• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dream Telepathy

gattino

Justified & Ancient
I'm always reporting what I perceive to be dream precognition, but what of potentially paranormal visions which can't be described as relating necessarily to the future but someone else's present or recent past?

This morning I woke and immediately texted a friend to report I'd dreamt of him (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning). I dreamt his nose was bleeding and that he was linking this to a pain in his leg. I was insistent, in the dream, that he go to the doctor even though he'd be waiting round for hours, as it could be a thrombosis/a blood clot.

Friend messages back. Says (completely unknown to me btw) he'd actually been for some blood tests on Monday , and yesterday was staring at the puncture marks on his arm thinking people would imagine he's been shooting up. Further because of an error one of the blood tests hadnt been done properly and they asked him yesterday to come back in to be redone..

Coincidence? Maybe. But it LOOKS connected to my dream..and if it were it clearly wasn't precognitive. My guess would be that I may have picked the dream imagery up directly from his own dreams last night. Dreams he will have forgotten but inspired by his real life medical encounter.

But of course we'll never know..

Thing is I once read the book recounting the famous series of experiments into dream esp in the Maimonides centre in New York. What's of interest is that dream TELEPATHY was the subject and primary confirmation of the experiments, and examples of "precognition" were an accidental and surprising to the participants subset of incidents. In other words "telepathy"...picking up stuff from the present mind of another person..was deemed to be the primary aspect of paranormal dreaming. Which has not been my experience..but then I haven't been looking for it.

If its true, how often might it be true? If I dream of X would it always be relevant to the current life..external or internal..of X, if we only bothered to check and find out quickly enough?

Well an opportunity to test the theory presented itself immediately when R, a friend in Australia, turned up in a dream last night. Oh boy......

The dream was set in an Arab country, my sense was Iraq, and Mosul was mentioned. It involved a funeral, which morphed into a wedding. Then I realised R was in the dream and noted though cheerfully talking about his age and birthday he was in a position I described as being like one would be chained up or handcuffed to a radiator. So I write to R first thing when I wake up to test the theory this stuff was coming from his mind. You're going to love this...

He reports he's going to a funeral tomorrow, a wedding on Saturday and...cough...last week was conversing with someone online who after some initial subterfuge claimed to be a "soldier" with isis, and "was interested in me as a new recruit to take me back to Syria with him so I can fight for ISIS. Perhaps he had plans to kill me too? I don't know cause I blocked him" I'm aware how preposterous that sounds (I'll explain that R, being italian, is mediterranean complexioned and has a beard), but even if the other bloke was just a fantasist, it doesn't matter..the point is the imagery to explain the dream was floating round in R's unconscious mind.

Two for two.

Another one. Last night another friend, one I'd not spoken to in many months, appeared in the dream. He was all dressed up for a job interview.

I messaged him today to ask if by any chance he had a job interview lined up (ie indicating it was something currently present in his mind). He's just replied..he does, on the 24th of this month. When did you get it, I ask. Two days ago.

As with the other incidents above none of this information was visible to me on social media or by any other means.

You are tuned in. :)

And now we come up against one of the many hurdles in this thing..how to distinguish between imagery taken from someone else's mind and imagery taken from my own future experience of hearing about it?

Last night a dream in which appeared a friend currently holidaying in Japan. I write to tell him the dream to see if it matches events already going on with him...he replies not really "but" and attaches two photos of things he saw yesterday. They have a vague association with the dream material, I thought, but it was stretching and I don't want to do that, so will put it down as a miss...

Then I wrote out an exact transcript of the dream recording and looked at his photos again.......(the parts in brackets are my commentary)

""I'm with.. I'm in like a courtyard, like an enclosed outdoors..with some other friend, could be A, don't know , and..there's..small gathering of people and I'm standing separately, apart, I'm not comfortable mixing. And there's..there's M wearing a short grey overcoat.. and I make conversation with him ask "how was your trip to japan" and..there's somethng he's been consuming, I ask him to get me one....and he goes over (in the dream its like a bar or shop counter) and instead he gets me sweets, a drumstick (a type of of brightly coloured chewy lollipop. I don't mention it on the tape but this was followed by one of those rock hard similarly coloured lollies called Swizzles)and I say thank you that'll do.."'m saying tell A about your (M's) trip..he's just been to Japan, what was it like?" And he says "oh they're all like kids and so many people being separated by cameras..electronic surveillance, cameras on everything"..um..there's a bride, is she skeletal, something horrible or camp about her, wandering around in a bride's outfit in this bar (the courtyard). odd."

