• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Does Anyone Here Have Psychic Abilities?

Jacket_Potato

Devoted Cultist
I was wondering whether anybody on these boards has any psychic abilities? I've toyed with the idea of going to a psychic / medium but don't want to get ripped off. Then i wondered if anyone did on these boards?

Just thinking out loud - hopefully no one takes offence!

A poster on'ere did a Tarot reading for me a few years ago as a favour and it was spot-on. If you get chatting to people they might feel inclined, y'know.

A poster on'ere did a Tarot reading for me a few years ago as a favour and it was spot-on. If you get chatting to people they might feel inclined, y'know.
Thanks escargot - glad your tarot reading was spot on, I do think there's a lot in it. I have a pack of cards (not tarot but some sort of angel cards) that someone gave me years ago - sometimes i use those for guidance. Maybe someone around here has some skills!

Just remember that this is t'internet! So it's a bit like leaving a request on the wall of a public loo and seeing who turns up :rollingw:

Please don't give out contact details, you can potentially get on to a "suckers" list.

Maybe try to define why you feel more likely to get ripped off f2f than by a random person?

Enjoy, but please safeguard yourself :oldm:

Just remember that this is t'internet! So it's a bit like leaving a request on the wall of a public loo and seeing who turns up :rollingw:

Please don't give out contact details, you can potentially get on to a "suckers" list.

Maybe try to define why you feel more likely to get ripped off f2f than by a random person?

Enjoy, but please safeguard yourself :oldm:
Hi Frideswide - you're absolutely right! Would never give out any personal info. Suppose I was thinking more about tuning in or 'knowing' without someone cold reading face to face or going through your social pages in advance. Thanks for the advice, appreciated

I once experimented with friends to try to see if any of us exhibited any psychic abilities.

We tried detecting various psychic phenomena but this example was for Telepathy.

Over the course of several sessions it became apparent that some people can 'Send' things to others and some can 'Receive' but none of us could do both.

I turned out to be a Receiver.

I once experimented with friends to try to see if any of us exhibited any psychic abilities.

We tried detecting various psychic phenomena but this example was for Telepathy.

Over the course of several sessions it became apparent that some people can 'Send' things to others and some can 'Receive' but none of us could do both.

I turned out to be a Receiver.
I have tried to 'send' messages to people (eg. people i miss etc) however it has never seen to work, unless i pop into their heads & they think 'ugh not her!'

An aunt of mine was known for spookiness. One of her tricks was supposed to be putting ideas into people's heads.

I was sceptical until one morning, driving home after a night shift, I had the urge to take an unusual route.

There at the bus stop was Auntie Val, on her way to the other end of town. I gladly took her all the way, much further than the bus would have.

I said 'How lucky I was passing!' and she said 'Luck had nothing to do with it! I just needed a lift and I knew someone would come!'

Val didn't know anything about my job. She was just spooky.

My paternal grandmother used to do card readings & tea leaves. When I was in high school I used to bring her out as a party trick for my friends & get her to read their cards.
My maternal grandmother used to be a bit of a magnet for ghosty things and knowing when things would happen but was the biggest skeptic so never really utilised her skills as such.

I was wondering whether anybody on these boards has any psychic abilities? I've toyed with the idea of going to a psychic / medium but don't want to get ripped off. Then i wondered if anyone did on these boards?

Others have called me the 'p' word before but maybe I can sometimes just subconciously 'read' people and emotions well. It's not something that I can control. On a previous discussion:

I've weirded out several people by somehow knowing things about them that I shouldn't have known, and by telling them things I couldn't have known about. I cannot say if this is 'psychic' ability or not. It's not something that is planned, it just pops into my head.

I think that maybe I can 'read' people fairly well, I can unconciously pick up small clues and gauge their feelings and intentions? It could be described as a kind of emotional intelligence, perhaps.

I have put my people-reading skills to the test a few times as a minor party trick, reading very small facial expressions and pre-verbal clues (ie the words that are about to be spoken). Cold reading is rather fun to pick apart, too.

I have had several premonitive dreams that were highly distressing, but again this is not proof of any kind of super-normal ability.

... The thought of charging money for what insights pop into my head is anathema to me; in fact it makes me feel quite ill. Generally it's nice to know how someone is feeling but there are occasions where it's distressing or draining and I'd rather not know.

