• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Different Types of Aliens / Extraterrestrials Encountered On Earth

Is tourism as such something that other species would indulge in?

If other intelligences go in for tourism then preferred destinations may be for destinations with similar life forms . However swimming with dolphins is popular as is whale watching. A theoretical land based medium sized octopus for example would have no trouble negotiating our doorways, buildings etc.

If they are trying to look like us then some of them aren’t doing a very good job, they are still different enough to attract attention. In fact the earlier contacts (Adamski era) would attract less attention than greys.

Would tourists be kidnapping and probing the natives at their destination? Tourists here are not allowed to collect seed from wild plants or take pebbles from the beach; sticking probes up people’s bums is right out. :)

It maybe that space faring races are all based on a four limbed bipedal pattern but that in itself would be interesting. Look at the forms life could have taken on earth – “Wonderful Life” by Stephen J Gould is now a bit dated but gives some idea of evolutionary possibilities.

Alas it is all speculation, if alien intelligences are visiting Earth we have no idea of their motivation. I tend to agree with JBS Haldane who was supposedly the first to say it in 1927. The universe is not only stranger than you imagine but stranger than you can imagine.
I agree but its never strange when you want it to be as a past over friend or brother never show themselves up when you want to or meeting a friendly Extra Terrestrial.

I believe in “ panspermia “ and all living things in the universe that is not a robot are related and look similar.
Panspermia would not explain why the aliens look like us. If panspermia was responsible for the origin of life on Earth (something which is not impossible) then it occurred way back in the early history of our planet - 4.4 billion years ago, shortly after the formation of the Moon. All life on Earth is related on a genetic and molecular level, and descends from a single-celled progenitor known as the Last Universal Common Ancestor (LUCA).

From this ancestor all living things have evolved, including bacteria, amoebae, trees, fungi, snails, insects, basking sharks and humans. If the same single-celled organism had fallen onto a different planet 4.4 billion years ago (which it may well have done), evolution would have followed a different path, and produced a biosphere consisting of entirely different organisms. These organisms would share a common ancestor with ourselves, but would be more distantly related to humans than we are to sea-slugs, pine trees, mushrooms or brewers yeast.

Panspermia is a fascinating subject, and I could debate the pros and cons of this mechanism endlessly - but one thing it can not do is explain why aliens might look like us. The version of panspermia in Star Trek is completely unfeasible, and it would probably result in Klingons that look like anemones, cuttlefish or centaurs.

It may be significant that in many cases witnesses report two sorts of occupant; one more outlandish one doing the thankless job of abducting, and another more obviously humanlike variety usually in a managerial role.

Walton is one example, though for a less obviously hoax-tainted version you could also cite Pascagoula, which has both terrifying-looking 'robots' and occupants identical to humans. In the latter case Parker even said he would have chatted up the female alien if he'd met her in a bar.

I wonder what this typology means; there are surely some interesting psychological implications.

Even so, there is as mentioned np reason why even starting with the same DNA, that aliens would end up looking like us.
If natural history is anything to go by, creatures seem to end up looking like crabs,

Well again according to JBS Haldane, if there is a creator they are "Inordinately fond of beetles."

I really believe all living things came from “ stardust “.
I'm sure you are right. Here's an interesting blog entry by the always excellent Grant Hutchison, which examines this in some detail.
https://oikofuge.com/we-are-stardust/
pioneer-mass.png

It may be significant that in many cases witnesses report two sorts of occupant; one more outlandish one doing the thankless job of abducting, and another more obviously humanlike variety usually in a managerial role.

Walton is one example, though for a less obviously hoax-tainted version you could also cite Pascagoula, which has both terrifying-looking 'robots' and occupants identical to humans. In the latter case Parker even said he would have chatted up the female alien if he'd met her in a bar.

I wonder what this typology means; there are surely some interesting psychological implications.
Why did he not do drawings of the Alien women.

Reactions: BS3
Is tourism as such something that other species would indulge in?

If other intelligences go in for tourism then preferred destinations may be for destinations with similar life forms . However swimming with dolphins is popular as is whale watching. A theoretical land based medium sized octopus for example would have no trouble negotiating our doorways, buildings etc.

If they are trying to look like us then some of them aren’t doing a very good job, they are still different enough to attract attention. In fact the earlier contacts (Adamski era) would attract less attention than greys.

Would tourists be kidnapping and probing the natives at their destination? Tourists here are not allowed to collect seed from wild plants or take pebbles from the beach; sticking probes up people’s bums is right out. :)

It maybe that space faring races are all based on a four limbed bipedal pattern but that in itself would be interesting. Look at the forms life could have taken on earth – “Wonderful Life” by Stephen J Gould is now a bit dated but gives some idea of evolutionary possibilities.

Alas it is all speculation, if alien intelligences are visiting Earth we have no idea of their motivation. I tend to agree with JBS Haldane who was supposedly the first to say it in 1927. The universe is not only stranger than you imagine but stranger than you can imagine.

I propose that an exchange between prospective alien sportsbeings might go something like this:

"Hey, Frobquiz, next orbital period let's grab the boat and go to Earth for some humaning. Be sure to order a few dozen Greys from GalAmazon.com so we can do probe and release. Might consider a fembot or two so we can get genetic material for the breeding program I have going on my spare moon."

"Bozriq, Greys are so yesterday, unless you get the model 45s. Milky Way Sport Humaning just ran an article saying that the carrot-noses are 5% more efficient for probe and release."

Why did he not do drawings of the Alien women.

Another point is that given the huge number of permutations of the 'sort-of-human' template amongst occupant reports, why are there so few women? Is this a cultural thing in the sense that during the 'golden age' of occupant reports there would still have been an underlying assumption that pilots, explorers, soldiers or whatever the human equivalent of a saucer occupant was would have been male?

In terms of exceptions we have Vilas Boas - nothing to upset the patriarchy there. We have Woody Derenberger and his introduction to married couple "Jitro and Elvane Cletaw"; this is patently ridiculous, like he's talking about a couple he met on holiday. Parker's female abductor at Pascagoula at least seems to have been in a position of authority over the crab-handed robot guys.

More recently occupants seem to have simply become completely sexless; this seems like a development of the old science fiction trope of 'advanced' species reproducing in a sterile, 'advanced' way.

I love Vilas Boas description of his female alien.

According to Boas, the female was fairly attractive with white hair, point ears, blue eyes, and had flaming red hair under her arms and sexual area.

Boas was surprised she nipped at him and barked like a dog.

I love Vilas Boas description of his female alien.

According to Boas, the female was fairly attractive with white hair, point ears, blue eyes, and had flaming red hair under her arms and sexual area.

Boas was surprised she nipped at him and barked like a dog.
Looks like my partner....no joke.
I read that it was a military experiment with drugs and a lady of the night but this is 1957 not 67 ?

Looks like my partner....no joke.
I read that it was a military experiment with drugs and a lady of the night but this is 1957 not 67 ?

The 1950s weren't too early to be the timeframe for such experiments. Indeed, multiple of the classically-alleged such experiments were claimed to have occurred before 1960.

I notice today females wear their hair all kinds of color.

Flaming red hair covering the body’s private parts sounds a little way out.

Could be a secret military experiment ?

Likely some kind of weaponized vajazzle.

I notice today females wear their hair all kinds of color.

Flaming red hair covering the body’s private parts sounds a little way out.

Could be a secret military experiment ?
"Now, Private Parts, we have a mission for you."

Back