• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dozing D'ohs: Falling Asleep At Inopportune Times

It’s now day 11 after removal of the enormous “small” lump from my spine. What is fascinating to me (and a useful distraction) is that I’m not really sure what the difference is between waking and sleeping.

yesterday I thought i had pottered around on here in the afternoon but I can see no posts from me or anyone who i usually watch with anticipation. So did I actually dream about commenting on the board?

It’s now day 11 after removal of the enormous “small” lump from my spine. What is fascinating to me (and a useful distraction) is that I’m not really sure what the difference is between waking and sleeping.

yesterday I thought i had pottered around on here in the afternoon but I can see no posts from me or anyone who i usually watch with anticipation. So did I actually dream about commenting on the board?
I seem to recall you posting yesterday.
But my memory is not that good, so...

I was given a very useful technique for staying awake in boring meetings/presentations, etc.

Elbow on table, chin in palm of hand. Place little finger in the corner of the orbit of your eye. The nodding motion as you fall asleep pushes your finger into your eye and wakes you up.

In our place you needed hospital treatment and an eye patch after about a week.

Hope everything is OK now @Eyespy ?

Apart from your two today, you last posted at 10.29am on Sunday.

Good luck with your spinal rehab (4 x surgeries veteran here) enjoy the painkillers, laxatives and exercises while you can :)

Hoping you're feeling better. Take it easy. :bthumbup:

Back