I can confirm I'm a DBS-checked relatively harmless lady and if you're ever in my neck of the woods (south-west England) let me know and I'll buy you a coffee and see if anything pops into my noggin? Absolutely no charge whatsoever :)

Others have called me the 'p' word before but maybe I can sometimes just subconciously 'read' people and emotions well. It's not something that I can control. On a previous discussion:

I can confirm I'm a DBS-checked relatively harmless lady and if you're ever in my neck of the woods (south-west England) let me know and I'll buy you a coffee and see if anything pops into my noggin? Absolutely no charge whatsoever :)

I have had similar experiences, I have done a lot of intuitive foot-in-mouth stuff over the years; knowing things that people freak out over.

For example, I randomly called someone a random pet name and they freaked as it was the pet name for them that only their (deceased) father ever used.

Like you, it's not that I "know" it, it just pops into my head like anything else and I just say it as usual.

It's only by other people's reactions that I realise I have hit upon something without meaning to.

And often it's something people would rather not talk about, so it's mostly awkward.

Must be hard to find one...I wish you luck.

For example, I randomly called someone a random pet name and they freaked as it was the pet name for them that only their (deceased) father ever used.

Out in t'woods once with my dogs, where we'd meet up with other friendly walkers and pets, someone randomly greeted my dogs with a nonsense phrase that I'd only ever heard a close, deceased relation say. I was absolutely astonished. Didn't tell her as she'd've been a bit stunned too!

I have a phone but I never use it. I hate phoning people full stop. And I hate people phoning me, it makes me climb the wall.

But, earlier this evening I had a sudden urge to contact my sister. She didn't answer so I sent a text asking if she was okay.

She has just phoned me back to tell me that she has just found out that she has a serious health condition and that her dog also has a serious health condition (she was in the vets when I called).

To top it off, she confided in me that she has been haunted in her bed for the last two nights.

She was also in shock from receiving an actual phone call from me.

Out of curiousity/crossroad in my life, I went to Mysteries (now in Covent Garden, London) in the early 80's for a Tarot and Astrology reading.
Having dabbled with Tarot cards myself, I gave very little away about myself to the young lady (apart from £15.00) and got very little back. The cards were ambiguous, but the reading was honest and she didn't try to tell me what I may have wanted to hear.
The hour long session with the chain-smoking Astrologer (£40.00) was far more illuminating - I had got the time of my birth wrong, he said it wasn't that important as he was just a Journalist with a computer programme. We talked, we clicked - a stranger on my wavelength who made me realise stuff that was probably obvious to anyone who wasn't me. I remember what we spoke about and it is still relevant all these years later.
£40.00 was then a lot of money and I could have spent it on other 'journeys' - but it was worth it.

I have a phone but I never use it. I hate phoning people full stop. And I hate people phoning me, it makes me climb the wall.

But, earlier this evening I had a sudden urge to contact my sister. She didn't answer so I sent a text asking if she was okay.

She has just phoned me back to tell me that she has just found out that she has a serious health condition and that her dog also has a serious health condition (she was in the vets when I called).

To top it off, she confided in me that she has been haunted in her bed for the last two nights.

She was also in shock from receiving an actual phone call from me.

Gosh - hope both recover well. The haunting may well be a result of her health condition, not that I'm trying to belittle the experience.

What a lovely offer - whereabouts in the south west? I'm south east england! For me it's love, love & more love - who will i end up with & will i ever have a family of my own...silly really very interesting that you've 'just known' things, it must really surprise people!

Ya, I take offense! So are you going to do something to make amends, or is that a hallow sentiment expressed in your original "just thinking out loud" post?

I am not sure who to direct this answer toward since the discussion devolved into references to UK public restrooms and "for a good time call". rather quickly

what you are asking about is Cartomancy, and fortune telling, not psychic abilities. divination is not necessarily psychic in nature. you could also have your fortune told by a geomancer or a necromancer, you got google, goog will fetch you the definition. Tarot, tea leaves, patterns of flocks of birds, sunrise and sunset have all been used to tell the future. So the fortune teller is expressing their interpretation of the divining medium. Tarot cards, for example, are placed on the table in different spreads (configurations) the different locations of the cards assign that card role. examples would be past, present, future. so if you get the Fool in your past position, Diablo in the present position, and the Towers in the future position. Those are the cards you just pulled. The fortune teller interprets your cards for you. not one ounce of psychic ability was used.

this should be moved under
Fraudulent Mediums/Psychics

lookout the prefix "necro" is just waiting for a dick and fart joke

Back