Keeping those words in mind peruse the two photos M sent me. (The first depicts food stuffs made of plastic btw)
15085559_10155423896013572_3177448534287963638_n.jpg

15027605_10155423896078572_6990345490837881522_n.jpg

For the first pic here's a comparitive image of the type of lollipop in the dream https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/36/cb/db/36cbdb50076fc10868f213fd6d582da9.jpg

The person in the grey coat is not M by the way nor is it the style of coat in the dream. But there we have a grey coat standing apart from a small group of people in a semi enclosed courtyard while an unusual looking bride (?) passes by.

If like me you see a sufficient similarity to the dream imagery to call this a hit, here's the headf***: it appears to not be "telepathy" in this instance but rather forseeing my own experience of seeing that photo. But I only saw that photo because I had and reported the dream. Quite.

If like me you see a sufficient similarity to the dream imagery to call this a hit, here's the headf***: it appears to not be "telepathy" in this instance but rather forseeing my own experience of seeing that photo. But I only saw that photo because I had and reported the dream. Quite.

I suspect that this type of process is what creates much of our reality. o_O

You seem very dialed in and I think with more practice and focus you could really strengthen this. With practice you would probably be able to distinguish what is prophetic and what is just dream-clutter. I'm not really into psychic mediums but I've had a few moments of foretelling in my life and I think you might have something going on there. Not that I'm any expert, btw. I make no Madame Fortuna claims.

I contribute..when I can be arsed ..to a facebook group on precognitive dreams, and its interesting how different people there interpret it..there are those who clearly think they're messages/a gift from God (why the almighty would wish you to know in advance you're going to see a pink ice cream van on the road, or whatever, isn't entirely obvious), and those who talk about "PDs" as if they are a special magical kind of dream surrounded by neon signs that make them stand out, and those who fancy themselves contributing to science and dismissive of all the "airy fairy" stuff but nonetheless talk in the language of special dreams by special people.

I only have myself by which to judge these things, but they all sound equally off to me.

My conviction is that there is nothing remotely special about either the dreams nor me for having them. It's merely a case of noticing and fixating on something that everyone is experiencing all the time but not noticing or pursuing when they do.

That's to say I hold that there are no precognitive (or telepathic) dreams, per se.. there are just dreams. Ordinary dreams experienced by every ordinary person. But that ordinary dreams are partly constructed from material and imagery encountered in ones own future and - potentially, based on the experiences above - from the minds of other people we're connected to. And that most of us simply don't notice the fact.

I can't begin to suggest a how behind this "fact", but I would surmise it suggests some kind of genuine shared consciousness we access in certain states of mind such as dreaming and day dreaming..and perhaps for others meditating and so on.

Another - possible - example of a telepathic dream. But this time with a plausible..though interesting..mundane explanation.

Unrelated to the main plot of the dream my elderly aunts and uncles all came past, as if returning from a service or function, at least one of them using a cane..and one of my brothers was walking alongside them also had a cane. I woke and messaged him to ask if by chance he'd hurt his leg or foot...he replies not enough to use a stick, but he was having problems with circulation in his legs and had cracked his knee the other day so that it hurts when he walks. A sure fire hit...except..a note of caution.

A couple of nights ago my sister on the phone said she was coming down with something but also mentioned said brother in a related context.. I assumed that he too was feeling flu-ey, but as I can't remember exactly and was paying little heed I have to consider it possible she may have in fact referred to hurting his leg, and that this information bypassed my conscious attention and recall and went straight into my unconscious memory banks. I don't know if that happened, but for the moment its a possibility.

Gattino, just out of interest are you recording just that which you recall or have you embarked on recording your dreams on waking, to encourage the full narrative out?

According to the "Teachings of Seth" our waking reality is nothing more than the reinactment of dreams that you don't remember. The dreams you remember are the clutter of dreams that are there to confuse you. So, in theory, if a person did not dream, He would die because your dreams create your life. For example, Deja Vu, where would one remember going through the same scenario that you are currently living.If I remembered writing these words before on my iPad, just as I am doing now. It can't be reincarnation because a past historical life would not have technology. Or would it? To master the dreaming landscape is the goal. To somehow know that you are asleep and dreaming while you are in the dream itself, great work.

