• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Stories of paranormally walking dolls. Shudder. I've come across a couple of such stories, I should think I posted one from one of Anne Bradford's books on here... it was horrible!

Edit: Found it! Full text from that post now copied here:

This is the story about the moving doll, I've copied it word for word from "Haunted!: Ghost Stories from round and about Stratford, Redditch, Bromsgrove and Alcester" by Anne Bradford, Hunt End Books 1992:

Webheath, Birchfield Road

A sixteen-year-old girl had such a macabre experience ten years ago that she can remember every detail as if it only happened yesterday.
The episode began pleasantly enough when her aunt bought her a quaint doll from an antique shop for her birthday, about ten inches tall with brown hair, a white frilled blouse and a patterned skirt. Proudly she displayed it on the desk in her bedroom; but a few days later a strange incident occurred:

I went to bed at night just as normal, but in the middle of the night I woke up with the feeling that something had disturbed me. My night light was on and I could see that there was nothing unusual. I noticed my doll sitting on the desk the other side of the room just where I had left it. I looked away for a moment then something caught my eye and I looked back. The doll was standing. Then she started walking along the top of the desk, turned round and walked back again. Backwards and forwards she went. I was really scared and hid under my blankets. I peeped out a few minutes later and she had gone. I thought she was probably on the floor but I wasn't going to stay and find out. I ran next door to my brother's room and shut both doors so that the doll couldn't come in. I spent the night in there, and I had to put up with a lot of teasing from my brother over the next few days. Everybody said I had had a bad dream, but I made sure that the doll was put in another bedroom.
About three months later we went on holiday and a family with three young boys came to look after the house for us. They weren't people that we knew, so we didn't tell them about the doll. Afterwards we heard that the two boys who slept in the room where the doll was kept had been complaining that it kept moving about during the night. When he heard this my dad threw the doll on the bonfire.

This is why your toys dont come alive in the night.

And come to think of it; isnt that a horrifying notion?

Happened upon this ebay listing for a couple of life-sized toddler dolls.
Nothing untoward, but if you look at all the photos, well, don't do that last thing before bed. :chuckle:

ebay doll listing

I'm considering buying a Newborn doll just to have fun making it little outfits.

Happened upon this ebay listing for a couple of life-sized toddler dolls.
Nothing untoward, but if you look at all the photos, well, don't do that last thing before bed. :chuckle:

ebay doll listing

I'm considering buying a Newborn doll just to have fun making it little outfits.
Wondering why those dolls are such... mouthbreathers.

Back