• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
This one is creepy!

CleanShot-2021-07-29-at-07.59.47@2x.jpg

In Canada, a little girl loves her baby ghoul doll.
From YouTube:

Last Halloween, my family went to Walmart and our 2 year old found this creepy baby doll and proceeded to nurture it and tote it around the store.
Come to checkout time I couldn't not buy it for her. She proceeded to take it everywhere, the park, to sleep, to eat, bathe with for weeks.
I documented for friends and family on my Instagram and they all had such a laugh. Fast forward almost a year later she still plays with it all the time, and I posted a video on TikTok and it absolutely exploded.
We are glad to share her story, as I think it shows that discrimination, hate, and prejudice are something we are not born with, but learn. I hope to teach my kids to be accepting of everyone for who they are and not their appearance, race etc.

https://boingboing.net/2021/07/29/toddler-loves-her-creepy-undead-baby-doll.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Some sweet dolls!

Watch this video to learn about the Creepy Doll Adoption Agency.

You can make a difference today and give a haunted or unsettling doll a brand new home. Many people out there find themselves unable to live with their possessed dolls and give them away to Sara and Brian, founders of "Unsettling Toy Removal and Rehoming". Sara and Brian have been "rehoming" these dolls for the past two years, and make it easy through their website: https://unsettlingtoys.com/. You can search through the unique dolls that are up for adoption, and also look through past adoptions on their site. Although I want to adopt an unsettling doll, I'm not so sure about a haunted one. I guess I'll just have to take my chances.

From Youtube:

"He's a bartender and she's a school psychologist, but, on the side, they help haunted or otherwise creepy toys find new homes. In this installment of SIDE HUSTLES, Sara and Brian take us behind the scenes of their business removing and rehoming creepy toys that are "with spirit" or just unsettling.

https://boingboing.net/2021/09/06/a...er-than-the-creepy-dolls-adoption-agency.html

Must admit I agree that the paper the message was written on looks a bit "fresh" considering it's been behind a wall for 60 years. Most likely a wind-up but you never know...

Teacher knocks through wall and finds 'something staring at him'​

Jonathan's friends have told him to get out and sell his home after spine-chilling find

A primary school teacher was told to "move out" after a terrifying discovery inside the walls of his house.
Jonathan Lewis picked up the keys to his new home on Friday but has already been told by his friends to put it back on the market after a sinister warning.
The 32-year-old knew there was a space under the stairs in his new Walton home so he took to the wall with a hammer and peered inside only to find two beady eyes staring back at him.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/new...ZbYOI0lkKZipt-0kvP2HowMqkfwe6VAcCR006lA8R_9eo

Just a sick joke done by someone who knew a new owner would have to knock a hole in the wall. It looks like a useful bit of storage space. Fit a door to it and burn the doll.
A really evil person would have a whole collection of identical dolls and every time the new owner got rid of one another one would appear :)

It's not a particularly scary looking doll
They're the worst kind, lull you into a false sense of security and then the cute little, non-scary doll gets a knife and before you know it you're wearing your intestines as a scarf.

They're the worst kind, lull you into a false sense of security and then the cute little, non-scary doll gets a knife and before you know it you're wearing your intestines as a scarf.
On 'Jack and Ozzy's world tour' Jack had a really creepy doll called 'Robert'which really freaked Ozzy out, he tried various times to destroy it, once even microwaving it.

PRC_169243109.jpg

My doll story is about doll that is over 100 hundred years old as my mother has been gone for a long time.

Sadly my mother’s sister died young and my mom put her sister’s three foot doll in a closet.

When my mom died, the family found this doll in the closet and everyone just freaked out and took this doll to the trash on the street.

My wife could not have this so she rescued this doll, but having this doll out in the room also kinda freaked my wife out.

So, this doll has been in our closet for someone to discover in the future.

We do not know any history of where this doll came from, or why such a big doll.

I recently came across this unspeakably eerie doll at Inveraray Castle, the photos don't really do it justice. The whole room was pretty thick with eeriness, even the portraits on the walls were weird and seemed to be watching me. The room is supposed to be the most haunted in the castle, and I can well believe it:

20210827_155631ed.jpg
20210827_155932ed.jpg

I recently came across this unspeakably eerie doll at Inveraray Castle, the photos don't really do it justice. The whole room was pretty thick with eeriness, even the portraits on the walls were weird and seemed to be watching me. The room is supposed to be the most haunted in the castle, and I can well believe it:

View attachment 45534View attachment 45535
That's a lovely art doll.
I get the urge to make those but am not artistic enough to render the faces nicely like that one.

That's a lovely art doll.
I get the urge to make those but am not artistic enough to render the faces nicely like that one.
Lovely, sat on a chair in bright sunshine, I'm sure. Personally, I wouldn't turn my back on it.

I wonder if the paranoia about children has rendered playthings like dolls sinister for some people, like a lightning rod for anxiety. Happened to clowns, it's happening to Santa Claus - look out, Transformers and My Little Pony!

