• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I stopped watching this series half way through, and didn't bother to watch the Christmas episode.

It seems that it's getting a little too focused on the 'formula' of Doctor Who, and not the 'throw the manual out the window' Doctor Who that it has been...until recently.

At the start of each series I will watch a couple of episodes in the hope that things have changed - until then - I have other things to do.

The new Doctor reminds me too much of my Mum.

The Regeneration Problem.
The Dalai Lama has said his next incarnation, if a woman, should be attractive.
He also said she should have a sonic screwdriver and she should only use it while clenching her buttocks and straining an outstretched arm at the same time.,

Apparently, he’s getting internet flak for this.

They're surprised that he has a sense of humour.

If anyone happens to use the free streaming app Pluto TV, they've recently added a classic Dr. Who channel. So all classic episodes, streaming 24 hours a day. With commercials of course, but it's no worse than any regular television channel would be. Watching "The Sun Makers" right now in fact.

At one point, it seemed he wrote all the Target novelisations, and every second TV story. The impact he had on people my age is probably larger than we realise.

Plus pretty much everyone who met him at cons or professionally found him lovely and encouraging.

I only met Terrance once, at a book signing at Longleat 83. I was delighted to find one of the only two Target books missing from my collection (Dinosaur Invasion) and Terrance signed it. I was thrilled to meet him and he was very pleasant. Of course, my mother embarrassed me with mum-isms: "He's got all your books" etc.

I want one!

Engineer, 52, builds a life-size replica of a Doctor Who Dalek complete with a petrol engine that can reach speeds of up to 20mph - and a voice changer
  • Andy Farley, from Wool in Dorset, constructed a 6ft 6inch life-size Dalek
  • The replica of the Doctor Who nemesis was built from a 1973 Radio Times
  • It has been names Top Fuel Dalek 478 - after the hours put in to its construction
By EMER SCULLY FOR MAILONLINE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7515447/Engineer-52-builds-life-size-replica-Doctor-Dalek.html

I want one!

Engineer, 52, builds a life-size replica of a Doctor Who Dalek complete with a petrol engine that can reach speeds of up to 20mph - and a voice changer
  • Andy Farley, from Wool in Dorset, constructed a 6ft 6inch life-size Dalek
  • The replica of the Doctor Who nemesis was built from a 1973 Radio Times
  • It has been names Top Fuel Dalek 478 - after the hours put in to its construction
By EMER SCULLY FOR MAILONLINE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7515447/Engineer-52-builds-life-size-replica-Doctor-Dalek.html
I like the statement that it was built from a 1973 Radio Times! Ok, if it’s 6ft 6 inches it’s not life size, that style is about 5foot 3 inches. And building it from the plans in the 1973 Radio Times tenth anniversary special is not a good thing, they are very inaccurate. The article was published on the 28th of Sep and he says in the video he is going to do the raffle draw on the 1st of Sep.

I like the statement that it was built from a 1973 Radio Times! Ok, if it’s 6ft 6 inches it’s not life size, that style is about 5foot 3 inches. And building it from the plans in the 1973 Radio Times tenth anniversary special is not a good thing, they are very inaccurate. The article was published on the 28th of Sep and he says in the video he is going to do the raffle draw on the 1st of Sep.

Ah, don't be a spoiler! It's in the Daily Fail after all!

Dr Who asking a presenter to show him her tits in a corporate video for ZANUSSI in 1981 .. right at the end of the video ..

I apologize if this was mentioned but I didn't see it in a brief look at the thread...but what is going on with Dr Who...when will there be a new Doctor and new episodes..?

There's photos out from location shooting for the new season. Same doctor though.

Last edited:
I like the current Doctor!
So do I but that’s because I am watching DVDs of Tom Baker! I don’t think Jodie Whitaker is a good actor. I also don’t think Chris Chibnail is any good as a show runner but that’s a different discussion.

I like the current Doctor!

Same here, but I fear we'll just be rehashing well-worn arguments if we get into this again.

Also, Jodie has a new single out, joining the ranks of musical Doctors like Jon Pertwee ("I am the Doctor!"), Peter Davison ("We're off to Button Moon!") and Sylvester McCoy (playing the spoons).

Same here, but I fear we'll just be rehashing well-worn arguments if we get into this again.

Also, Jodie has a new single out, joining the ranks of musical Doctors like Jon Pertwee ("I am the Doctor!"), Peter Davison ("We're off to Button Moon!") and Sylvester McCoy (playing the spoons).
And Colin Baker with Doctor in Distress.

Yes, that's quite enough Doctor comparison. I agree about Chibnall, though (showrunners are fair game.)

Let's see what the next series is like, whenever it emerges.

Back