• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Download C.I.A. Declassified UFO Files

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
A boon, for anyone with even a slight interest in UFOs..

There ought to be some interesting reading in here...
For 1970s borne ufologists like myself, in our later years there simply isn't enough time to justify spending on this...

...and you are a very bad person.

:btime:

:rup::rup::rup::rup::rup:

:beer::popc::beer::popc::beer::popc:

:reading::reading::reading::reading::reading:

There ought to be some interesting reading...
Nothing of significance I can see - essentially paperwork where 'UFO' was used at some point and generally unrelated to a documented report received.

Interesting material though in other respects.

I am not a computer person, but I saw an internet comment that the material is not in a form that one could search, so this material would be hard to use.

Starting from 1980, that would be a lot of disorganized information.

I am not a computer person, but I saw an internet comment that the material is not in a form that one could search, so this material would be hard to use.

Starting from 1980, that would be a lot of disorganized information.
If you follow Lord Lucan's link (there's a tongue twister lol), it gives people access to two different types of downloads, one of which has been converted to .pdf version which it says is searchable.

If you select the following link, all documents are instantly downloaded as .pdf files and you can indeed search for the 'UFO' keyword, etc.

Most of them I have seen before, however, still browsing the newer ones for anything of interest!

CIA UFO Collection CD-ROM Contents – Searchable .pdf Conversions – [342MB] – This .zip file contains all of the above files

MailOnline claims from CIA papers there was an argument that Blue Book was supposed to be under the engineering department of the CIA, but Air Force won out.

Blue Book at first was not so much for U.S., but in 1952 the government wanted to know about all the UFO problems in Russia.

Russia was having a rash of UFO and USO problems, and Russia was talking about the problem.

This document is from the CIA files and was posted by karl12 over at alienexpanse:
He says:
"Here's an interesting one from back in the day - apparently the Assistant Director Office of Scientific Intelligence was confirming 'global monitoring and intercept orders for UFOs'. "
Battelle is mentioned in there too; they probably have studied UFO remains.
Memo To DCI (Walter Smith) From H Marshall Chadwell 9-11-1952.jpg

It goes well with the RAND document:
https://www.rand.org/pubs/drafts/DRU1571.html

"Sightings of unidentified foreign objects (UFOs) have been reported throughout the centuries—most of them given a religious interpretation. Since World War II, however, there seems to have been a drastic increase in the number of sightings. We have enough data—both visual and photographic—on some of these sightings to know that the phenomenon is unambiguously extraordinary and clearly inexplicable in modern terms. The author examines UFO brightness, size, and maneuvers, and discusses the frequency and location of sightings. He ends by suggesting the need for more standardized reporting on UFOs, so that times and locations of appearances may be anticipated and badly needed objective data may be obtained." :twothumbs:

Back