• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Discussion Of Spam & Spammers

Still more Vietnamese Text-Copying Spam.

I'm pretty certain that they don't have Worcester sauce flavoured crisps in south East Asia.
And I got suckered into it. :rolleyes: I thought something seemed a little odd but had forgotten about the text copying. Will try harder next time.

And I got suckered into it. :rolleyes: I thought something seemed a little odd but had forgotten about the text copying. Will try harder next time.

Not a problem at all.
I preserved your post by moving it to the original thread on the topic.

Damn, I almost posted a link before I realised it said 'East Asia' and not 'East Anglia'.

Ooops.
INT21

Perhaps it was a statstical blip, but I was deleting a new spam account about every fifteen minutes for a couple of hours last night--some with multiple identities. Vietnamese, Ukranian, Russian.

Did we hit thirty-seven degrees or something?

giphy.gif

Woke up and saw multiple spam notifications!

Apologies, I was a bit slow off the mark. I had five hours sleep the night before, worked all day, drank two extra-strong beers and fell asleep really early.

Last edited:
Just banned a 'replica luxury watch' spammer.

This disclaimer is dodgy as ****:

If you work for the companies whose products we are illegally knocking off, you aren't allowed to look at our website--Bill Clinton says!

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 20.46.49.png

100% Vegan Tattoo Butter

Whatever that is.

Today: a Vietnamese building-demolition firm.

Judging by their photographs, they appear to simply drive diggers in through the wall, swing the arm around a bit and then scoop out the rubble.

Today: a Vietnamese building-demolition firm.

Judging by their photographs, they appear to simply drive diggers in through the wall, swing the arm around a bit and then scoop out the rubble.

How interesting!
waynes-world NOT.jpg

Another copy-text spamming bot here today.

Easy to spot because he copied the text from one of my old posts!

I found the most recently nuked spam attempt particularly interesting because it made me wonder how stupid one has to be to believe disseminating messages that read like Google Translate on acid constitutes effective advertising ...

As there are abounding affidavit to do a enough accord of your arcade on this blazon of all-embracing retail surroundings, there are nevertheless [bullshit product name] the fact that some articles so that they can even be big furnished on line, and [bullshit product name] appears to be obvious one in every of them. So, afore you arch out to buy your [bullshit product name] at Walmart, handy enterprise is easiest a.

:loopy: :roll:

Slightly bizarre spam in the forum's inbox a few minutes ago:

Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 22.31.35.png

I glimpsed a weird full-frontal one earlier. He seemed to wish to be eaten. His post was in German. :actw:

I glimpsed a weird full-frontal one earlier. He seemed to wish to be eaten. His post was in German. :actw:

Yes, sorry, I nodded that one through without the full investigation.

He was called 'Longpig', which I took to be an encouragingly Fortean username, and--to be honest--although he was seemingly naked from the chest-up, he did look rather like Charles Fort. I thought it was some kind of Cosplay.

And then he posted a groin-shot.

And he wasn't very 'long', although he was decidedly porcine: portly with a party sausage.

This is he:

Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 00.03.59.png Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 00.06.10.png

His genitals are available elsewhere online, too, I find.

This is he:

View attachment 18713 View attachment 18714

His genitals are available elsewhere online, too, I find.

l just did a Google image search on Mr. Charisma. Bad idea. To quote my avatar alter ego:

“I could get in a lot of trouble. If you do decide to check it out you need to clear your history right away. You may need to uninstall your browser. I'm telling you scrub that thing clean. If you think you're being too cautious, you're not. They will take us both to jail.”

Roger the Alien

maximus otter

l just did a Google image search on Mr. Charisma. Bad idea. To quote my avatar alter ego:

“I could get in a lot of trouble. If you do decide to check it out you need to clear your history right away. You may need to uninstall your browser. I'm telling you scrub that thing clean. If you think you're being too cautious, you're not. They will take us both to jail.”

Roger the Alien

maximus otter

I only saw his pinterest account.

Does it get worse?

Back