• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreaming About Going To The Toilet And—Aaargh!

I don't get woken up by needing the loo, and I don't do it in the bed (as yet).

I do however, get woken-up by my alarm and realise I've got an incredible backache, which disappears after the morning pee. I'll probably get a burst bladder one day.

I don't get woken up by needing the loo, and I don't do it in the bed (as yet).

I do however, get woken-up by my alarm and realise I've got an incredible backache, which disappears after the morning pee. I'll probably get a burst bladder one day.

You want to watch out for that, Carlos.
That's a sign that urine has backed up all the way into your kidneys.
It's happened to me when I've had a lot to drink the night before. Usually I wake up now I'm an old blighter, so it doesn't happen so much these days.

It probably won't kill you, but if urine hangs about too long in the kidneys, you can get kidney stones or uraemia.

Funnily, I can't remember ever dreaming I was going to poop myself either.

The last time I shit myself was when I had the runs, and thankfully I'd fallen asleep in my clothes, otherwise I'd have needed a new mattress... seriously I tried giving those trousers a good soak but they were too far gone.

There was the time I pooped myself in the street for no particular reason, which was a few years ago now. Later I wrote a song about it.

I felt quite soiled after watching that. Haven't you heard of bleach?

When I've been out on the drink for a heavy session I have experienced this, luckily I always have the dream where I get there but just can't go and then wake up.

It is amazing how your mind seems to know not to go and wakes you up, yet your body physically clearly wants to.

I seem to have 'subconscious telling you that you really need the bathroom in a non-symbolic way' dreams very regularly after drinking alcohol-especially lager.

One of the great shocks in my life came when I read Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. No, not Big Brother, the Ministry of Love, or "Ignorance is Strength" . . . After Winston Smith is incarcerated, he is surprised that he needs to urinate. After all, he had gone only four hours earlier.

This brought me right out of the book. "Only four hours?" That was just about my world's record for holding it in! On an average day I visit the Gents' about once an hour. At night it's more like every two hours -- but obviously I rise in the darkness multiple times a night.

[This is probably why I've never been to a concert or taken a trip on a plane -- could never survive the lines.]

. . . So I have the "search for a loo" dream pretty much every night. And if I find one, it's hideously filthy, the toilet is gone, leaving only rusty pipes poking out of the floor, the walls are glass (with a crowded city street outside), the door/stall won't lock (and someone's trying to get in), etc. Finally the scenarios end with me waking up. It must work -- I've never piddled in bed, even as a lad.

I've also had the "deposited a major No. 2 somewhere" dream -- which doesn't wake me up; in fact, I give a sigh of relief and go deeper into restful slumber . . . I think that relates to gas rather than an actual load, as I've never found anything untoward in bed with me. :dpoo:

As an afterthought . . . I've had a bronchitis-like condition for over a year now, and I can rarely sleep unless I sit semi-upright, as in a recliner or well-padded armchair. I've noticed I'll actually sleep four hours without having to "go". Once I even made it to five hours! But don't stand in my way after I struggle up.

What a great thread! We should revive this.

I have only once wet the bed as an adult.

I was in my early thirties and hadn't been imbibing anything particular the the night before.

Dreamt I was peeing, woke up on my back, peeing on my stomach.

At the time, the fact that it happened and I hadn't been partying the night before, really worried me. o_O

Did you have a 'little accident' last night?:D

Get orf moi webcam! :omr:

It came up when I did a search for 'dreams'. We used to have a thread on micro-dreams which I wanted to post on but this one is more interesting.

Somewhere we had a discussion about dipping a sleeping friend's hand in warm water to make them pee the bed. It's a supposed to be a traditional squaddie prank, which I reckon you could only do to someone if if they were too drunk to wake up easily so might pee the bed anyway.

(My micro-dream was about singing a song that may have been inspired by dialogue in the TV show we were watching. It went 'And rock up your SIIIINS!' which makes no sense in any context.)

I have only once wet the bed as an adult.

I was in my early thirties and hadn't been imbibing anything particular the the night before.

Dreamt I was peeing, woke up on my back, peeing on my stomach.

At the time, the fact that it happened and I hadn't been partying the night before, really worried me. o_O

Did you find out what caused it?

