• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dragons: Evidence They Existed

According to Wiki: "Kuehneosaurus latus. Measuring 72 centimetres long (2.3 feet)"

Other extant gliding creatures may well exceed that size though. This flying lemur, probably killed for bush-meat, was certainly an impressive specimen:

View attachment 4293

The colugo which despite being called a flying lemur is not closely related to true lemurs, is a small animal weighing about 2-4lbs. The one n the photo looks big because of forced perspective.

The Dragon. A beast of such power...

...that if you were to see it whole and complete in a single glance...

...it would burn you to cinders.

Where is it?

It is everywhere. It is everything. Its scales glisten in the bark of trees. Its roar is heard in the wind. And its forked tongue strikes like....

Like lightning.

Yes, that's it.

EXCALIBUR!

Early scientific work on dragons:
http://christianlatin.blogspot.com/2008/08/athanasius-kirchers-natural-history-of.html?m=1

Is there any evidence that dragons did exist as some kind of natural reptile (or maybe some other kind of) lifeform up til at least the Middle Ages?

Considering how many were called worms, I wonder if the easiest expination would be that python-style snakes used to be far more common all over the natural habitats of snakes in the world. Something that big and deadly would have provoked great fear in all who saw them. In the rural American South, most of the older people I know kill snakes on site, even tiny ones.

Or, maybe there were further hold-outs from the time of dinosaurs besides the few reptiles that survive today. Maybe they were offshoots between reptiles and birds, maybe helping to explain Quazecotal.

In any case, here is a little link about the subject, but does anybody have any opinions?

http://www.survive2012.com/dragons6.html

Damarkli, that's a fact. My grandfather had a farm and he got quite disturbed if anyone killed a blacksnake or a rat snake. But he was just as quick as anyone else to massacre any other snake. I worked on the state road when I was in college (during the summers) clearing the right of way. We killed 37 copperheads (quite poisonous) during one two month period. That didn't count the dozens of other snakes that the crews brutalized. The only safe snakes to those guys were the little garter and green snakes which they tended to play with much to the consternation of our supervisor.

What is the general thought about this Chinese dragon footage:

It looks cool! Can't tell if it's a digital effect, but as I can't think of anything else it might be, I'm assuming it is. Once again, any hope that it might be anything unknown to science is quashed by the footage not being something that couldn't easily be faked.

Well given that large flying 'draygons' in all likelihood don't exist or we would probably be aware of them, and those wings seem to have large gaps making them not very efficient in lifting a large body or gliding on thermals, I'd hazard a guess at cgi of some sort.

I'm prepared to be wrong though.

Well given that large flying 'draygons' in all likelihood don't exist or we would probably be aware of them...
Yeah, many of these videos have really poor pronunciation. I'm guessing that English isn't the narrator's first language.

Looks like fairly good CGI to me.

An interesting little film

He is quite wrong about people thinking dragons were smaller in past times. In western depictions of dragon slayings the dragon represent paganism and the saint represents the christianity forcing it out. Hence the dragon looked small. If you read the actual descriptions they were huge.

Very interesting but the faux-Oxbridge accent is quite distracting

upload_2017-10-18_0-37-45.png

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...reature/ar-AAtDccE?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartanntp

Norse dragons. The stories of lindorms fighting specially bred giant bulls is not uncommon in Nordic legends. The two creatures usually kill each other. It brings to mind the stories of the manotorra or bull killer in South America. Giant anacondas that constrict and devour bulls.

Back