• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dog thefts

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
We may be getting a dog in a few months and I can't help noticing posts on Facebook with pictures on people in vans saying watch out for these dog thieves. While slightly worrying it alarms me how easily people share such posts without ever thinking that perhaps the person in the van is innocent of such crimes.

It may well happen but I'm interested to know if it is generally an urban legend or something that does happen but not half as frequently as such posts suggest.

We may be getting a dog in a few months and I can't help noticing posts on Facebook with pictures on people in vans saying watch out for these dog thieves. While slightly worrying it alarms me how easily people share such posts without ever thinking that perhaps the person in the van is innocent of such crimes.

It may well happen but I'm interested to know if it is generally an urban legend or something that does happen but not half as frequently as such posts suggest.

It genuinely happens.

A lot.

Vans make dog snatching easier.

I have already thought of changing the back gate to a tall one that has a bit so that a padlock can be put through it. That way there is no access to the back garden. £45 from Wickes.

Well worth the investment, Spudrick.

Back