• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams That Have Come True

UPDATE!
Looks like my dream/premonition regarding the sinkhole has come true. And it has happened in the very street I dreamed about.
I imagine this also refreshes memories of losing your partner, too. Wishing you both the best outcome as the future unfolds. :group:

I've had at least a couple. First was one that is an interpretation after the fact but the symbology is clear. I was separated from my former partner though there was always the thought that we might get back together. And she had a daughter who was just becoming an adult at the time.
I dreamt about my partner who was a tall and quite butch lady and never went anywhere in a skirt except for extremely formal situations like job interviews and first dates :p
I dreamt i met her at a cafe next to a river and she was in a long white dress (something I'd never seen her in) and carrying a baby. After talking we walked across the river with the baby.
Next day my partner actually called me and told me her daughter had had a miscarriage and it was quite late in the pregnancy too.
So my odd dream suddenly made sense - white is the colour of death, crossing the river to the land of the dead, etc. These are all symbols my ex was very aware of too so i wonder if she sent me a telepathic message in our dreams.

Then my other one is very specific. I was in bed and i heard on the radio that Arsenal had lost a match and their long run of over a season of not being defeated had ended. Now I'm no football fan and even less interested in Premiership London sides but it had been quite a big story - when was it? 2003 or 2004?

The first thing - i didn't have a radio but somehow i woke up convinced i'd heard the BBC news while sitting up in bed. I was so convinced I went to a newsagent to check the story but it wasn't there. In fact Arsenal hadn't played but they were playing later that day.

I think i picked the score up the day after when i bought the paper and it was confirmed, Arsenal had lost. So this wasn't a case of making the dream fit the facts afterwards, it really couldn't have been clearer. I don't remember the score being part of the prediction just the outcome. I've been told since i should have had a bet but it didn't even occur to me!

I'm now slightly concerned by this idea that dreams during the Christmas period are indicative of the year to come, as many of mine recently have involved me being a teenager, and there's a state I haven't experienced in nearly 30 years!

I had a dream one of my friends met a bloke. We were a bit unsure cos he wasn't her usual type but proved himself worthy in the end. Be good if it came true.

Earlier this year I had a dream a different friend had cancer. I woke up in such a panic, luckiky She didn't. I never mentioned the dream to her. But around the same time another friend had some tests, she was also fine but a further friend was prompted to check herself. She caught it really early and is now making an excellent recovery.

I did dream I saw my old dog last night. He was at younger age than when I got him (he was 7). He came running to see me and looked happy. I woke up and it was 3:15. So I like to think it really was him come to say hello.

My husband said that he had an extended dream the other night about walking near our house, when a 747 passed low overhead and crashed, devastating our local estate. Our house was badly damaged but none of the family was hurt. As it happens, we are under the flightpath for Exeter Airport, but they tend to be small prop planes rather than big jets; I'm hoping he's not tapped into some kind of precognition...

My husband said that he had an extended dream the other night about walking near our house, when a 747 passed low overhead and crashed, devastating our local estate. Our house was badly damaged but none of the family was hurt. As it happens, we are under the flightpath for Exeter Airport, but they tend to be small prop planes rather than big jets; I'm hoping he's not tapped into some kind of precognition...

The idea of an airliner crashing onto my house occurs to me now and then. We live on a couple of flight paths and might cop it if a plane had trouble taking off or landing. I wonder if it's become one of those universal modern background fears that people have?

I once had a vivid nightmare where airliners were falling from the sky in great numbers and everyone in the city was trying to get out of their way. That hasn't happened (yet!).

I'm hoping he's not tapped into some kind of precognition...

A 737 rather than 747 but what about the Ukranian crash in Iran? There again, as Escargot said, it's probably a common enough fear maybe your husband has had previous dreams and didn't think to mention them? There again he did mention it this time and it wasn't far off a real biggy event? Does he usually report his dreams or was this one that made a real impact on him?

Whenever I've had this type of dream it feels like I've gone ahead in time briefly glimpsed the headlines and made a dream of it or a bit like the event it question has sent a ripple back in time which I've copped onto.

Not saying that's what I think has happened but trying to describe what it feels like.

Sollywos x

Does he usually report his dreams or was this one that made a real impact on him?

He's not a habitual dream reporter, but every now and again, first thing, we'll tell each other if we have particularly kooky dreams. I'm not sure he's eve told me about dreaming of a plane crash before. I think this one was extra memorable because he said it was an extended dream - you know, you wake up and drop back off, and carry on dreaming about the same thing.

