• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Does the FT message board belong to THEM?

I've no idea which posts BRF is referring to, specifically, but I really don't think it was those by Dingo667.

Dingo667 said:
BlackRiverFalls said:
Who me? Shocked

F*ck no.

I'm talking about the footwear infestation.

Sorry I don't get you...at all. Is this supposed to be sarcasm?
Every word I wrote above I meant, if you knew the story behind it, you would feel stupid doubting me, so how was I trolling?
More importantly, how is it NOT trolling when you call my post sh*te and then answer with very weak sarcasm?
Do not ever call me a troll again, because I never have and never will be one. I love playing Devil's advocate and I do speak my mind, what I don't do is deliberately start... unlike some. :roll:

I think Dingos post was reasonable. He gave (imho) an accurate description of the FTMB.

Can't speak for the others but maybe he could give urls.

Maybe this is a misunderstanding and your comment was directed elsewhere.

As if anyone gets the in joke about footwear! It just illustrates the complacency of the 25 or so people who dominate the site. It's interesting that some posters are steering clear of this debate?

Oh, ok if she didn't mean me then its alright. :oops:
i am a "she" though. ;)

Dingo667 said:
i am a "she" though. ;)
There's nothing in BRF's posts to indicate gender, at all.

Rest easy, Dingo667. They're not about you.

I still don't get the comment about footwear. Guess I'm not one of the 'mages', then. :)

Edit: Aha...'sock puppets'...right...

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Dingo667 said:
i am a "she" though. ;)
There's nothing in BRF's posts to indicate gender, at all.

Rest easy, Dingo667. They're not about you.

Erm, wasn't it ramon who got that wrong??

Hold on, I've got it - they're trying to confuse the board to death.

Mythopoeika said:
I still don't get the comment about footwear. Guess I'm not one of the 'mages', then. :)

AAARGH! Me dumb!

And there we go. The dominant minority steer opinion again? Move along now, nothing to see here! You don't want to be a newbie here. You don't want to be blitzed by the obscure sarcasm of someone who couldn't spell the name right?
There's an S on the end?

MaxtheDog said:
And there we go. The dominant minority steer opinion again? Move along now, nothing to see here!

Care to explain who that's aimed at?
Just curious.

Mythopoeika said:
MaxtheDog said:
And there we go. The dominant minority steer opinion again? Move along now, nothing to see here!

Just curious.
I think that's a fairly all inclusive statement, meant to appeal to everybody's individual paranoias!

The, 'I know what you did last summer... you know who you are...' gambit.

:lol:

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Mythopoeika said:
MaxtheDog said:

Just curious.
I think that's a fairly all inclusive statement, meant to appeal to everybody's individual paranoias!

:lol:

Ahhh right. How amusing. :)

Dingo667 said:
i am a "she" though. ;)

A thousand apologies for getting your gender wrong!

I abase myself!

No chocolate doughnuts for me tonight.

:lol: Yes!

Dingo, that comment was not directed at you at all. I am sorry if I unintentionally left it open to misinterpretation.

Yes I'm happy to name names in terms of who's dominating the site. Mythopoekia, man you're a boring petty conservative. You just tag on to other peoples' contributions & make weak humorous comments.
Other people I think over-dominate the site?
Pietro Mercurios
Ramon Mercado (That's Mercados!!)
Spook Daddy
Black River Falls
Noticeable by their absence from this thread:
Rynners of any number.
& another guy who's fading from memory but liked British guns.

MaxtheDog said:
You don't want to be a newbie here. You don't want to be blitzed by the obscure sarcasm of someone who couldn't spell the name right?
There's an S on the end?

:confused:

MaxtheDog said:
Yes I'm happy to name names in terms of who's dominating the site. Mythopoekia, man you're a boring petty conservative. You just tag on to other peoples' contributions & make weak humorous comments.

Thanks for the reveal.

I refute that comment of 'petty conservative'. I am very much a floating voter.

