Doctor Who 2 (Avast! There Be Spoilers!)

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
I want one!

Engineer, 52, builds a life-size replica of a Doctor Who Dalek complete with a petrol engine that can reach speeds of up to 20mph - and a voice changer
  • Andy Farley, from Wool in Dorset, constructed a 6ft 6inch life-size Dalek
  • The replica of the Doctor Who nemesis was built from a 1973 Radio Times
  • It has been names Top Fuel Dalek 478 - after the hours put in to its construction
By EMER SCULLY FOR MAILONLINE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7515447/Engineer-52-builds-life-size-replica-Doctor-Dalek.html
I like the statement that it was built from a 1973 Radio Times! Ok, if it’s 6ft 6 inches it’s not life size, that style is about 5foot 3 inches. And building it from the plans in the 1973 Radio Times tenth anniversary special is not a good thing, they are very inaccurate. The article was published on the 28th of Sep and he says in the video he is going to do the raffle draw on the 1st of Sep.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I like the statement that it was built from a 1973 Radio Times! Ok, if it’s 6ft 6 inches it’s not life size, that style is about 5foot 3 inches. And building it from the plans in the 1973 Radio Times tenth anniversary special is not a good thing, they are very inaccurate. The article was published on the 28th of Sep and he says in the video he is going to do the raffle draw on the 1st of Sep.
Ah, don't be a spoiler! It's in the Daily Fail after all!

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
the recreated version of "Mission to the Unknown" was unveiled tonight - and very good it is too!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Dr Who asking a presenter to show him her tits in a corporate video for ZANUSSI in 1981 .. right at the end of the video ..

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
I apologize if this was mentioned but I didn't see it in a brief look at the thread...but what is going on with Dr Who...when will there be a new Doctor and new episodes..?

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
There's photos out from location shooting for the new season. Same doctor though.

Last edited:

gordonrutter

Staff member
Reaction score
New episodes not till next year and a new Doctor? The sooner the better.

gordonrutter

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the current Doctor!
So do I but that’s because I am watching DVDs of Tom Baker! I don’t think Jodie Whitaker is a good actor. I also don’t think Chris Chibnail is any good as a show runner but that’s a different discussion.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I like the current Doctor!
Same here, but I fear we'll just be rehashing well-worn arguments if we get into this again.

Also, Jodie has a new single out, joining the ranks of musical Doctors like Jon Pertwee ("I am the Doctor!"), Peter Davison ("We're off to Button Moon!") and Sylvester McCoy (playing the spoons).

gordonrutter

Staff member
Reaction score
Same here, but I fear we'll just be rehashing well-worn arguments if we get into this again.

Also, Jodie has a new single out, joining the ranks of musical Doctors like Jon Pertwee ("I am the Doctor!"), Peter Davison ("We're off to Button Moon!") and Sylvester McCoy (playing the spoons).
And Colin Baker with Doctor in Distress.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that's quite enough Doctor comparison. I agree about Chibnall, though (showrunners are fair game.)

Let's see what the next series is like, whenever it emerges.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Seems to be a headgear theme... forgotten how much I miss this show when it's not around. Were they bats?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
OMG!!! Official endorsement!!! Fortean Times in Doctor Who episode shock!!! Maybe this will bring new readers knowing the Doc reads it! Except it wasn't her copy, it was, erm,
The Master!
I would have thought he was a skeptic!

Did I ever mention how much I love this programme? It was James Bond timey-wimey, they had fun with the music too. Like the Doc as a Chatty Cathy. Actual proper cliffhanger and everything. And... I kind of saw something coming, but not that...
a new Master! He's back to shrinking people!
Marvellous.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
joining you in the Happy Dance @GNC

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I'm not afraid to admit that FT moment had me punching the air a bit. Thoroughly enjoyed the episode, and so nice not to know the Big Reveal ahead of time. Far better that way! :D
Yes, in previous years certain outlets have been too spoiler-happy, so I'm glad this secret was kept right up to broadcast.

Anyone able to make out which issue of FT it was? It was an older one, I know that.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Oh, well spotted, sir! Think that's from just before I started collecting them.

The Master said he had the full set, I note...

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Finally watched it tonight.
Liked the action and the twist, but "Bubble's" slack-jawed, gobsmacked look really does get my goat!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Bet I'm not the only person to look up Noor Inayat Khan on Wikipedia tonight. They're building on that mystery from the previous series, then? "Dance, Graham, dance!" made me laugh. Lenny got away - possible recurring villain? Bit of a grim ending, talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, though at least humanity was saved, and will think about how much it shares online. OK, that really is science fiction.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Signed version... or audition?!