• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Disappearing Into Other Worlds And Returning?

rantaclaws

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
There are reports of strange disappearances, timeslips, and strange creatures showing up in our world temporarily. Are there any claims of people disappearing into other worlds and returning to tell the tale? Something like a timeslip to a parallel world?

This was posted by ' Again ' on 12th Dec:

The Unified String Theory suggests our dimension may be similar to a sheet of cling film; just one of hundreds (millions; take your pick) of similar sheets, all containing complete universes, with appertures permitting access from one to the next; or from one through to the millionth, in a flash. Which poses a physical explanation.

Personally, I favour superimposed realities, or interlaced dimensions, where the only 'barrier' is caused by the fact we're basically wired/pre-set to recognise only what we term 'our' reality.

Why we're wired so exclusively, in the main, remains a mystery. Clearly, entities from other realities/dimensions don't suffer our (human) restrictions. For instance, ghosts; some don't seem to able to interact with us, but others clearly are able to do so. Poltergeists are invisible to us, to a large degree, although they're clearly aware both of our reality and their own. So they are at least bi-dimensional. Possibly we are too, but if so it remains largely the domain of the mystic, the occultist, the shaman, the meditator ... although occasionally 'normal' humans are provided a brief glimpse of other dimensions; via drugs, accident, etc.

With regard to the 'little people'; I've seen them, by accident. They appear three dimensional, quite normal in fact, apart from their stature and their attire. The ELFEN Project advise they have over 400 direct contact cases in their data base, with up to 60 families sharing their homes (unwillingly or not) with such entities. I don't discount what are termed folk-tales concerning small-statured beings.

Many of the elderly and sight impaired apparently see 'little people' (see Charles Bonnet Syndrome). This has been known since the mid 1700's. Such sightings are not caused by dementia, incidentally. Which suggests that 20/20 vision (or otherwise young, 'good' eyesight) may act as a filter, a screening device against seeing other dimensions and the entities they contain.

It's odd, but we humans seem to know far less about ourselves than is known about us by numerous interdimensional entities. We seem restricted to a very narrow band-width. It seems as if we're only half (at best) awake. It may well be that *we* are the fairies, within this interdimensional soup. Or ... it may be that we unconsciously create the myriad creatures which occasionally are seen by some of us

You can find a fascinating exploration of this kind of phenomenon in Jenny Randle's recent book "Time Storms", which can still be found in bookshops.

Oh yes, Gaylien, that is a fascinating book. Recommended for any-one interested in such things. :D

Gaylien? :D

Sorry, I'm kinda immature I guess. Nothing against being gay, just a funny name change.

"I believe that there is a perichoresis, an interpenetration. It is possible, indeed, that we three are now sitting among desolate rocks, by bitter streams."
"And with what companions?"

-- Arthur Machen, N

Back