Dorset. Interesting, paranormal, Fortean...

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Thank you all. I had a wonderful time. Quite fallen in love with the Jurassic Coast. Extraordinarily beautiful, enigmatic and powerful. A fine part of the country. Will be returning.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score

AnonyJ

Captainess Sensible
Reaction score
Having-a-nice-cup-of-tea-and-a-sit-down-shire
Thank you all. I had a wonderful time. Quite fallen in love with the Jurassic Coast. Extraordinarily beautiful, enigmatic and powerful. A fine part of the country. Will be returning.

Excellent! We only live an hour's drive away but it's our favourite place :)

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
^ I've never been there as an adult. My Mum was actually born in Bovinton army camp. Everywhere I went was stunning - Lulworth area, West Bay, Studland, Lyme Regis, Osmington...all amazing, and I thought I was jaded! Stunning landscapes and scenery.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
With strange synchronicity, The Archers featured a conversation on 'The Borset Apple Cake' this week.

With strange synchronicity I heard it whilst driving back yesterday! And kicked myself for seeing, but not having a slice of Dorset Apple Cake!

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was really chuffed to see a thread dedicated to my own home county of Dorset. I can't think of anything to add right now that's relevant and that hasn't been covered in other threads, but I'm born and raised in Dorset and grew up around the Dorset section of the New Forest and much of my supernatural and fortean experiences have happened in and around the county.

Last edited:

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was really chuffed to see a thread dedicated to my own home county of Dorset. I can't think anything to add right now that's relevant and that hasn't been covered in other threads, but I'm born and raised in Dorset and grew up around the Dorset section of the New Forest and much of my supernatural and fortean experiences have happened in and around the county.

Respect to you. It is a truly special place.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Dorset is a magical county. I've spent many a summer there and adore the place; the only English county that I love as much as Carmarthenshire/Wales. I always think of Dorset as a dark green county, with strangeness rippling through it. very much a county that has a corner of the eye feel to it, if you can catch my drift; something peculiar is happening, just slightly out of shot.

Yesterday, I made what may well be one of the most hopeless Dorset Apple Cakes. It looked great when it came out of the oven, but slicing soon showed the weakness within. Still, it tastes good, it just looks like an earthquake shook it to its core (haha!)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
If anyone fancies being a film extra, shooting starts next month on a period drama about Mary Anning in Dorset .. I think you have to register with the group on this add ..

afilmextra.jpg