Dreaming About Going To The Toilet And—Aaargh!

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Non cheese related dream I had last night which reminded me of a thing I fear: the dream where you want to go to the loo and then encounter a loo which you then go in only to find... you just peed the bed!

Thankfully this has never actually happened since I was like about 7, however it still weirds me out when I have a toilet dream like this, because the way that you're immersed in a dream sort of makes you wonder if you could really stop yourself if you want to go and find the potty.

Last night's dream was particularly treacherous! The only bit I remember was where I was a young Bruce Wayne (too much Gotham) and there was some sort of weird elevator system in my mansion where the toilet cubicle was an elevator though oddly it had no actual pot in it. After various ups and downs in the elevators I ended up in this bed very similar to my actual bed, bursting for a pee, and then found the bed had a flap in the middle that lifted up to reveal the pot.

I woke up before the dreadful dead occurred. :lol:

Does anyone else have toilet dreams? And fear peeing the bed?

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Not really, but my "full bladder" dreams usually end in a light nightmare that wakes me up. (Can't remember any examples rightnow.)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I think we've had a discussion like this on another thread.
I have dreams like this from time to time, and usually every loo in my dream has something wrong with it - broken, in a really shitty, unhygienic/grubby room, lots of people milling about etc. Always something to stop me using it.
Then I realise that (duh!) it's a dream and I have to wake up and do the business in the real world.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
After my work's drunken fiasco of a xmas party on Saturday there have been delighted discussions today about the pee-ridden aftermath.

Just about everyone* wet their pants, bed, taxi seat or neighbour's lawn. :D

*Except me. I was driving. :(

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
It doesn't sound like you missed out on much there 'scarg.

Even less if you're the one that would have to have got a new mattress. :lol:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Oh I dunno, the drinking culture here is deeply ingrained. The consensus is that if you don't wet at least your pants then you haven't had a good night out.

One silly mare came into work with a black and blue face, having fallen down the toilet while vomiting into it. This was after wetting the bed while sitting on it and then being undressed by her partner.

He went off to get a fresh sheet and she headed off again, this time on all fours, her naked crawl to the bathroom leaving a trail of wee.

Champagne, white wine and that Jaeger-bomb stuff. Next time she might throw in a bottle of carpet cleaner and a precautionary rubber sheet. :lol:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
One of the stranger drunken events I've witnessed was an unconscious woman waking from the floor, marching automatically over to the kitchen sink (not hers), hopping up in a weirdly smooth movement and urinating into it - oblivious to a room full of spectators.

One minute later she was asleep on the floor again.

It was the automatic quality of the whole thing that seemed incongrous; almost as if she came there and did the same thing every night.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
If people get that drunk, it's gone too far.
I gave up drinking to the point where I was unconscious-drunk when I woke one morning and didn't remember how I'd got back from the pub.
It worried me...and of course, I had to clean up the bedroom - which had sick all over the place. Never again!

Ronnor

Devoted Cultist
This post is going to contain too much information but hey....

One night when I was drunk as a student I dreamed that I desperately needed to *ahem* do a poo, eventually finding a dreamland toilet and squeezing out an enormous one, the feeling of relief afterward being remarkable in its intensity. Then I woke up. It was a tense few moments before I was able to establish that I didn't actually need the toilet and had only gone bobos in the dream rather than in my pyjamas.

However, I used to regularly get saucy wet dreams all through my teenage years. The first time it happened - when I was about 12 - I was left fairly baffled by the whole thing, never having been warned by anyone that this was part of growing up. I always used to wake up just at the very last second before coming and disliked the strange mix of pleasure and shame that followed. I haven't had one for many years (bet it happens tonight now I've posted this :shock: )

Loquaciousness

The misuse of the word "fact" annoys me
I dream about needing the loo on a regular basis - but it is always linked with a search for said toilet. I tend to be in a public place with lots of toilet cubicles, but the toilets are either occupied, too dirty, the door is too low so people can look over the top, etc. . .....

See this sort of revelation is why I don't get close to people any more. Where's the holding one's nose smiley??

