• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Does Magick Work?

If you wait long enough, most people get cancer. I haven't noticed the bad people getting it any sooner.
Indeed. The statistical probability is fairly high that many people will get some form of cancer.
The idea that you can hex somebody, then they get cancer - that doesn't necessarily mean that your hex worked.

Indeed. The statistical probability is fairly high that many people will get some form of cancer.
The idea that you can hex somebody, then they get cancer - that doesn't necessarily mean that your hex worked.

It doesn't matter though. My whole point is that there's no need to wish blue murder and shite on people. It comes in its own whether people are good or bad.

It's random. When it happens to unpleasant people it's nice to enjoy it, no effort necessary.

Also, people who live chaotic and harmful lives are more likely to run into trouble. It's not retribution, it's just how things are.

I'm off to read about calderas. They'll do for us all.

It doesn't matter though. My whole point is that there's no need to wish blue murder and shite on people. It comes in its own whether people are good or bad.

It's random. When it happens to unpleasant people it's nice to enjoy it, no effort necessary.

Also, people who live chaotic and harmful lives are more likely to run into trouble. It's not retribution, it's just how things are.

I'm off to read about calderas. They'll do for us all.
We also don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

Plenty of people put masks on to cover up what is really going on.

The universe will deal its own karma.

We also don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

Plenty of people put masks on to cover up what is really going on.

The universe will deal its own karma.
It doesn't, though. Or not in my experience. I dunno. I don't believe in karma, I haven't seen any evidence of it. I've known brilliant people die young and go through hell and absolute shits live quite happily, untroubled by owt, into their late 80s. It's just random.

It doesn't, though. Or not in my experience. I dunno. I don't believe in karma, I haven't seen any evidence of it. I've known brilliant people die young and go through hell and absolute shits live quite happily, untroubled by owt, into their late 80s. It's just random.
Well it would be boring if we all thought the same :)

Does anything work? I mean - all the things about societies, public bodies, initiatives. Are they just feeble flailing attempts to stave off the effect of entropy and the collapse of everything?

Generally yes, but nothing works perfectly.

Karma is a specific process, part of some religions, which relates to the learning of lessons in one's next life, not this one. The idea is that you mess up now and find out next time how not to mess up again.

So we won't see the downfalls of people who shaft us unless we are reborn near them and we wouldn't remember anyway.

Karma is a specific process, part of some religions, which relates to the learning of lessons in one's next life, not this one. The idea is that you mess up now and find out next time how not to mess up again.

So we won't see the downfalls of people who shaft us unless we are reborn near them and we wouldn't remember anyway.
Yes, I don't believe in karma, threefold laws, or any of that - there's no reason to. :)

The Government has a spell called "Tax", makes my money magically disappear , so yup magick indeed does work :p

Yup, 's'wishful thinking innit.
Observing and enjoying your tormentor's later misery though, that's PERFECTLY rational. :D
1611520761612.jpeg

It is...

Urgh, horrible neighbours are the worst! I feel your pain.
Yup, I had a nasty neighbour when my two older children were tiny. She'd accuse me of letting them pull her flowers up and all sorts, the silly bitch. The kids weren't even two years old. I hated her.

Long story short, she died relatively young of lung cancer. My only regret was that I hadn't tried to buy her friendship with a few packs of fags so I could enjoy having helped make her ill. :chuckle:

Yup, I had a nasty neighbour when my two older children were tiny. She'd accuse me of letting them pull her flowers up and all sorts, the silly bitch. The kids weren't even two years old. I hated her.

Long story short, she died relatively young of lung cancer. My only regret was that I hadn't tried to buy her friendship with a few packs of fags so I could enjoy having helped make her ill. :chuckle:
She does sound horrible. Karma got her nicely there though :p

It is believed that 6,000 years ago in Mesopotamia the art of healing people with the power of crystals.

Different crystals healed different ailments.

It is not unusual to see people wear copper bracelets to heal their arthritis.

I have meet people who burn different color candles for evil forces along with burning sage to clean evil from the house.

Belief is 90 % of the magical universal forces.

I have my lucky pair of socks and underwear ( they do get washed ) and my grand boys have their lucky caps and T-Shirts.

On my desk I still have my plastic army soldiers from my childhood for feeling of why I am here.

My wife has her childhood necklaces and bracelets for sentimental strength.

Magic is everywhere !

That is just superstition.

Sounds like the crazy woman who used to live next door. She complained that our pet rabbit was digging up her lawn.
I told her that it had died 6 weeks earlier and could dig it up if she wanted.

Sounds like the crazy woman who used to live next door. She complained that our pet rabbit was digging up her lawn.
I told her that it had died 6 weeks earlier and could dig it up if she wanted.
How did she react?

Urgh, horrible neighbours are the worst! I feel your pain.

This one I had moved in like he owned the street- if you know what I mean. Hated him straight away. Used to shout and swear at his wife and kid, used my wheelie bin (without asking), parked over the drive (without asking) etc. One day I took his very heavy bag of rubbish out and put it outside his house. When I came back 30 mins later it was gone. I looked in my bin and there it was. I looked up and he was sat in his car waiting for the bin wagon (to make sure they took his rubbish). The bin lads just happened to be on their way down the street and when I asked him ''what the **** are you doing'', he went storming over to them like a teenager. The driver was looking at me and I'm gesturing to him that k***head is not right in the brain. The lads agreed with me. Mind you, this was the same guy who had broken glass outside his house on the pavement for 6 months (I would have swept it up for an old person), and recycling strewn all over the place at the back, as he was too thick to use the crates properly like a normal human being does. My point is, I often thought how some kind of 'magick' would be useful on this moron. I don't think I'd ever really mess with such stuff though, even if I knew how to.

I don't think I'd ever really mess with such stuff though, even if I knew how to.
You don't need to. Chances are, someone with such an erratic lifestyle as his will be coming to grief in one way or another. For a start, he will upset someone who won't stand for his selfish behaviour and will retaliate in kind or worse.

This one I had moved in like he owned the street- if you know what I mean. Hated him straight away. Used to shout and swear at his wife and kid, used my wheelie bin (without asking), parked over the drive (without asking) etc. One day I took his very heavy bag of rubbish out and put it outside his house. When I came back 30 mins later it was gone. I looked in my bin and there it was. I looked up and he was sat in his car waiting for the bin wagon (to make sure they took his rubbish). The bin lads just happened to be on their way down the street and when I asked him ''what the **** are you doing'', he went storming over to them like a teenager. The driver was looking at me and I'm gesturing to him that k***head is not right in the brain. The lads agreed with me. Mind you, this was the same guy who had broken glass outside his house on the pavement for 6 months (I would have swept it up for an old person), and recycling strewn all over the place at the back, as he was too thick to use the crates properly like a normal human being does. My point is, I often thought how some kind of 'magick' would be useful on this moron. I don't think I'd ever really mess with such stuff though, even if I knew how to.
I'm relatively lucky with my neighbours but I try and keep myself to myself.

I can only imagine how miserable it would be to be unfairly persecuted by a shitty neighbour.

Back