• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreaming About Going To The Toilet And—Aaargh!

I worked with a buddy years ago who had a habit of pissing in the wardrobes of any hotel we were staying in after going to bed following a few pints. Always in his sleep. We got kicked out of numerous hotels the length and breadth of the country

l use the bog where the light comes on automatically; or, as some people call it, the “fridge”.

maximus otter

I had to admire the ingenuity of my subconscious the night before last: I was dreaming that I was desperate for the loo, but as I made my way down the corridor of the dream building, I could feel the oppressive, uncanny atmosphere rising, just like the hackles on my neck. As any good Fortean (but poor Call of Cthulthu player) would, I powered through it, and into the bathroom. But instead of the filthy facilities that are usually presented, by way of hinting that you're not physically in an appropriate location, this time I was faced by a spectral figure clad in a red robe, rising out of the bathtub and pointing an accusing arm. It did the trick, and woke me up before any accidents could happen.

Yes its Monday and we are talking about toiletry habits again :) I had taken it as Gospel that if you had a wee in your dreams you'd wet the bed. I have had numerous dreams where I am trying to wee but can't find anywhere to go or keep getting interrupted and then wake up absolutely busting for a slash.
Believe it or not, this ties in to the phenomenon of sleep paralysis. When we find ourselves dreaming and needing to pee, the sensation invariably carries into the dream, but we are paralysed by sleep, as our adrenaline system has not yet rebooted our consciousness fully. Most of us master bladder retention within the first decade of our lives, and this, it seems, becomes an instinct that carries even into our dreams for reasons that are not entirely apparent. I myself have had dreams in which I have actually had a pee in the dream, and woken up to find I haven't peed IRL but badly need to. I would love to know how this works within neurology.

dream that comes true.jpg

I worked with a buddy years ago who had a habit of pissing in the wardrobes of any hotel we were staying in after going to bed following a few pints. Always in his sleep. We got kicked out of numerous hotels the length and breadth of the country
One of my neighbours apparently did this in his son's wardrobe, and my step-father once came into my bedroom during the night and pissed out of my window.

Oddly enough, both of these men are complete arseholes, apparently so even in sleep.

I was waiting in the checkout queue in Tescos and "thought" i was going to fart....;)

Ah now, that might not be funny. Someone I know was out with her dog one day and felt what she thought was a wet fart.
After rushing home to examine the damage she found that the stain was actually blood. She wisely rang the doctor right away and was soon diagnosed with bowel cancer.

The cancer was treated and she recovered fully. All thanks to the shart, which was the only sign she had.

My squaddie son did that once at my house. Drink had been taken.

My brother urinated in the dog basket once while drunk, then tried to blame me. The dog wasn't in it at the time though so it could have been worse.

I vividly remember having a dream at the age of about eight or so, which consisted solely of a plan view of a small town, drawn in a comic strip kind of way, which had a symbol on it representing me on a moped that was moving around the roads on the map. I was viewing from above but the symbol was definitely me. I was conscious that I was doing something to keep the moped moving, and it gradually became more of an effort as I tried to keep it going and the moped began to slow until it finally came to a somewhat juddering halt. At that point I woke up and realised that what had been fuelling my moped was my wetting the bed. I recall feeling not at all ashamed about it and just thinking how amazing a dream it'd been.

Back