• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams Or Something Like Them

asjdwf

Fresh Blood
For the last year I’ve been having dreams or something like dreams. The time in between waking up and when my eyes are still closed I see things. It’s more like things are looking at me. Usually it’s nondescript but this morning was different. This morning there were 6 white see through skulls looking at me from a circle surrounding me. After I woke up I tried to forget about it but this is all I can think about. A few other times it was a face looking back at me. Weathered skin and brown hair but the eyes seemed to be off for some reason. What the hell is going on?

First: Welcome to the Forteana Forums!

It's not unusual to have imagery or sensations from a dreaming state persist through the hypnopompic (waking transition) phase. Dreaming occurs during REM sleep, and REM sleep is the final phase before ending a sleep cycle.

For example, I've had after-images of the final scene in a dream remain visible if I wake and open my eyes abruptly, only for them to fade away pretty quickly. I've more or less trained myself to keep my eyes closed until such 'internal' imagery clears off before actually opening my eyes.

Back