Then my granddaughter when she was young had a possessed musical tea pot that would play music even when the button was off.

It would play all times of the day and night.

The father made sure the garbage people picked up this tea pot on trash day.

The most haunted doll in Britain... so far.

'Most haunted doll in Britain' caught rocking in chair inside empty room​

The doll, named Mary, is said to have given her previous owner car trouble when she tried to part with her

By
Emily Sleight
  • 07:54, 15 Oct 2021
  • UPDATED14:21, 15 Oct 2021
A ghost hunting team has shared what day-to-day life is like in the spooky profession - and why they look after a haunted doll.
It’s not just Halloween when G.H.O.S.T (ghost hunters of Stoke-on-Trent) deal with ghastly ghouls, it’s an all year round job.
The private paranormal investigators have always had a strong interest in ghosts after founder Craig believed he saw and felt the spirit of his grandfather.
Craig was only 10 at the time, and that’s when his intrigue with the afterlife really began.
He said: “When I was younger, myself and a couple of friends went to locations to try and experience things.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/most-haunted-doll-britain-caught-25214902

Don't come and look in our cabinet, where the head has fallen off one of my antique dolls and it now rests against the glass in the door, fortunately with the face towards the back. I don't even know how that happened; the doll next to it has a wobbly head but I thought the now-headless one was okay. Perhaps it didn't like it when the cabinet had to be moved once the flooring was replaced.

One of these days I will get it properly repaired, but it'd finding a decent antique restorer locally that's going to be the issue, methinks.

Strictly speaking, I suppose maybe these aren't dolls - but they aren't far off.

One was for sale outside a local bric-a-brac emporium - I think you force children to look at it when they've been naughty. The other was strung up outside the entrance to a craft centre café in the Peak District, presumably to frighten off wolves and marauding Mongol hordes - I can see no other purpose for such a thing (and it was nowhere near Halloween).

20160227_135623b.jpg

IMG_0210a.jpg

A Minnesota history museum is home to the creepiest doll of 2021:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...ance-crowned-creepiest-doll-of-2021-1.6227119
AARGH JESUS!! .. you could have warned us first Tabs!? ..

.. joking aside, I was reading a report yesterday about a UK ghost enthusiast couple who've bought (or had bought for them) an Anabelle doll. Not the real Raggedy Anne type of doll but that other type instead used in the horror film 'The Conjuring' so in other words, not an Annabelle at all but instead some film studio exec's idea of a scarier looking doll than the actual Annabelle doll. One of those. The couple, who by amazing coincidence run a horror business claim this conjuring style doll is also evil, has tipped over a table and got up to shenanigans regarding a Ouija board session ..

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/possessed-rag-doll-leaves-paranormal-22003944

Last edited:
This 2015 Paris Review article provides some additional details of Kokoschka's correspondence with the doll maker commissioned to create the Alma doll.
alma-doll.jpg
My Fair Lady

... The case of the famed Alma Mahler doll ... is a special one. While it was sort of a sex doll and sort of a mannequin—and as such, not really my area of study—it also had an unimpeachable toy pedigree: in 1918, after the great muse ended her relationship with the artist Oskar Kokoschka, he commissioned a life-size replica of his lost love from the doll-maker Hermine Moos.

Kokoschka took a strong hand in the doll’s design, sending sketches, measurements, and explicit instructions. Much of the correspondence still survives. ...
Samples of the correspondence are quoted in the remainder of the article.

FULL STORY: https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2015/02/17/my-fair-lady/

Last edited:
Kokoschka confessed to eventually beheading and "disposing of" his Alma doll. However, a 2018 exhibition of Kokoschka's artworks in Zurich included an Alma doll. The exhibition description isn't clear about whether this displayed artwork is the original Alma or some sort of re-creation.
imagen-1.aspx.jpeg
Kokoschka paintings, drawings, doll go on display at Swiss gallery

{Photo Caption:}
A view on the artwork 'Alma' by Austrian artist Oskar Kokoschka during a press preview of his exhibition at the Kunsthaus Zurich, Switzerland, Dec. 13, 2018. EPA-EFE/ENNIO LEANZA
FULL STORY: https://www.efe.com/efe/english/ent...-on-display-at-swiss-gallery/50000264-3841784

So he sent off that photo to the doll-maker and he got confused between the woman and the bear?

According to one of the accounts I read (and probably linked earlier) the doll maker Moos found the project disturbing, and at some point she covered the prototype in feathers as a sort of protest. I'm not sure at what point the prototype was covered in the fur-like material that was on the final implementation.

Kokoschka's specifications allegedly called for a smooth and pliant skin-like covering, and Moos resisted this approach.

As noted earlier (in one of the accounts) the correspondence between Moos and Kokoschka largely survived. I suspect the figure's outer covering was debated in their letters and details of the debate might be found there.

Back