Just to update my last posting.. I've checked and hte brother says that no, he hadn't mentioned it to our sister (he told her about his daughter not feeling well), as his leg didn't start hurting till yesterday.

So it is, after all, another hit.

Gattino, just out of interest are you recording just that which you recall or have you embarked on recording your dreams on waking, to encourage the full narrative out?

I'm separating, with this thread, apparent "telepathic" dreams from apparent "precognitive" ones which I've reported on for several years.

The "Telepathic" element is a new discovery. The precogs, if I can call them that, have involved me from time to time going through phases of actively recording my dreams on to digital recorder each time I wake through the night. It was initially by listening to these back after a short delay that I discovered apparent references to events that happened AFTER the dream. I've taken an interest in actively doing this intermittently several times a year, but have not been in the habit lately. The longest continuous effort to record and transcribe every dream lasted two weeks and revealed that precog details appeared far more often than I would otherwise ever have imagined. Essentially every night.

These - for the purpose of speculation - separate "telepathic" elements (by which I mean they hint at the idea I'm picking up info from the minds of people I'm connected to who appear in the dream,rather than glimpses of my own future experiences) have been essentially the last dream of hte night/morning and so are remembered on waking, and as I say have involved the participation of individuals I know. It was only by chance discovery - telling the friend who I dreamt was bleeding - that I found something may be going on. The subsequent two reports were a direct result of this experience.. I reported to other people I dreamt of before waking during that week what they were doing in the dream and asked if it matched events. As reported here both of them said yes.

I did however tell other people about their appearance in subsequent dreams and got no matches (it relies on them recognising the match of course, so its hard to be sure) and so haven't actively thought about it for the last couple of months, until this morning's dream. The impetus to tell my brother I'd dreamt of him walking on a cane is that the scene was really an interruption to the main plot in which it had little part to play. I did on this occassion record the whole dream story but it didn't involve my brother, or indeed anyone else I could contact. It was a celebrity laden affair.

Just to update my last posting.. I've checked and hte brother says that no, he hadn't mentioned it to our sister (he told her about his daughter not feeling well), as his leg didn't start hurting till yesterday.

So it is, after all, another hit.

I'm separating, with this thread, apparent "telepathic" dreams from apparent "precognitive" ones which I've reported on for several years.

The "Telepathic" element is a new discovery. The precogs, if I can call them that, have involved me from time to time going through phases of actively recording my dreams on to digital recorder each time I wake through the night. It was initially by listening to these back after a short delay that I discovered apparent references to events that happened AFTER the dream. I've taken an interest in actively doing this intermittently several times a year, but have not been in the habit lately. The longest continuous effort to record and transcribe every dream lasted two weeks and revealed that precog details appeared far more often than I would otherwise ever have imagined. Essentially every night.

These - for the purpose of speculation - separate "telepathic" elements (by which I mean they hint at the idea I'm picking up info from the minds of people I'm connected to who appear in the dream,rather than glimpses of my own future experiences) have been essentially the last dream of hte night/morning and so are remembered on waking, and as I say have involved the participation of individuals I know. It was only by chance discovery - telling the friend who I dreamt was bleeding - that I found something may be going on. The subsequent two reports were a direct result of this experience.. I reported to other people I dreamt of before waking during that week what they were doing in the dream and asked if it matched events. As reported here both of them said yes.

I did however tell other people about their appearance in subsequent dreams and got no matches (it relies on them recognising the match of course, so its hard to be sure) and so haven't actively thought about it for the last couple of months, until this morning's dream. The impetus to tell my brother I'd dreamt of him walking on a cane is that the scene was really an interruption to the main plot in which it had little part to play. I did on this occassion record the whole dream story but it didn't involve my brother, or indeed anyone else I could contact. It was a celebrity laden affair.

OK, I wondered about your methodology. I spent a period in 1987 recording my dreams to the point where it was taking me an hour every morning to transcribe them. It interested me that dream fragments that appear surreal in their segue form one to another, gradually vanish as you recall more and more of a dream, until dreams formed a continuous and sensible (if not realistic) narrative when fully expounded. In fact I gave it up after a month of fully documenting as it seemed to me that I had learnt everything I might want to know about my own self, but I'd not noted anything which was (say) precognition, although I never looked for it. Might dig those papers out and see what is in them.

