Doorbell Ringer In Broken Restraints [Texas]

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
I'm trying to squeeze a Dead-Ringer For Love pun in here, but I feel it may be atrocious--not to mention inappropriate.

Let's just pretend I did and it was very slightly amusing.
Now you finally got the point.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
I think so.. could it be when she goes out clubbing with her friends, quite early on in the 1st film.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Just for the record ... That imagery isn't from any of her films. It's from a music video ('Dead Ringer for Love'; Meat Loaf and Cher; circa 1981).
Right. I'm clearly not up to scratch when it comes to Meatloaf videos. But is it Linda Hamilton? I need an answer & I can't be arsed to look it up.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
... But is it Linda Hamilton? I need an answer & I can't be arsed to look it up.
My vote is a fairly strong 'no'.

The resemblance is not consistent (across all camera angles), and the actor / dancer in the video has a narrower face. The resemblance is most suggestive with respect to Hamilton's later appearance, but much less with respect to Hamilton's appearance as illustrated in photos from her projects in the years bracketing the time of the video (1981).

Coal

My vote is a fairly strong 'no'.

The resemblance is not consistent (across all camera angles), and the actor / dancer in the video has a narrower face. The resemblance is most suggestive with respect to Hamilton's later appearance, but much less with respect to Hamilton's appearance as illustrated in photos from her projects in the years bracketing the time of the video (1981).
I forced myself to watch the video again (for science) and concur, it looks 'a bit like her' in a couple of shots, but isn't.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I forced myself to watch the video again (for science) and concur, it looks 'a bit like her' in a couple of shots, but isn't.
Oh well, at least we've still got The Terminator's Michael Biehn 'Kyle Reese' in Michael Jackson's Beat It video .. skip to 3:20 .. shamone ..

edit: Bollocks, I've just looked up info on this and there isn't any so it's almost certainly not Biehn either :( .. and I've spent decades thinking this one was true.

Last edited:

Coal

edit: Bollocks, I've just looked up info on this and there isn't any so it's almost certainly not Biehn either :( .. and I've spent decades thinking this one was true.
I've spent decades paying no attention at all to Michael Jackson, so nothing for me in that video then...

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Have I missed something here, or is the current problem whether Cher is actually Linda Hamilton or not? And where doe Michael Jackson fit in?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Have I missed something here, or is the current problem whether Cher is actually Linda Hamilton or not? And where doe Michael Jackson fit in?
Not Cher--the backing dancer/actress to her right in my screen capture at the top of this page.

Ringo

Sanitised for your protection
Wait, ...so Cher is Linda Hamilton's mother. And Michael Jackson is her father...

Well I never.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Wait, ...so Cher is Linda Hamilton's mother. And Michael Jackson is her father...

Well I never.
No, Whackson's blonde, blue-eyed offspring who is totally his daughter, honest, is Paris.

EnolaGaia

Staff member

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
The woman told detectives the restraints were like those typically used in "private intimate encounters," Spencer said. The woman told a detective that her boyfriend used them to tie her up. She broke free and went from one house to another, ringing doorbells in search of help, Spencer said. When no one answered she went back to the residence.
On Wednesday, her boyfriend was found dead, Spencer said.

Deputies responded to a home in Sunrise Ranch and met a woman who said she had received troubling messages from her ex-husband, Spencer said. Inside the home, they found a 49-year-old man dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/28/us/texas-mystery-woman-trnd/index.html

Was the boyfriend perhaps mortified by the very public exposure of his BDSM activities and committed suicide?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Sounds like it. Pretty sordid, anyway... wait for the inquest, I'd say.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
...Was the boyfriend perhaps mortified by the very public exposure of his BDSM activities and committed suicide?
There haven't been many factoids added to the storyline over the last 2 weeks, but that seems to be the case.

It's claimed the man (a Dennis Ray Collins):

- referenced the video / doorbell incident in his suicide note;
- alluded to the worldwide media attention the video had received; and
- claimed responsibility for the state the doorbell ringer had been in.

It's also now clear the police visit that discovered his body was motivated by a contact from Collins' ex-wife the Wednesday following the incident (August 29; 5 days afterward). The ex-wife told the authorities she recognized the woman as her ex's girlfriend and she'd received recent text messages from Collins indicating he might harm himself.

This timeline of events is apparently sufficient to relieve the authorities of any suspicion Collins may have died on the night at issue (August 24).

One subsequent news story states the restraint woman rang doorbells at only 2 neighborhood residences before returning to the house shared with Collins. The earliest accounts made it seem as if she'd rung many different homes' doorbells.

https://cw39.com/2018/08/31/montgom...-over-mystery-doorbell-ringer-in-viral-video/

https://www.theepochtimes.com/myste...r-help-defends-alleged-assailant_2639516.html

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
I don't believe the dead guy more like he was abuseing her and decided off himself because he got fond out didn't want face the consequences of his actions the coward.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I don't believe the dead guy more like he was abuseing her and decided off himself because he got fond out didn't want face the consequences of his actions the coward.
Well, you might be right, but you might be wrong.

I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt--being that we can't be sure and it did end rather badly for him.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Slightly more on the story

The woman, named only as Lauren, was interviewed on tv saying

she woke up to find her partner, Dennis Collins, "kneeling" over her in bed as he stuffed cloths in her mouth and duct-taped her "entire head". She was bound & raped.

Fearing for her life, the 32-year-old managed to escape after he stopped the attack and let her go to the kitchen to get a drink.

He turned his back and that's when she ran out the front door in a desperate bid to find help just after 3am on August 26.

The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office said Collins was previously convicted of attempted sexual assault against a girlfriend in 2000.

Prosecutors said Collins jumped on top of the woman and choked her while he was naked.

He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and five years of probation.

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
That was my gut feeling too. She has escaped from someone (a captor) or a situation (sex game gone wrong maybe) and needed help. I too hope she is safe and well. I can see this video appearing on YouTube soon as part of "The 10 Most Unexplained & Disturbing CCTV Movies".

I sometimes get caught up in a spiral of these type of vids and it's a morbid way to spend your time. They always leave me feeling so sad that someones last, desperate few minutes were caught on camera but no-one knew or could help.
You win one internet. The story made #2 on this list.