I often have post apocalyptic dreams and none have come true so far. However, I did have this weird dream towards the end of last year where nobody went outside because there was a mysterious threat. It felt like an apocalyptic dream in some ways because of the deserted streets and the fear of death from going outside. But it differed because everyone was just doing normal stuff like making tea, going on the internet, eating and watching tv. I remember posting about it on Facebook I think - it was so weird and unique in 50 years of remembering dreams.
So now wondering if it might be yet another future prediction dream - I've had at least a couple previously.

Sounds a bit like here at the moment.
A lot of government announcements after a tone saying that we should stay at home except for 4 essential things.

I often have post apocalyptic dreams and none have come true so far. However, I did have this weird dream towards the end of last year where nobody went outside because there was a mysterious threat. It felt like an apocalyptic dream in some ways because of the deserted streets and the fear of death from going outside. But it differed because everyone was just doing normal stuff like making tea, going on the internet, eating and watching tv. I remember posting about it on Facebook I think - it was so weird and unique in 50 years of remembering dreams.
So now wondering if it might be yet another future prediction dream - I've had at least a couple previously.

Hi Stella, as someone who has had a few future prediction dreams I would say that's definitely a strong candidate. As you say it did differ from your previous post apocalyptic dreams, enough so that you thought to post about it. Most of mine have been like that ie awaking and 'knowing' there was something different and sharing it with my partner. They offer no proof to others especially as I never got them down in writing. Highly subjective I realise but to me they felt like proof.

I have had other dreams that have come true that hadn't warranted commenting but had stayed in my mind until they played out in the following days, but they could just be said to be random noticing and remembering. Still intriguing though.

Your dream has certainly impressed me thanks for sharing :)

Sollywos x

Here's one of my perhaps 'random noticing' dreams which I had last year I thought it was funny. I'm wondering if my sleeping brain had made connection with my sister's in some way, although you might think the correlations, although clear, could be said to be tenuous.

I wouldn't have mentioned it on here but being as how toilet rolls have become a hot topic just now thought it wouldn't matter if I posted about what they were actually for. (Well other than some kind of new currency that is!)

Anyway in RL I'd been vaguely worried about the drains wondering if they were the cause of some minor cracks that have appeared, mentioned it to the landlord but he doesn't seem that bothered.

So in my dream I'd decided to sort it out for myself by digging a pond in the garden and diverting the drains to it. What I thought it would solve/show I have no idea! Duly dug pond and I'm watching it fill when I realised the dog was on the other side so I called her over when to my horror I realised the toilet had been flushed into it together with loads of ahem 'large logs'!!Oh bu88er I didn't want her wading through all that and who the hell has flushed the loo?

My sister then put in an appearance at the bathroom window she was not there from the start of the dream so I couldn't have asked her not to but I had a go at her for not noticing what was going on and she could have at least asked if it was OK to flush the loo!

Zip awake ... my main feeling being of relief that I hadn't got to bath the dog who had waded through and got covered in it while I'd been talking to my sister. A vivid and silly dream is all it was.

Later that day my sister rang and in the course of the conversation told me of an extremely embarrassing thing that had happened to her the previous day. She managed to produce a torpedo that just wouldn't flush away, we've all been there I'm sure! Finally in desperation she put her hand in the bowl (without benefit of a rubber glove!!!) and broke it up! If it was me I'd have walked away and hoped somebody else would get the blame or more likely fronted up and asked the hostess for some bleach or rubber gloves. But bl00dy hell there is no way I would have done what she did, I mean look how stressed I was at the thought of having to wash some of the stuff off the dog!

I just found her actions totally out of character she's normally so fussy! Dreaming about my sisters poo just after she'd had a digusting poo incident was weird I don't make a habit of it I can assure you!

So just a coincidence or were our brains communicating in some way?

Sollywos x

Oh I missed out that in the dream when I was having a go at her she'd got all indignant and specifically said that she felt it was impolite to leave it in the loo and not flush it away! :D

Here's one of my perhaps 'random noticing' dreams which I had last year I thought it was funny. I'm wondering if my sleeping brain had made connection with my sister's in some way, although you might think the correlations, although clear, could be said to be tenuous.

I wouldn't have mentioned it on here but being as how toilet rolls have become a hot topic just now thought it wouldn't matter if I posted about what they were actually for. (Well other than some kind of new currency that is!)

Anyway in RL I'd been vaguely worried about the drains wondering if they were the cause of some minor cracks that have appeared, mentioned it to the landlord but he doesn't seem that bothered.

So in my dream I'd decided to sort it out for myself by digging a pond in the garden and diverting the drains to it. What I thought it would solve/show I have no idea! Duly dug pond and I'm watching it fill when I realised the dog was on the other side so I called her over when to my horror I realised the toilet had been flushed into it together with loads of ahem 'large logs'!!Oh bu88er I didn't want her wading through all that and who the hell has flushed the loo?

