• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Disc-Shaped Object Antarctica/Google Earth

Looks like a button in some chocolate and fruit sponge with icing

Looks like a coin in some chocolate and fruit sponge
Big coin at Sixty foot! Unfortunately I couldn’t see other feature such as water pools nearby which some have suggested look exactly the same.

I altered my post sorry, but more or less same, still a button in a cake :p It just looks false, i figured its a joke

Forgive me i didn't know there was a vid i just saw what looked like a cake photo lol, Now watching the vid

Ummm it is obviously 'intelligently designed', drove me crazy repeating that, yes, it is disc shaped, and the stuff looks like a fuel leak, but not convinced its a ship, nature has forged many a strange shape that look absolutely stunning, so unless they have pics of an army rushing in to dig it up and it disappears, or it actually takes off, then i will go with nature.

Ummm it is obviously 'intelligently designed', drove me crazy repeating that, yes, it is disc shaped, and the stuff looks like a fuel leak, but not convinced its a ship, nature has forged many a strange shape that look absolutely stunning, so unless they have pics of an army rushing in to dig it up and it disappears, or it actually takes off, then i will go with nature.
The narrator kept dragging it out, repeating himself, using fallacious arguments - all done so the video would be longer. Some people have no content, so they have to warp reality and manufacture a bit of :bs:,

Watch the skies!
MV5BODE5Y2E0ODAtNWQzYS00NTRhLTliOTktNjAwYWRiYmI3NzkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Thank you Swifty, i just spun it 360 and i noticed something to the back and left of it, looks like a jagged box with the innards missing, i was wondering if that could have been a storage place, i know, big leap, but gotta cover it all

The object (if it is an object) could be an ice disc. If we look at where it's located, it's in a valley that looks like a river could have once flowed through going into a deeper basin. If it is an ice disc, it could have been buried in the snow until now? ..

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/ice-circles.49906/

Further analysis of the image and surroundings ..

Last edited:
I think that's the kind of spaceships the Blobsquatch arrive in.

Forum member Trailspotter over at the Metabunk forum has observed ..

"This is not a "disc-shaped object", but a depression with rounded wall on one side. If you zoom out on Google Earth (GE) a bit, you can see that surrounding area on the same higher-resolution photo (taken 23-Feb-2006) is lit from a northerly direction, hence the shadow around the "object" comes from the wall. Zooming out more, you can see that this feature is not a main land, but on coastal island embedded in the sea ice. GE Time Machine, going back up to 1984, shows that the island surface remained mostly free of snow and ice since.

Regrettably, other historic photos of the same area have much lower resolution and show no details of this particular spot, whereas in the most recent photo (5-Dec-2011) it is covered by a cloud."

Just a pond. Solved.

First thing I thought about when seeing the image was an Oreo cookie. I must be hungry.

Back