Don't Drink The Water

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
The scare was originally sparked by a report by the French organisation the Association for the Control of Radioactivity in the West (ACRO), which published a report claiming that 6.4 million people in the Paris region as well as the Loire and Vienne areas were drinking tap water contaminated with tritium.

The report was based on health ministry data and had a map showing average tritium levels in tap water across the country. Although they are higher in the mentioned regions, the report insisted “no value exceeds the quality criterion (100 Bq/L) introduced by the authorities”.

However, the rumour spread on social media after a message, allegedly sent by a Paris “nurse and masseur” to her friends went viral on WhatsApp. In the message, the tritium had become a “titanium presence” and the sender’s friends were advised not to drink tap water.
SOURCE: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/22/paris-rumours-radioactive-tap-water-fake-news

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Good to know! Although, water is usually quite far down my list of drinking options....
Don't drink the beer made with that water!