• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Do Forteans Share A Myers-Briggs 'Type'?

Which Is Your Myers-Briggs Category (As Actually Tested)?

• ISTJ

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • INTJ

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • ISTP

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • ISFP

• INFP

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • INTP

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • ESTP

• ESFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • ENTP

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • ESTJ

• ESFJ

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • ENTJ

• Total voters
Apparently, I'm an INTP too.

We could all share our Myers-Briggs Personality Type results.
Might reveal something, or not.
I've taken it 2-3 times and always get branded INTP.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

I had a look at that but it seems a bit complicated for this time of night. Also it asked me if I wanted to 'take the instrument', which seemed rather forward ;) But I'm keen to have a go sometime, thanks. I would be interested to see the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd have to be a truly dedicated Fortean to click through that many links to get to the MBPT test itself. I never found it. My type is FAIL.
Look on the bright side, if you did manage to successfully complete the click trail, you'd find they want you to fork out $50 for them to administer you the 'instrument'... Turns out my personality type is SADP.*

*Short Arms Deep Pockets.

ISFJ here,

This is the result of a session at work though, not the link above.

This is an inspired thread, and I shall subject myself to the initiatory Myres-Briggsification soon (and report the predictable outcome later).

Big INTJ myself, consistent over time, although I believe "intuition" is simply the end result of a wet quantum computer extrapolating a lot of data and producing an answer like a rabbit out of a hat.

Sorry that link labyrinth led to the spiel for 50 bucks. I just found that page and thought it explained the concept.
I've taken these things at work seminars too, and a couple of times online for free, and I think I had a paperback once with a test in it.

I have taken the Myers-Briggs test a few times and have always consistently scored as somewhere between INFJ and INTJ -which is to say the I'm sort of midpoint on the Feeling-Thinking scale (some sites express this as IN?J - which I rather like). So I'm cuddlier than some of you cold-hearted bastards!

I'm not sure how significant this is in terms of Fortean interests though, as I do know some other people who score INFJ and INTJ who take no interest at all in the unexplained.

Everyone else is IN summat, I'm the only IS!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

I looked at all the lil boxes and nothing really fit me, no mention of annoying, daft, quick tempered, unsympathetic, but good sense of humour :p

Back to Myers-Briggs for a mo - ENFP. Every time I've ever taken it. So that makes me odd :).

I've heard that Myers Briggs isn't highly regarded in the scientific community, being seen as pseudoscience at best. Time for a thread on that?

Back