• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dirt Circles In New Mexico

amester

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
http://www.koat.com/video/16895334/index.html
Link is dead. No archived version found.
Lack of any description makes the object(s) of reference unknown / unidentifiable.

Note- this is in a high desert area. New Mexico has experienced a fair share of weirdness but this is the first "circles" incident I've heard of here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder whether this botched thread was referring to a pair of large dirt circles east of Las Vegas NM, which turned out to be a site owned by an organization affiliated with Scientology.
Church of Scientology has vault hidden in New Mexico
Fifty miles east of Las Vegas New Mexico there are two huge diamonds inside two interlocking circles carved right into the earth. For years, neighbors wondered who owned the buildings and private airport next door.

It turns out county records show it's owned by the Church of Spiritual Technology, an organization affiliated with the Church of Scientology. ...

39301144-img-scientology-in-new-mexico.jpg

FULL STORY: https://www.koat.com/article/church-of-scientology-has-vault-hidden-in-new-mexico/5071196

So why bump it?

To try and provide some clue(s) as to what the thread was about.

I lock it, and someone bitches about not being able to post to it ...
I add what explanation is available - which entails it getting bumped - and someone bitches about it re-surfacing ...

Damned if I do; damned if I don't ...

I add what explanation is available - which entails it getting bumped - and someone bitches about it re-surfacing ...

To be fair, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

The 'dirt circles' that were the focus of the missing KOAT story apparently had nothing to do with the Scientology site.

This quite uninformative blog page:

https://alibi.com/blog/24057/UFO-Dirt-Circles-In-The-East-Mountains.html

... provides only the following ...
Well, the small circle shown in that photo looks to me like someone has been training a horse or pony on a long rein, or training a child to ride. Someone stands in the middle, perhaps describing a small circle rather than spinning on the spot. Horse or pony trots round at a constant radius. There are two large concentric circles because the rein was lengthened as the rider or horse became more confident. Other commonplace explanations are available.

Edit: however, I found this:
http://www.cropcirclesnorway.com/Relaterte/Sand/2008NewMexico/2001NewMexico-report.html
<<
Fosston, New Mexico, USA

circles in sand

My dad, Ken Stokley, returned home to his ranch in the East Mountains of New Mexico
(due east of Albuquerque, near Tijeras), after visiting relatives in Michgan. Inside his
horse arena he found 5 circles inside the corral that resembled crop circles, except they
were in the dirt. This happened between Friday July 11th and Sunday July 13th.

Dad searched the area outside the arena and saw no tracks going in nor out of the arena. Later he drove his tractor inside the arena and examined and took photos of the circles, which are approximately 20 feet in diameter.

2008NewMexico1.jpg

Photo: Ken Stokley

His neighbour contacted a local newspaper, the Edgewood Independent. They came
out and took photos from the top of the fence. When this story broke, a news helicopter
came out and took photos after everyone had tracked all through the arena, to include
neighbours, etc.

2008NewMexico2.jpg

Photo: Koat ABC Albuquerque

They interviewed Dad on the phone and he told them that he had driven his tractor
around, but they neglected to include that info in the following broadcast.

Well, the small circle shown in that photo looks to me like someone has been training a horse or pony on a long rein, or training a child to ride. Someone stands in the middle, perhaps describing a small circle rather than spinning on the spot. Horse or pony trots round at a constant radius. There are two large concentric circles because the rein was lengthened as the rider or horse became more confident. Other commonplace explanations are available.

Edit: however, I found this:
http://www.cropcirclesnorway.com/Relaterte/Sand/2008NewMexico/2001NewMexico-report.html
<<
Fosston, New Mexico, USA

circles in sand

My dad, Ken Stokley, returned home to his ranch in the East Mountains of New Mexico
(due east of Albuquerque, near Tijeras), after visiting relatives in Michgan. Inside his
horse arena he found 5 circles inside the corral that resembled crop circles, except they
were in the dirt. This happened between Friday July 11th and Sunday July 13th.

Dad searched the area outside the arena and saw no tracks going in nor out of the arena. Later he drove his tractor inside the arena and examined and took photos of the circles, which are approximately 20 feet in diameter.

2008NewMexico1.jpg

Photo: Ken Stokley

His neighbour contacted a local newspaper, the Edgewood Independent. They came
out and took photos from the top of the fence. When this story broke, a news helicopter
came out and took photos after everyone had tracked all through the arena, to include
neighbours, etc.

2008NewMexico2.jpg

Photo: Koat ABC Albuquerque

They interviewed Dad on the phone and he told them that he had driven his tractor
around, but they neglected to include that info in the following broadcast.
Interesting that they are all identical.
As you say, it does look a lot like someone training a horse or pony.

Back