Somewhere we had a discussion about dipping a sleeping friend's hand in warm water to make them pee the bed. It's a supposed to be a traditional squaddie prank, which I reckon you could only do to someone if if they were too drunk to wake up easily so might pee the bed anyway.
They tried that once on Mythbusters and it didn't work.

True, but ... I'm not sure they definitively "busted" the myth.
Dipping a sleeping person’s hand in a bowl of warm water will cause him to “wet the bed” (urinate involuntarily).
BUSTED

At the California Center for Sleep Disorders, Adam and Jamie set up a bed with a moisture-sensitive alarm. Each took a turn as a test subject, with the other ready to place the sleeper’s hand in the water once he had achieved a deep enough sleep. Jamie never reached that point, while Adam kept waking up due to his sleep apnea and ended up with his hands in an awkward position. Jamie was only able to pour the water over Adam’s hand, which soon woke him up without triggering the alarm. Crew member Matt Cordova was brought in for a third trial; five minutes after his hand was placed in the water, the alarm went off, but this was due only to water spilling out of the bowl.

SOURCE: https://mythresults.com/mini-myth-mayhem

I have many dreams where i have wanted the toilet and it was too late i peed myself, in the dream, but i woke up and i hadn't, but i got up and went to the toilet, a good alarm

As regards to the making-someone-pee-hand thing. I was told it was the wrist, the pulse point, that had to be immersed in the water. By someone who said they'd done it.

And no Scargy, I never found out what made me pee that night but it did enable me to tell this anecdote:

I was at a friends party that had adults and children, most of the kids playing in the bedrooms.

I'm sitting in the kitchen next to the snacks when out of the toilet next door comes a mother and her 4yr old daughter. The child sounds like she's really upset and crying but I notice there are no real tears, however there is real anguish in her voice.

The mother is saying something that is obviously a continuation of an earlier conversation "But you must understand, mummy's not angry because you wet yourself; it's because you lied to mummy"(It transpired that a wet patch had been found in the kids play room, when asked the child denied it but a little later the mother found her daughter was wearing sodden knickers)

The mother, thinking she was being reasonable and explaining very clearly to the child exactly where her naughtiness lay, did so in front of me and other guests. As far as I could see, all the child could hear was her mother telling everyone she'd wet the floor (tatami mat actually, this happened in Tokyo) Doubling up on the shame she had already felt which is why she hadn't owned up in the first place.

So, the mother is being gentle but firm in her explanation, the daughter is doing her primal wailing when I leant forward and whispered in her ear "I'll tell you a secret, sometimes even grown-ups wet themselves"

The child went dead silent, looked quizzical for a moment, and was fine.

As regards to the making-someone-pee-hand thing. I was told it was the wrist, the pulse point, that had to be immersed in the water. By someone who said they'd done it.

And no Scargy, I never found out what made me pee that night but it did enable me to tell this anecdote:

I was at a friends party that had adults and children, most of the kids playing in the bedrooms.

I'm sitting in the kitchen next to the snacks when out of the toilet next door comes a mother and her 4yr old daughter. The child sounds like she's really upset and crying but I notice there are no real tears, however there is real anguish in her voice.

The mother is saying something that is obviously a continuation of an earlier conversation "But you must understand, mummy's not angry because you wet yourself; it's because you lied to mummy"(It transpired that a wet patch had been found in the kids play room, when asked the child denied it but a little later the mother found her daughter was wearing sodden knickers)

The mother, thinking she was being reasonable and explaining very clearly to the child exactly where her naughtiness lay, did so in front of me and other guests. As far as I could see, all the child could hear was her mother telling everyone she'd wet the floor (tatami mat actually, this happened in Tokyo) Doubling up on the shame she had already felt which is why she hadn't owned up in the first place.

So, the mother is being gentle but firm in her explanation, the daughter is doing her primal wailing when I leant forward and whispered in her ear "I'll tell you a secret, sometimes even grown-ups wet themselves"

Strangely, I have had similar elimination-themed exchanges with children. 'Yeah, grown-ups do it sometimes. It can happen to anyone. The important thing is to remember it's not important.'