A further post script ..someone asked me if it was the same leg affected in real life as it was in the dream. I'd not thought to ask (or perhaps I didn't want to risk a no answer which might undermine it). So I asked the brother if it was the left leg as in the dream...he confirmed it was.

In fact I gave it up after a month of fully documenting as it seemed to me that I had learnt everything I might want to know about my own self, but I'd not noted anything which was (say) precognition, although I never looked for it.

Yes, that's why I stopped doing it so religiously after two weeks.. I too decided I'd learnt as much as I could. The exact method during that experiment was that, as I say, I retrieved the small recorder from under my pillow each time I stirred during the night, to record the dreams while they were still in mymind. Trying not to open my eyes too much helped. Often after I completed a recording and tried to roll over back to sleep I'd have a sudden memory of a whole section of dream I'd omitted and retrieve the recorder to report these addenda. After a few days I would say it averaged 4-5 distinct dream scenes in the course of a night..teh second and final ones seeming to be the longest, the initial one often just a few lines.

I would then semi-transcribe each dream in the morning on the computer..by typing each sentence, or its essence, that I'd verbally uttered onto the tape, emphasising or underlining all the key nouns, names or phrases. I would then change the text of any passage which was identifiably triggered by events BEFORE the dream (eg something I'd seen on tv the night before) to blue. And words or sentences I subsequently saw as describing things that happened after the dream I would change to red. Each day when I wrote down the next set of recordings my eyes would inevitably scan the previous ones, and in that way I was becoming constantly familiar with the last several days worth of dreams...because of which their correspondence to subsequent real life events leapt right out in ways they never would have done otherwise.

The biggest surprise of all this as I say was the discovery of the sheer frequency with which ordinary dreams referenced real future events. I don't think there was a single day when something at some point in the night didn't do so. I concluded that more than 80% of dream imagery had no *obvious* trigger or inspiration in the real world but of those images that did they were split 50-50 between past and future events as the source of the imagery..if anything they leaned slightly in favour of the future as the catalyst.

Last edited:
A further post script ..someone asked me if it was the same leg affected in real life as it was in the dream. I'd not thought to ask (or perhaps I didn't want to risk a no answer which might undermine it). So I asked the brother if it was the left leg as in the dream...he confirmed it was.

Yes, that's why I stopped doing it so religiously after two weeks.. I too decided I'd learnt as much as I could. The exact method during that experiment was that, as I say, I retrieved the small recorder from under my pillow each time I stirred during the night, to record the dreams while they were still in mymind. Trying not to open my eyes too much helped. Often after I completed a recording and tried to roll over back to sleep I'd have a sudden memory of a whole section of dream I'd omitted and retrieve the recorder to report these addenda. After a few days I would say it averaged 4-5 distinct dream scenes in the course of a night..teh second and final ones seeming to be the longest, the initial one often just a few lines.

I would then semi-transcribe each dream in the morning on the computer..by typing each sentence, or its essence, that I'd verbally uttered onto the tape, emphasising (by changing the colour from the surrounding text) or underlining all the key nouns, names or phrases. Each day when I wrote down the next set of recordings my eyes would inevitably scan the previous ones, and in that way I was becoming constantly familiar with the last several days worth of dreams...because of which their correspondence to subsequent real life events leapt right out in ways they never would have done otherwise. The biggest surprise of all this as I say was the discovery of the sheer frequency with which ordinary dreams referenced real future events. I don't think there was a single day when something at some point in the night didn't do so.

Now you say that, the only dreams I probably noted were the ones from the last sleep cycle, typically 90 minutes or so with shorter periods of dream sleep. So for a typical night, I was probably not recording three sleep cycles' worth of dreams. You use of a recorder might have been more useful in that respect, although, I've often felt that waking with an ongoing dream and then say going to the loo while holding that image in one's mind, 'allowed' the dream to carry onto the next sleep cycle.

Doctors and physios recommend using a walking stick on the opposite side to the injured leg. So, right leg bad, hold the stick in the left hand. Did you ask if a medical professional had given him instructions into stick use?

Ha....he doesn't need a stick in real life. Only in the dream.

