• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctors Advise: Do Not Put Frozen Potatoes In Your Anus

How would you feel about a frozen potato in the anus?

• Been there, done that, got the stetch-marks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd prefer a grapefruit.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
One for the crossword fans. Did you know, that the Latin name for the potato, Solanum Tuberosum, is an anagram of To bumm anus rsoul?

Right, I've obviously got better things I could be doing.
[pedant]Scientific name, not Latin name and the specific epithet should start with a lowercase letter[/pedant] and relax.

Whilst investing this quite fascinating discovery, my 'butt stop' Google query was directed to yet another new terminology.

Truly educational, the things one learns here.

'Swamp Ass'...

https://www.menshealth.com/style/a19530453/swamp-ass/

There's also the risk of pilonidal sinus.

When I worked in hospitals I met men who'd suffered from them to the extent of needing an operation.

NHS page about the condition -
Pilonidal sinus

A pilonidal sinus is a small hole or tunnel in the skin at the top of the buttocks, where they divide (the cleft). It does not always cause symptoms and only needs to be treated if it becomes infected.

Most people with a pilonidal sinus do not notice it unless it becomes infected and causes symptoms.

So if you often get sweaty and itch at the top of your bum-cleft, especially if you are male/hirsute/sit down a lot at work (eg as a driver) you need to get someone to look at it. If it's inflamed it could be a pilonidal sinus and will need attention.

One that's infected AND neglected can deliver a WORLD of trouble.

There's also the risk of pilonidal sinus.

When I worked in hospitals I met men who'd suffered from them to the extent of needing an operation.

NHS page about the condition -
Pilonidal sinus

So if you often get sweaty and itch at the top of your bum-cleft, especially if you are male/hirsute/sit down a lot at work (eg as a driver) you need to get someone to look at it. If it's inflamed it could be a pilonidal sinus and will need attention.

One that's infected AND neglected can deliver a WORLD of trouble.
Anal fistulae are a...ahem...pain in the arse too. :mcoat:

One of the simplest thing to check for in a Home setting and it makes a huge difference to the quality of life for (dementia) residents!

Page one had me crying with laughter, especially the advice to "Put the pieces in the freezer. Wait until they are frozen".

Apparently the latest advice is that it won't kill you if you're under 70 - and to wash your hands a lot afterwards.

Oh, hold on...I may be getting that mixed up with the other thing that's going around.

Although, I think toilet roll might be involved in both.

Back