• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Digging Up Threads Of Fortean Excellence!

Dark Detective said:
Due to become a classic, I feel:

and the one that started it all:

Here

You got there before me, I've been following this one since the beginning... stunning, absolutely rivetting stuff... the border skirmishes, the early failed attempts at diplomacy, the wheeling out of the big guns, the young hero torn between two warring families, and the final armistices and laying down of arms (honours even)...

Italian Mystery Fires:

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13411

Fantastic story and then Boom nothing (nothing since the 16th Feb according to Google news and they were Johnny-come-lalties as the bulk of the reports were aorund the 11th and 10th). I'm also jolly impressed the the FTMB was so far ahead of the curve on that one - mainstream new organisations struggled to make up lost ground ;)

Emps

Absolutely - the Italian Fires thread is a fine of example of what the board is capable of. Upstaging Reuters is no mean trick ;)

Sunni and Shi'a-comparisons The only thread I've thought worthy of printing out for its easy to understand info (who needs books!), guess I'll have to do it again at some point as the thread grows!

If that's in response to my whinging then cheers - i was about to turn in but i might take a peek. :)

Yes, you were indeed my inspiration for sharing these.:D You were actually on the Athiasm one where you made a very good point which I was thinking also but probably wouldn't have been able to articulate as well as you, so thanks.:)

I'm hittin' the sack. Goodnight.

What is Athiasm? :confused:

'Stonehenge Dentistry'

How to teach children to count using their teeth, the TRUTH about the union jack and paleontology.

Doesn't get much better than this :)

Alexius said:
'Stonehenge Dentistry'

How to teach children to count using their teeth, the TRUTH about the union jack and paleontology.

Doesn't get much better than this :)

That was just... wow. :eek:

I like how he completely degenerated at the end. It was as though he just short-circuited.

If you're the sort of FTMBer who loves to be scared witless while reading the MB late at night, may I present...

Video of face popping up in window

Wintermoon's post on p. 6 is one of the creepiest things I've ever read on here, and that's saying a lot.

Well as i'm here on my own and it's three in the morning i don't think i'll access either of those two suggestions... :(

James Webb & A Different Kind of Time

Although this one is only just getting into its stride, it has the makings of a classic. One of those threads that sends you into the library or the further reaches of the web to find out more.

Nice one :)

A short but fascinating thread about mirrors.

Edited to add: For sheer enchantment value, Awestruck's post on this thread takes some beating.

Re: and for your veiwing pleasure...

Lord_Flashheart said:
The famous mothman thread with eric beckjord

:_omg: that guy has to be sean to be belived :laughing:

<Sniff> I can't get that one to come up!!

That's one of my faves too, not least because he reported me to the CIA and MI5!!

Please help me access it someone!!!

"The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Re: and for your veiwing pleasure...

Papa Lazarou said:
Lord_Flashheart said:
The famous mothman thread with eric beckjord

:_omg: that guy has to be sean to be belived :laughing:

<Sniff> I can't get that one to come up!!

That's one of my faves too, not least because he reported me to the CIA and MI5!!

Please help me access it someone!!!

"The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

We have a few things in place to pickup old URLs and change them but we can't spot all the combinations and pemutations, etc. so, for next time, you can trim this:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.p ... ht=mothman

to:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.p ... hreadid=46

which then causes the redirect to kick in and bingo!!!

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46

Enjoy ;)

The link to the Strange Folk is broken too. Is that still accessable? That thread was ace and the one that really got me hooked.

Cheers. My computer's been a bit iffy of late but yeah, got it now!

Back