• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Discussion Of Spam & Spammers

Date of birth 1990. If they said 2000 they'd be under COPPA. When the board started they were all 21, as they were born in 1980. Next year they'll all be 18.

The Poles have overtaken the Vietnamese as our spammers in chief.

I'm at the point where if there is a place name with either a J or C and Z in it, it's bound for the virtual bin.

It's like Twitter when you get followed for no discernable reason. I remember a Limerick guy going: Why am I being followed by a kebab shop in Bradford?

It wasn't exactly spam, but there was this one time I gained a new follower, a guitarist called the axe man. The notification saying "the axe man is following you" gave me an uncomfortable moment there. :p

The notification for this thread...went into my spam folder.

Does the Google spam filter really just look for the word 'spam'?

Not spam as such, but I've just spotted a bot named Majestic-12 from Kansas City browsing the board: sounds suspicious to me--has anybody here been irritating the NWO?

Spam.jpg

It is indeed, i couldn't figure out if they are like some cheap version of google bots or they are amassing people for a major attack

It is indeed, i couldn't figure out if they are like some cheap version of google bots or they are amassing people for a major attack

If I'm reading it right, they've indexed 7,429,420,121,901 URLs to date -- so all this must be leading somewhere. Do they have their own search engine, or do they provide the data as a third party for others?

Edit: http://www.majestic12.co.uk/about.php
Edit 2: https://www.stonetemple.com/alex-chudnovsky-interviewed-by-eric-enge/ [More revealing]

I asked a friend and he says that it appears to be Discussion of some search engine that is like torrents, spread over the computers. Trying to outrank Google

It's coming thick and fast this afternoon: college-essay writing, detox diets, body-building pills...

It's almost like these bots don't ever take the weekend off!

Shame to have missed them, really. This was the weekend I had set aside to lose a stone, while gaining girth and a fake Ph.D in Mixology.

Luckily, my new chum in Nigeria has promised to send me £2.5 million, now she has all my banking details . . .

:h5:

Commercial door weather stripping?

I'm not sure I know what that is. Like door renovation?

It's almost like these bots don't ever take the weekend off!

To paraphrase Reese from the Terminator:
Listen and understand, those Spam Bots are out there. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead... from reading SPAM.

Commercial door weather stripping?
I'm not sure I know what that is. Like door renovation?

Weather stripping is the rubber / synthetic gasket or skirting around the periphery of a door or window, intended to better seal against dust, drafts, etc.

I confess that I have given very little thought to literal doors in my life.
I move into a house, it has doors; I move out, it has the same doors in the same state.

'House of Four Doors; I could live there forever'.

INT21

Is it me, or is it a bit quiet on the spam front these last few weeks?

With that question, I've probably insulted everyone who's reported or dealt with the stuff recently, but really, I can't think when I last spotted any genuine spam in these parts.

Is it me, or is it a bit quiet on the spam front these last few weeks?

With that question, I've probably insulted everyone who's reported or dealt with the stuff recently, but really, I can't think when I last spotted any genuine spam in these parts.

Peak spam posting time seems to coincide conveniently with the period between my wake-up and coffee-drinking before work, so I squash a lot of spammers immediately: between their starting registration and making their first posts. Most of the spam we see now, however, is advertising links in user profiles--and that's easily found. You can usually get it 85% right by poster location: Poland, Vietnam and India win gold, silver and bronze for spammer perseverance--rarely the Ukrainians get a look in.

That said, there has been an overall reduction of spam/spam accounts at the same time as we are receiving more 'Guest' (unregistered) browsers.

Penis-expansion spam from

richardjews?

That's not a conspicuous username...

Back