• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doppelgängers (IHTM)

I was despatched to do some shopping after working from home today.
By 17:30, it was still such a steaming hot day and our local Sainsburys is within 100 metres of the Wetherspoons, so I couldn't resist popping in for a pint (and was delighted to see they had Old Peculier on hand-pump).
Was enjoying my pint at a table, when a young lady (I'd say late 30s) came up to me and said "It's you isn't it?"
I had to confirm that it was.
"You're Becky's ex aren't you?"
This was the point where I had to let her down gently by saying I wasn't.
She was insistent though and said "Wow! You are absolutely his double."
What could I say to that?
I smiled. Got a nice flirty smile in return and a sort of half-hug, and then she left.
Quite a surreal experience!

Last edited:
I was despatched to do some shopping after working from home today.
By 17:30, it was still such a steaming hot day and our local Sainsburys is within 100 metres of the Wetherspoons, so I couldn't resist popping in for a pint (and was delighted to see they had Old Peculier on hand-pump).
Was enjoying my pint at a table, when a young lady (I'd say late 30s) came up to me and said "It's you isn't it?"
I had to confirm that it was.
"You're Becky's ex aren't you?"
This was the point where I had to let her down gently by saying I wasn't.
She was insistent though and said "Wow! You are absolutely his double."
What could I say to that?
I smiled. Got a nice flirty smile in return and a sort of half-hug, and then she left.
Quite a surreal experience!
...given the flirty smile and half-hug, is seems like she may had also had some fun with Becky's ex :bthumbup:

Back