Been a while, but here's another. A friend (the one who had been in japan in the earlier accounts in fact) unexpectedly (to me) checked in on facebook this morning from Thailand. I had no idea. But I recalled I'd dreamt of him last night in a foreign setting so messaged him...

upload_2017-4-17_11-14-34.png

Ok, the strongest most direct hit yet in terms of "telepathy" as opposed to precognition.

Last night a particular long distance, mostly online, friend appeared in my dream. The reasoh he did is doubtless because I thought about/mentioned him yesterday as he appeared on social media to be in Buenos Aires.

So he pops up in my dream and this morning I message hm to tell him so:

" I dreamt of you being interviewed on television. Your face on a tv screen anyway. Regional maybe. You walked away with a some people who you towered over. "

I received this reply this afternoon: "I had a dream that I was interviewed on TV last night too. How bizzare."

The implication would appear - to me - to be that I did indisputably pick up imagery from HIS dreaming mind to shape my own dream (Were we sleeping at the same time given the time zones? Probably..Buenos Aires is just 4 hours behind the UK) If this is what happened then it may explain why not all the dreams I report to friends about them match their conscious experiences..perhaps in those cases I'm picking up from their later forgotten dreams.....

I think that our everyday lives are reinactments of dreams that we have every night but don't remember in the morning. Deja-vu is probably us remembering those dreams. The dreams that we do remember are what I call the garbage of dreams because they don't make sense in an ordinary frame of reference but can be interpreted by some adepts. For example, I used to dream that I lived in a big white mansion and one day my mother put me out into the backyard for fighting with the other kids. There were dogs in the backyard who later turned out to be the police . You see in this particular dream, regular people looked like talking animals when you watched them through the windows of the house. The longer you stayed outside however, you began to see them as humans who just appeared to be animals when viewing them from inside the house Fastforward to a real life experience where I was arrested by two policemen for fighting. After they handcuffed me, one of them hit me in the back of my head with the butt of a rifle. The blow stunned me but didn't hurt. He turned to the other officer and said, "We can't hurt him, he's in the house" They immediately took me downtown to the city jail but on the way down one of them said something to the effect of "Why are you fighting us, we're on your side?" I just looked at them with a confused expression. "He doesn't know" the other officer stated" and they took me downtown

Just wanted to say thanks as always for the dream work Gattino. You are - as always - so very thorough, as well as being a great correspondent. Your accounts here (and elsewhere on the board) are a real resource.

Gattino I think that the odd's are in your favor.

Not added any examples to this thread in a long while. I'll speculate on reasons for that later. But here's a new experience of hypothetical dream to dream contact.

Last night i had a dream that involved a friend called S. He's not someone I have regular contact with these days so his appearance in a dream is unexpected enough to make me report it to him online upon waking. I recounted the dream summary to him as so...

"Relatives and I were curious how you were doing in a job interview. It was taking place in Ludlow. Steel gates/doors were featured and the suggestion is customs or airport security had something to do with it. "

He replied: "Well I will be leaving flying soon... Hopefully start a new job on the trains in February .
That is kinda spooky though
Senior Customer Host on the (name of trainline)"

Intriguing...once again i dream of someone applying for a new job and when i message them its a current reality. For the record i knew his current occupation with the airlines but had no knowledge, nor reason to know or believe, of any change in career.

So i seek to establish did i pick that information up from his ongoing thoughts..ie "And was any part of this move ..such as the application or the decision or anything .. something that took place or was actively on your mind in the last ( or next) few days? "

He says he's been on hold for 3 months and that they emailed him the job offer on thursday, had his medical on friday. I repeat none of this was knowledge accessible to me.

So should i count it as a hit? An example of dream telepathy? Well after our conversation i read it back and only then noticed typical dream word play in addition to the key fact about a job interview. "suggestive of customs" to me has a correlation (though not one id hold up as strong evidence) with the real life job title "customer host".

What of Ludlow? The place means nothing to me, and i haven't a clue where it is on the map. But it transpires it does mean something to S. Apparently his mum lives near to it and her new bf works there. And in that is a potentially supportive clue to the validity of one of my previous hypotheses...that iif dream telepathy exists it may be a case of two people dreaming at the same moment, and the material from one persons dreams leak into the plot of the other person's. This would explain why its not always the case that the person dreamt about can identify a match in their lives with the dreamers account. Because perhaps the material picked up was from a now forgotten dream of their own.

Back