• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Does Anybody Recall This Weird Ghost Photo On Fortean TV?

A

Anonymous

Hello Everybody,

A couple of years ago I remember turning on to fortean TV while the program was half way through and caught the end of an article about some really weird spooky video footage.

Someone was filming their horse running in a circle on the end of a piece of rope and while the camera was panning with the horse there was what looked like a strange man in a suit and top hat standing by some trees in the background.

The person filming did not notice the character until watching it later.

The footage was really spooky but I have not seen it since or seen still photo's from it anywhere..

So does anybody else remember this footage???

also

Does Fortean TV have a website???

thanks

Chris Baker

Dunno but Fortean TV is being repeated at some ungodly (quite apt) hour on channel four.

Set yer video, you never know.

I remember the horse-ghost... At least I remember that I can remember it... It was indeed spooky. I don't know anymore about it though. But, at least you know it wasn't a dream.

Bye

Martin

Yes I remember the video it is funny as I was going to ask the same thing as I to have not seen or heard of it since, it was one of those interesting things as there is something that was not and should not be there.

All I can remember was that (I think) it was filmed in shropshire the figure maybe explained as the hedge or wood was by a ancient trackway so they thought it maybe a ghost of user long dead, I cannot remember anything else or it being on fortena tv
but I remember the series and the songs at the end!

hope this helps and it would be interesting to hear anything about it as I too was wondering about it

Fortean TV repeats

I checked my tv guide and Fortean TV is currently shown very late on friday night on C4 (about 3am saturday morning ot be precise).

Chris

Unbelievable !!

I don't beleive it....

that video was actually shown on fortean TV tonight, 3:05am on channel 4 that is, the first episode of fortean TV I watched in 2 years and they showed the episode with that ghost video.

If anybody watched fortean TV tonight what did you think of that video ?????

Chris Baker

That is great news

Can you let us know the details of the video so we can research further?

If the details are the same as the ones I remembered I would be happy to know that my memory works sometimes

:) :) :) :) :) :) it is good to know pacman is alive and well

I'll check the video again later but it happened at maidstone (Kent) and in old days that was the main london-canterbury horse track.

thats about all they said really, but the video footage was excellent, the figure was standing in an area where it would have been very inconvenient to stand and the horses who went within a few yards did not react to the figure which they would have if someone was that close.

Chris

Oh well my memory did fail me there!

have not found anything on it yet though so it would be interesting to see what has happened to the video over the years or if it has been explained or whatever

there is no major site for fortean tv that I have to find. only the makers website which offers no links.

There's Fortean TV in England? Dang...the only British shows I get are the ones that PBS runs and BBCAmerica on satellite. I am envious.

There is no dedicated fortean tv channel if that is what you mean the programme we are on about is and was a half hour programme of two series worth a couple of years ago (There were a couple of unexplained series on each channel a couple of years ago probably due to the x-files popularity now there are none as far as I know anyway my wife usually watches something else!!) it was enlightening viewing.

The video we are talking about was on it but has not been since.

That goes for fortean tv as well as it is only being repeated at the moment early in the morning (Too early) we await a new series.

I presume there are more fortean type tv shows in america so you are more luckier than us if there are.

There aren't any TV shows over here dedicated specifically to Forteana, but there are quite a few specials on the Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, the History Channel, and the like. I watch them whenever I can, but I have things like homework holding me back. :(

Dear Laura, have already answered that in another chat thread if you were asking me and Abe sapien in question.

Ghost video

Chris Baker said:
I'll check the video again later but it happened at maidstone (Kent) and in old days that was the main london-canterbury horse track.

thats about all they said really, but the video footage was excellent, the figure was standing in an area where it would have been very inconvenient to stand and the horses who went within a few yards did not react to the figure which they would have if someone was that close.

Chris

The video was taken at Cobham Manor riding school, near Maidstone, by Martin Emmott in the summer of 1985. The account and pix are given in Unexplained Kent (a Kent Messenger group publication printed by Breedon Books (Derby) 1997 [contact the Kent Mesenger on http://www.kentonline.co.uk to find how to obtain a copy]). The account is given on pp.67-71. ISBN of the book is 1-85983-104-4 (£10.99).

:)

I remember seeing that and having it on tape. All I can recall from it is seeing an old woman dressed as they do and with typical white hair. No top hat or anything and nothing suspectly odd at all.
I do hope someone can offer a different substantial point.

iirc wasnt the ghost purported to be a quaker?

Has anyone got a still from the video they can post?

I'd like to see this again.

I would like to see this video,i remember a friend told me about it saying it was very impressive,but i have never seen it, anybody have any info on it?

Here's a still:-

Ghost.jpg

...and here's the relevant segment of Fortean TV.

It is quite creepy and while my first thought was just a simulacra of foliage, light it certainly does appear to be a person.

I'd suggest an old lady with grey hair perhaps rather than a pilgrim ghost. they say that it is not a spot where anyone could be walking but then they say it is where the Pilgrim's Way path is.

Peculiar whatever it is. I'd lean toward it being a flesh and blood person that the horse rider just didn't notice.

Tvm for that jack,its a lot better then the normal ooo its a spider walking on the cam,but what it really is i have no idea. :)

titch said:
Tvm for that jack,its a lot better then the normal ooo its a spider walking on the cam,but what it really is i have no idea. :)

Looks like whoever it is has a really long right arm and is pointing to something!

Been studying the video a little,the stable manager says horses get spooked but this horse didn't react. :?

At 1St glance it does look like a long pointing arm, but i think that's just the shadows and branches combining to have that effect,could that also be the cause of the whole figure? i don't think so. :?

says on wikipedia that channel 4 commissioned a new series in august 2010

That arm is a little long for a little old lady, but it's still very cool.

Back