will read the text. And all will be revealed.

At least one member managed to do it in just 5 minutes before you changed the title;

INT21.
There are a lot of threads and posts here, people need to have a clue what the thread is about or they may not bother investing the time. If you want people to read your thread give a title that gives a clear idea of what the post is about. It’s courtesy if nothing else. Thank you

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
INT21.

It's a (by no means unreasonable) request we make of everyone. No, 'they' don't need spoon-feeding, but few if any have the kind of telepathic abilities that we rather ironically discuss on here to work out what a thread is about from titles such as 'Wow! Look at this!' or ''What do you think about this' or 'This is weird!!' or indeed the original you appended to this one.

So please, just do as we ask.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Yithian,
Being cryptic just for the sake of being cryptic isn't helpful, and it doesn't motivate visitors to check things out.

A large proportion of the past threads people ask for help in finding turn out to be threads with cutesy and absolutely uninformative titles and / or threads in which nobody cites the subject matter.

I've destroyed a number of old threads because the opening presentation gave no clues as to what a story was or was about, and blind links to whatever explained it were long dead and couldn't be replaced with links to the same thing archived elsewhere (e.g., the Wayback Machine).

If the thread can't be deciphered, it gets destroyed.

If it's worth your directing others' attention to it, it's worth providing some clues as to what it's about.

pandacracker

Ephemeral Spectre
Wasn't there some South American lawyer that actually got himself killed on purpose ? Or am I having a Mandela Memory?

INT21

Justified & Ancient
If you want people to read your thread give a title that gives a clear idea of what the post is about. It’s courtesy if nothing else. Thank you
Oddly, they appear to have managed quite well up until now. and changing the title destroyed the continuity as it was carried on in the first line of the main text.

Anyway, not wishing to rock the boat, I will acquiesce to the requests.

In return, may I ask that ALL threads with political content be locked forthwith.

Now, that would clear up a bit of space.

INT21 ;)

Am I also having Mandela Memory or was there an "attack by four men" on an MP or public figure in London but CCTV footage showed him being pushed by one guy or just falling?

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
In return, may I ask that ALL threads with political content be locked forthwith.
Most of a purely Political theme are already out of sight. Those that remain have a justifiable reason for remaining visible and open.

So no. Thank you for your cooperation, once more.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :)
Staff member
Oddly, they appear to have managed quite well up until now. and changing the title destroyed the continuity as it was carried on in the first line of the main text.
it makes life much harder if you use, for example, a screen reader. Increases the noise to signal ratio...

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Frideswide,

I know it's a bit off-topic, but what's a screen reader ?

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :)
Staff member
Text to audio software. It's assistive technology :) Most often used to support a visual problem but also processing or cognitive issues.

I use Jaws to supplement reading it at the end of a looooooong day, for example.

IamSundog

Not insane
As is often the case, it's reprehensible to fake such an attack as it increases scepticism towards genuine victims.
And it lends unfortunate support to those who in the past have claimed that such attacks are politically-motivated false flag operations designed to villify one party and generate sympathetic support for the other.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Being cryptic just for the sake of being cryptic isn't helpful, and it doesn't motivate visitors to check things out.
Yup, if a new thread isn't specific about its subject I don't read it. I'm not wasting time on something that might or might not be of interest to me. I won't miss anything because if something's in the news that belongs here it's likely someone else will post it with a more obvious title.

Plus, a catchy but uninformative title doesn't suggest anything serious enough to bother with.