Novena

Offanonagin
I dream about needing the loo on a regular basis - but it is always linked with a search for said toilet. I tend to be in a public place with lots of toilet cubicles, but the toilets are either occupied, too dirty, the door is too low so people can look over the top, etc. . .....
This is exactly the dream I have from time to time. In mine, the only available toilet is always in some really weird place (once behind a rusty old metal door in a concrete wall on a building site) and has some means by which people could see in, like glass walls or a flap that can be lifted up. I'm relieved (ha ha) to know it's not so unusual to have these dreams.

On a side note, I once went to the loo in a cafe in Prague, and was somewhat disturbed to discover that the door to the cubicle was completely transparent glass with a full on view of the toilet within. I discovered that there was a mechanism whereby, when you turned the latch to lock the cubicle door, the glass turned opaque. It was unnerving but quite cool nevertheless. :cool:

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
The Limelight club in NY used to have toilet doors siimilar to that, may still have, iirc they were two way mirrors so they were a mirror from the outside but you could see out from the inside.

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
I often have dreams about needing the loo, and invariably I wake just as I begin using it in the dream. I think, 'It was lucky i woke up before actually peeing the bed,' then realise the whole thing was my body's way of penetrating the dream world and telling me to go to the loo. Amazingly (considering how astoundingly drunk I've frequently been) I've never had that thing of peeing in daft places after drinking. I've always found the loo. I've had friends who have peed the bed, or on the floor in their parent's room, in a wardrobe, in their pants. I used to pee the bed when I were a nipper, though.

gellatly68

Deity upon a velocipede
A university friend of mine, after a night of intense studying the bottoms of pint glasses and the underside of bar tables, awoke to discover that his trousers were somehow glued to his legs. Further investigation revealed that he had puke on the inside of his kecks. :eek:
He finally deduced that in his pixillated state, he'd gone to the toilet to lay a beer cable, thrown up mid-operation into his jeans, then pulled them back up! :D

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
I don't get woken up by needing the loo, and I don't do it in the bed (as yet).

I do however, get woken-up by my alarm and realise I've got an incredible backache, which disappears after the morning pee. I'll probably get a burst bladder one day.

I once managed to take off my jeans over my boots, when I woke up in the morning (still drunk) the heels sent me slightly off balance. I fell down the stairs..broke my wrist! Don't drink so much now.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
I don't get woken up by needing the loo, and I don't do it in the bed (as yet).

I do however, get woken-up by my alarm and realise I've got an incredible backache, which disappears after the morning pee. I'll probably get a burst bladder one day.
You want to watch out for that, Carlos.
That's a sign that urine has backed up all the way into your kidneys.
It's happened to me when I've had a lot to drink the night before. Usually I wake up now I'm an old blighter, so it doesn't happen so much these days.

It probably won't kill you, but if urine hangs about too long in the kidneys, you can get kidney stones or uraemia.

frankiefelix

Junior Acolyte
Oh I dunno, the drinking culture here is deeply ingrained. The consensus is that if you don't wet at least your pants then you haven't had a good night out.

One silly mare came into work with a black and blue face, having fallen down the toilet while vomiting into it. This was after wetting the bed while sitting on it and then being undressed by her partner.

He went off to get a fresh sheet and she headed off again, this time on all fours, her naked crawl to the bathroom leaving a trail of wee.

Champagne, white wine and that Jaeger-bomb stuff. Next time she might throw in a bottle of carpet cleaner and a precautionary rubber sheet. :lol:
Just to let you know, I am literally crying with laughter at this. Such a sophisticated set, your colleagues.

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Funnily, I can't remember ever dreaming I was going to poop myself either.

The last time I shit myself was when I had the runs, and thankfully I'd fallen asleep in my clothes, otherwise I'd have needed a new mattress... seriously I tried giving those trousers a good soak but they were too far gone.

There was the time I pooped myself in the street for no particular reason, which was a few years ago now. Later I wrote a song about it.

McAvennie

Justified & Ancient
When I've been out on the drink for a heavy session I have experienced this, luckily I always have the dream where I get there but just can't go and then wake up.

It is amazing how your mind seems to know not to go and wakes you up, yet your body physically clearly wants to.