• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

soustupido

Junior Acolyte
1560252303307.png

Here is the link with video:

https://emais.estadao.com.br/notici...jRlR57pPjK6xeNKKGWSUjxHLgyy96wt6q4TwBxdniW-Lg
1560252303307.png

First thoughts:

1. Sound on a CCTV home surveillance system? Unusual.

2. The anatomy, though somewhat otherworldly, isn’t out of the question for a human being.

3. The image looks genuine, i.e. not CGI. The shadow/highlight effects look realistic.

maximus otter

The way it steps behind the car looks strange as though it does not want its front to be seen.

One day, back in 2008, i was about 23 o'clock with a friend in my car trying to find a party that was happening in a farmhouse in a town (Araçoiaba da Serra) that the streets was made of ground, soil, even hadn't lights to illuminate, was only corn and cane plantations on the sides. And i was driving with all high lights on, suddenly a creature very similar to this one in the video crossed in our front, from the plantation in one side to the other on the other side of "street", the legs looked like that the knees was inverted, like a kangaroo knees, and the creature with a humanoid shape, and i just stopped the car, looked at him and he said: "don't tell me that you saw too". And i've turned the car quickly and get ou of there. I couldn't tell him about this occasion for a while, because he did not let. Now we remember and talk, and just remained as a mystery. I just sent this video for him now to know what he think.

Last edited:
At first I thought that there was something wrong about the perspective pf the vid. When the creature comes into view it is in line with the boot/trunk of the car. It seems taller or at least as tall as the car. It then moves to the front of the car and in moving that approx 3-4 metres, it seems to shrink as if it had moved maybe 10-15 metres away from the camera. When it steps in front of the car it is approx the same size as the bonnet/hood.

But watching it again, I'm not sure. It could be a result of the fisheye lens. Also you can see a reflection of it if the car windows which makes me think that it is a real thing. What it is I have no idea.

First thoughts:

1. Sound on a CCTV home surveillance system? Unusual.

2. The anatomy, though somewhat otherworldly, isn’t out of the question for a human being.

3. The image looks genuine, i.e. not CGI. The shadow/highlight effects look realistic.

maximus otter

I initially assumed it would be CGI, but looking again I think it's a skinny person, possibly a child dressed to look like Dobby. As you say the dimensions and movements although odd are within the realm of (costumed) human possibility.

It seems real, but the video quality doesn't help us.

Amongst the comments on the you Tube clip of it is mentioned that the car headlights in the background are still during the video.

Why is there never a test comparison with a real person? That would be the FIRST thing to do yet hardly ever done accurately.
The legs seem extremely thin for it to be a real person/child but that could be down to the type of lens used creating/suggesting that visual effect.

The legs seem extremely thin for it to be a real person/child but that could be down to the type of lens used creating/suggesting that visual effect.
Yeah, I think so. Some 7-10 yr old kids are really lanky. I don't see much of a stretch.
Edit: When not wearing pants or a shirt.

.. and what kind of parent would let any child run down a driveway naked, mask on or not .. and whatever it is does a 'chicken wings' arms flapping thing towards the end.

Let’s say that firstly, Dobby is a popular yet fictional character.

To me, the oddest thing is the slow start to the disappearance but then the sudden cut of the figure disappearing. You’d probably get this if you rendered an animated figure walking for x frames and needed to vanish it at the point the animation stops. A 3D renderer would give matching shadow casting on a matte plane and you could also have a reflecting matte at 90 degrees to produce the car reflection.
The wobbly ears are good though.

.. and what kind of parent would let any child run down a driveway naked, mask on or not .. and whatever it is does a 'chicken wings' arms flapping thing towards the end.

The detail is mostly whited out (thanks to the light messing with nightvision) but if you play it fullscreen you can just make out that the figure is wearing what looks like long shorts. Which proves it wasn't Dobby since Dobby wore a sack.

Funny the night before the Dobby post, I was.. Thinking about Dobby for some reason --actually called my dog "Dobby" for the first time too. Still think young girl with Tiger Balm; you can see her shake her hands too, as they probably still have the ointment on them. Would also explain bowlegged walk, too. :cool:

I don't know what the mystery is—obviously it's Maximus Otter.

Amongst the comments on the you Tube clip of it is mentioned that the car headlights in the background are still during the video.
I don't think that they are car headlights. I think it is IR light reflecting off the reflectors on the rear of a car. Look at the cars parked in the foreground. They appear to have their rear lights on but this is just a reflection of IR light from the security camera.

OK - here's my scenario. Small child acting up. Fixed view - the only thing that changes is the figure (and its reflection). The video actually goes on for much longer, when the figure walks out of view normally and the empty scene continues on.

Video is edited with a perfect cross fade between the figure at the point it starts disappearing and the empty scene. As one background fades down the other fades up such that the sum of them is identical to the expected scene, with only the figure fading out.

Whether the real scene is a set up who knows, but the perfect cross fade is definitely deliberately deceptive.

I must admit, the shadow of the opening door threw me for a while. How's it there, I wondered, when the door's behind the camera's light? And why does it look different from the other shadows, those of the 'creature' and the car; fainter? Another light source behind the door, of course, inside the house, which strengthens the thought this is just a kid messing around. So does the fact that the lady's reaction to an apparent strange, otherwordly being wandering along their driveway, having first come out of her house, is all confusion and curiosity, no fear or concern (at least as far I can read/see). I know I'd be worried if I were in her place, especially if I had children!

My thinking is that either the kid goofed off for whatever reason - just because they could, dared by a friend - then the lady saw the footage, noticed how otherwordly the conditions and camera's limitations made the kid look, and they together decided to have some fun with it, enjoy their fifteen minutes of fame, or it was a hoax/prank by both from the start. Purely speculation, though.

Back