Very similar , a chap i knew celebrated the birth of his daughter in a monumental way . He got absolutely shit faced, his brother in law and myself delivered him home and stuffed him through the front door and left him to it.. A few days later his wife returned home with the sprog who has sleeping in their bedroom, despite changing it a stench remained. On returning from work a couple of days later he met his wife with a face like thunder, she dragged him upstairs and said I've found the stink you can clean it up.
In his drunken haze he had lifted the lid of an ottoman and crapped in it. We took the piss out of him for ages..

Well done, you! Poor kid.

I had a friend many years ago who always pissed himself in his sleep after having a skin full, one night, for a joke me and his other 'friends' poured water in his ear ( we had heard this has the same effect of the finger in water ), but that night he didn't piss himself, instead he got a bad ear infection ( we didn't mention the water in ear to him, he probably wouldn't have seen the funny side ).

Very similar , a chap i knew celebrated the birth of his daughter in a monumental way . He got absolutely shit faced, his brother in law and myself delivered him home and stuffed him through the front door and left him to it.. A few days later his wife returned home with the sprog who has sleeping in their bedroom, despite changing it a stench remained. On returning from work a couple of days later he met his wife with a face like thunder, she dragged him upstairs and said I've found the stink you can clean it up.
In his drunken haze he had lifted the lid of an ottoman and crapped in it. We took the piss out of him for ages..

The ex had a phase of going out boozing with workmates. It didn't last long because they were absolutely animals in drink. I don't know how they didn't get in serious trouble and lose their jobs.*

Ex decided to bow out of the group when a load of them on a pub crawl took a wrong turn and stumbled into a quiet cut-de-sac. One of their number had expressed an urgent need to find a toilet so it can't have been a surprise when he went briefly missing from the group, only to be spotted across the road crouched on a garden wall crapping into a wheelie bin.

Drunk as he was, he'd taken the trouble to line up the bin and open it, and to then climb up on the wall, drop trou and steady himself on the sides of said receptacle before evacuating.
I never heard what happened next.

*They were all high school teachers.

The ex had a phase of going out boozing with workmates. It didn't last long because they were absolutely animals in drink. I don't know how they didn't get in serious trouble and lose their jobs.*

Ex decided to bow out of the group when a load of them on a pub crawl took a wrong turn and stumbled into a quiet cut-de-sac. One of their number had expressed an urgent need to find a toilet so it can't have been a surprise when he went briefly missing from the group, only to be spotted across the road crouched on a garden wall crapping into a wheelie bin.

Drunk as he was, he'd taken the trouble to line up the bin and open it, and to then climb up on the wall, drop trou and steady himself on the sides of said receptacle before evacuating.
I never heard what happened next.

*They were all high school teachers.
The very first week when Calderdale council swapped from the old galvanised steel dustbins to plastic Wheely bins, someone crapped in ours. There's a terrible sense of violation involved when someone sullies your brand new bin in this manner, although I found I was caught between apoplectic rage and admiration at the determination and balance required.

Well thanks to this thread is had a toilet/weeing dream last night.
I was on a train or a tram. I needed to go. Badly. There was a loo on board but it was one of those caravan toilets that you have to empty. It was in a cubicle so very small that you couldn't really open the door- just open a bit then squeeze in the room by standing on the loo seat. Once in, the cubicle was actually the very front of the train and was floor to ceiling windows.
Great view. Of me on the bog. Couldn't go because of it. Really needed to.
Oddly it was scrupulously clean.

When I woke up, thankfully no wetting the bed.

The very first week when Calderdale council swapped from the old galvanised steel dustbins to plastic Wheely bins, someone crapped in ours. There's a terrible sense of violation involved when someone sullies your brand new bin in this manner, although I found I was caught between apoplectic rage and admiration at the determination and balance required.
Our brand new recycling bin was mysteriously filled up with plastic milk bottles as soon as it was delivered, before I'd even had a chance to take it round the back.

My sister and another close relation rolled up and were highly amused to see me looking into the bin and cursing.

A very long time later, Sis mentioned the milk bottles again. By this time the other very beloved relation had died, having never grassed up Sis for being the cheeky bastard who'd dumped them in my bin.

Families, eh.

I worked with a buddy years ago who had a habit of pissing in the wardrobes of any hotel we were staying in after going to bed following a few pints. Always in his sleep.
Did he do that at home too?

Back