• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dog Walking Couple Spot 'Demonic Figure' Stalking Them In National Trust Park

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Pub owners Hannah and Dave Rowett had quite the fright when the former captured footage of a ‘demon ghost’ crawling across the path in an infamous haunted park.

In the unsettling footage a small, ghostly-looking figure can be seen sprinting across the path.

The couple were walking their Labradors through Clumber Park, the National Trust country park in Nottinghamshire, at around 6:30am earlier this month.

The park is said to be the home of a female spirit called ‘Grey Lady’ who haunts the forest while wearing a long, grey coat.

Hannah, 52, quickly used her phone to capture the ‘scary’, white silhouette crossing the couple’s path as she follows it with a torch.

https://www.ladbible.com/community/...-lady-footage-755781-20221219?source=facebook

Well, l’m convinced.

maximus otter

...Hannah, 52, quickly used her phone to capture the ‘scary’, white silhouette crossing the couple’s path as she follows it with a torch...

'Quickly' would be putting it conservatively.

Given the speed with which the apparent thing is apparently moving - to have her phone out, set to camera, pointed in the right direction, and with barely a hint of user motion, then she must have quantum computer level reactions.

'Quickly' would be putting it conservatively.

Given the speed with which the apparent thing is apparently moving - to have her phone out, set to camera, pointed in the right direction, and with barely a hint of user motion, then she must have quantum computer level reactions.
I thought the same until I read the whole article. She explains it better than I could here.

Instinct says a hoax.

It's a man wearing some sort of material which produces that effect when a camera has a certain setting.
(Watch first 20 seconds.)

Or as is more probable;

The figure appears to move from right to left but remains in a fixed shape.

So some sort of figure printed onto a clear film/piece of plastic, then dragged across the camera lens from right to left.

Last edited:
Another thing that always makes me a little suspicious.

Until not that long ago the word 'demonic' would barely have entered the British lexicon when referencing such an event; the absolutely overriding tradition being that of ghosts. However, since the venerable tradition of seeing ghosts has been processed into unrecognisability by the insatiable maw of the redditisor - and the fact that 'demon' will probably get you more transatlantic hits - now everyone's suddenly seeing bloody demons. Except - and I hate to sound like a hardened sceptic, but I'll live with it - no they're fucking not.

Another thing that always makes me a little suspicious.

Until not that long ago the word 'demonic' would barely have entered the British lexicon when referencing such an event; the absolutely overriding tradition being that of ghosts. However, since the venerable tradition of seeing ghosts has been processed into unrecognisability by the insatiable maw of the redditisor - and the fact that 'demon' will probably get you more transatlantic hits - now everyone's suddenly seeing bloody demons. Except - and I hate to sound like a hardened sceptic, but I'll live with it - no they're fucking not.
Exactly my thoughts, it's an Americanism imported via tv and social media. I truly, truly hope that is does not become a mainstream substitute for 'ghost' in the UK popular media

From the article:

"The video was originally taken as a ‘live’ photo, an iPhone function which lets you take successive frames when taking a picture. This can be converted into a normal video which Hannah did to share it on Facebook."

This format gives plenty of scope for a hoax, like those Apps that allow you to insert ghosts into iPhone images etc, However, it could be mist, smoke or a ghostly manifestation... I feel without meeting them in person to gauge their sincerity and honesty it is a difficult one to call.

Last edited:
In the words of Bill Burr, "Ah, Jesus".

I could be suffering from false memory syndrome but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that video before to the tune of a few years ago. The ‘Grey Lady’ connection rings a bell as well.

As I have said many times on here - my dog is my barometer for weird. She's not worried, then I'm not worried, even if it appears that all hell is breaking loose around us; if the dog isn't growling, barking, bristling and attempting to whip round and run for home, then it's something perfectly explicable that I just can't grasp.

So where's the dog and what is it doing whilst this is going on?

Back