• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dot-Squatch

lordmongrove said:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/strange-footage-ignites-sasquatch-speculation-215306192.html

Could be a really dumb person!

By now, probably a really dead person. :shock: Obviously, any thoughts about what it is are pure speculation, although it did look to me to be moving bipedally. But one thing that struck me is just how easily this object could be missed, even being a dark moving object on snow.

Camera guy keeps going on about how they are in the middle of nowhere, not thinking that they also are in the middle of nowhere so why would it not just be another hiker.

Another place I saw this a commenter makes a good point that it could have been a lost hiker heading off in the wrong direction, these guys could have saved them... :oops:

Probably a bear though.

I'm guessing that the reason the chap video'd it is because he was pretty certain it wasn't a bear. He says that he wishes 'we could see it better' implying that he had a better view than the one on the camera.

If it was just a bear i'm sure he would've known that.

I to am surprised that there hasn't been more interest in this film. I think it's quite interesting. Almost definitely bipedal so I don't think it's a bear. Would a bear walk upright for this length of time ? It would be nice to get some idea of scale as to how far the thing travelled in that space of time . Also a great shame that the camera was shaking about quite a bit but I'm sure it's quite windy at that height.

Stillill said:
Almost definitely bipedal so I don't think it's a bear.

I wouldn't say it was clear enough that we can say "Almost definitely bipedal". I would say it looks bipedal, but not almost definitely. It's too far away, and we can't be sure how the ground on which it's walking is orientated to the camera, so it's just a black shape really. Humans tend to see human forms in ill-defined moving shapes. That all adds up to it most likely being a bear, because bears exist, for sure. If it's a human, it's in a very odd place, and going up a slope it's hard to imagine a human in the wilderness would be heading for. But, hey, it's not impossible. It's still more likely to be a human than sasquatch, because, you know, humans exist, and are relatively common.

The lack of interest is due to the fact that everyone pretty much covered all the possibilities straight away. There was nothing more to be said. If it is sasquatch, it's not going to be proved to be on the strength of this film.

I did some research on this footage a while ago but lost the report when my laptop died.

It was filmed by a couple of climbers from Tricouni Peak near Squamish in BC looking down into the valley that leads south from the peak towards Third Lake and it's campground. The slope vs speed isn't impossible for a human and neither is the depth of snow. A blogger walked this path only 3 weeks before/after and he said the going was fine.

Edit: The blogger's name is Ridgewalker Pete.

Last edited:
My impression was that it was a bear.

Back