I 'just tag on to other peoples' contributions & make weak humorous comments'. Well, I guess that's mostly true. I do occasionally contribute and make intelligent comments as well. I never thought of myself as 'dominating' anything. Maybe it's because I actually spend some time in here?

And what has your contribution to the FTMB been, oh wonderful 'Maxthedog'?

Oh yeah, and you couldn't spell my name right... :roll:

roflmfao Max. Has Harry got his hand too far up your bottom again? You know what happens to naughty sock puppets?

soot2.jpg

Thread locked, pending moderation.

If anyone has any suspicions, or complaints to make, please do not take them on thread, whatever the temptation. Contact a moderator.

Any attempt take this discussion to another thread will lead to immediate suspension.

P_M

After discussion, the thread has now been reopened, as we think it's good to have a vector for opinions about the current "health" of the board. All (considered) comments welcomed.

That said, any direct flaming will be dealt with quickly and in accordance with the warning system, and trolling will incur an immediate suspension, and more often than not a permanent ban. Will members please report any such conduct directly to us and do not engage. We will deal.

Discussion resumed.

MaxtheDog said:
Other people I think over-dominate the site?
Pietro Mercurios
Ramon Mercado (That's Mercados!!)
Spook Daddy
Black River Falls
Noticeable by their absence from this thread:
Rynners of any number.
& another guy who's fading from memory but liked British guns.

I take it that the final reference is to me - or my signature line at least.

It seems to me that you've merely listed the most prolific/regular posters. I'm not sure if my staggering average of three posts per day is dominating anything at all, but perhaps that's beside the point. I had presumed though that the original poster was getting at the idea of a controlling clique (a product of group-think perhaps), but I find that many of the posters you've listed have strongly differing outlooks on Fortean and non-Fortean subjects alike; there's a hardly a consistent line to be discerned from this group.

So, overall, I'm unconvinced.

BlackRiverFalls said:
And he only ranked me 4th. :lol:

I was mentioned first. I feel like a target. :(

I have "issues", personally, with some prolific posters on this board and I accept that there's room for criticism of the possibly unintentional "feeling" of the discussion within the thread. But a concerted effort to undermine questioning of Forteana? I don't think so.

Forteana almost demands questioning* and, it's this that allows for discussion. We should be aware of cyberbullying of those who don't fit the consensus but I appreciate the clear, non-abusive interest in a particular stance or declaration. Being "regulars" might highlight certain posting habits but this doesn't indicate a boards general "flavour" until the postings become almost consensual. By that time, I assure you, I'd leave this board** and sign up to one of the more "woo-woo" waste-of-bandwidth sites we can find!

I suspect that this thread isn't a flame but an attempt to air dissatisfaction with the current "feel" of some threads where, possibly, some posters dominate with almost proprietorial enthusiasm.

* Just demanding "Give us proof!" isn't questioning on an ephemeral media such as the internet. One cannot physically display any possible artifacts - photos especially - so demanding anything apart from intellectually ascertainable facts is, actually, counter-intuitive.

** Form a queue and sign the petition, people.

As a fairly new and not terribly prolific poster here I think it's worth saying that I've come across most if not all of the posters mentioned earlier, and on threads which may provoke a reaction such as euthanasia, and never felt that I was in anything other than a fair and equal discussion. It's never entered my head that there's a click* here.

If certain people post more then they post more, if people have strong opinions then that's what makes the arguments here worth having, and of course occasionally people get entrenched and a bit inflexible but that's inevitable, everyone except me does that. And plenty of people here are willing to concede a point.

For me there's no problem here.

*Welsh spelling.

I find that the people I quite often strongly, and openly, disagree with are the same people I quite often openly agree with - which strikes me as pretty healthy, certainly nothing to apologise for. The idea that there is some sort of clique involved is easily discounted simply by looking at how often the supposed members of that clique are at odds with each other.

Back