• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is It Bad Luck To Dream Of The Dead?

A

Anonymous

I vaguely remember someone saying it was bad luck to dream about the dead. Anyone now why that is?

Hmmm..strange

I don't know why it would be back luck, except that maybe it meant you were gonna be seeing them soon!
I sometimes see my grandpa and grandma in dreams. No real reason, they just occasionally show up to say hi. Doesn't bother me at all! :)

I often have dreams in which my dead dogs are still alive. Dunno what that means in terms of luck or anything.

I don't think it's bad luck. I dream about my grandparents all the time. They're just there in the dream, they don't do anything.
I think they are there to remind me of what they were like when they were alive and well - so I don't remember them as I last saw them (both very ill).
If it's people you miss, you're obviously going to dream about them.
It could also be the dead just saying "hi", too.

pinkle

Don't ever do what again?? Mention dogs in more than one thread?? :rofl: Still, the dreams of the dogs aren't the same as their ghosts. (Not how I mean it anyway.)

In the dreams, however, they look much as they did in life. Sometimes the dreams even run along the lines of, I thought they were dead but then they turn up alive after all and I realise I must have made a mistake. I don't know what that says about me - perhaps something about me not being willing to let go of the past or something.

I don't think it's bad luck to dream about dead people, it just means that they are there somewhere in the back of your mind and your subconcious brings it to the front while you sleep.

My friend dreamt of her sister last year - (she died of cancer 2 years previously). She came to tell her that everything would be OK. She woke up and called her mother and her other sister, neither of whom were particularly interested. All the phonecalls woke up her 11 year old daughter who asked what was going on.

When she told her that she had seen her sister her daughter replied - 'so what I see her all the time, she strokes my hair and holds my hand until I go to sleep'.:eek!!!!:

Anyway, it was good luck for them, they won a court case!

Re: Dreaming of dead people

I dont think its unlucky at all to dream of the dead. I was wishing my nana quite badly after she passed away and a few months later I dreamt she came down her stairs and walked into the living room. She hugged and told me she loved me , whether it was a real vistation or just my subconscious telling me what I wanted to hear I dont know or care but it made me feel alot better :)

Back