• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dragons: Evidence They Existed

Do you feel that claims of Bigfoot sightings are also more likely to be paranormal manifestations rather than a flesh and blood animal?
It's complicated and i write extensively about it in my new book The Highest Strangeness (out soon). I think sasquatch makes sense as a real animal in evolutionary terms and from the fossil record. The vast majority of the reports sound like a flesh and blood creature. But there are those weird reports. In my book i look at bigfoot haunting houses like a ghost, appearing with and even piloting UFOs and appearing with other weird creatures. It seems like a mix of supernatural and natural. A bit like black dogs. There are real big black dogs and then there is Shuck.

It's complicated and i write extensively about it in my new book The Highest Strangeness (out soon). I think sasquatch makes sense as a real animal in evolutionary terms and from the fossil record. The vast majority of the reports sound like a flesh and blood creature. But there are those weird reports. In my book i look at bigfoot haunting houses like a ghost, appearing with and even piloting UFOs and appearing with other weird creatures. It seems like a mix of supernatural and natural. A bit like black dogs. There are real big black dogs and then there is Shuck.
Thanks for the reply - makes sense to me!

I'm just watching Ronald Hutton talking about Dragons. I find him fascinating anyway, and this is a great talk.

Back