My sister then put in an appearance at the bathroom window she was not there from the start of the dream so I couldn't have asked her not to but I had a go at her for not noticing what was going on and she could have at least asked if it was OK to flush the loo!

Zip awake ... my main feeling being of relief that I hadn't got to bath the dog who had waded through and got covered in it while I'd been talking to my sister. A vivid and silly dream is all it was.

Later that day my sister rang and in the course of the conversation told me of an extremely embarrassing thing that had happened to her the previous day. She managed to produce a torpedo that just wouldn't flush away, we've all been there I'm sure! Finally in desperation she put her hand in the bowl (without benefit of a rubber glove!!!) and broke it up! If it was me I'd have walked away and hoped somebody else would get the blame or more likely fronted up and asked the hostess for some bleach or rubber gloves. But bl00dy hell there is no way I would have done what she did, I mean look how stressed I was at the thought of having to wash some of the stuff off the dog!

I just found her actions totally out of character she's normally so fussy! Dreaming about my sisters poo just after she'd had a digusting poo incident was weird I don't make a habit of it I can assure you!

So just a coincidence or were our brains communicating in some way?

Sollywos x

Dunno, but dreaming of excrement is supposed to represent good luck with money. The worse a mess you dream about, the more money is coming to you!

Dunno, but dreaming of excrement is supposed to represent good luck with money. The worse a mess you dream about, the more money is coming to you!

I wish! I know where there's muck there's money and all that, but that was last year damn it, it's taken it's time to get here!

Sollywos x

Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting on these forums. I thought I would tell of a couple of instances where my dreams had come true.
They both happened when is still at school , around 1990, many years ago now. (Just to add that my school was a boys school and we had to wear uniforms). The first was a very odd dream, where I was looking down at the school play ground when a football bounced into the play ground , follow by two girls and three boys (not in uniform) who picked up the ball and walked out and that was it. I found this dream so silly I happened to tell my friend about it on the way up to the science block for lessons. while we was in class the teacher ( Miss Kinch ) gave us a experiment to do with the bunson burners, as we got the the table we both looked out over the playground and saw a football bounce in followed by two girls and 3 boys. I've never forgotten it.

The Second dream I had was I was run over in a car by Miss Kinch, A couple of days later I saw here in the playground and jokingly had a go at her and that very moment ,everyone ran out of the school because a car had crashed into the gates . Later She spoke to me as she didn't know what to make of it as she was a science teacher. She said she also told her family.

Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting on these forums. I thought I would tell of a couple of instances where my dreams had come true.
They both happened when is still at school , around 1990, many years ago now. (Just to add that my school was a boys school and we had to wear uniforms). .........

A couple of great accounts there Starcity Captain. All the more compelling because of their straightforwardness. I loved the idea of getting your science teacher to sit up and take notice. :) These things when they happen can really make you question the nature of time and the way our brains interact with it!

Sollywos x

There are libraries filled with books about dreams, and depending where you live in the world, certain cultures take dreams more seriously than others.

The question that I have never seen in writing, is just what percent of your dreams come true ?

For me maybe once, I am not sure.

For my wife, one time she dreamed a little boy in a red go-cart that crashed and got hurt seemed to have come true.

So, I guess we are one and one over scores of years of dreaming.

So, dreams probably do not come true, but I know there are people out there that might have a higher average.

What is your average?

I guess my batting average is 0, because I can't think of any dream I've had that clearly foretold or foreshadowed a state of the waking world.

On the other hand, I've had plenty of dreams that involved a different spin on a past situation or experience, with the result that I realized something new or different about something that had really happened.

There are libraries filled with books about dreams, and depending where you live in the world, certain cultures take dreams more seriously than others.

The question that I have never seen in writing, is just what percent of your dreams come true ?

For me maybe once, I am not sure.

For my wife, one time she dreamed a little boy in a red go-cart that crashed and got hurt seemed to have come true.

So, I guess we are one and one over scores of years of dreaming.

So, dreams probably do not come true, but I know there are people out there that might have a higher average.

What is your average?
Well, I’ve never been attacked by giant skeletons so I guess none! I’m one of those people who very rarely remembers dreams unfortunately. I have been toying with enlisting someone for a dream experiment though, may ask them tomorrow.

Hope so as I had a weird one recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was roughly 15 years old - possibly a bit younger - I dreamt that I was just a few miles from home, driving a car. The dream location was from real life, a rural backroad. In the dream I said to myself (or maybe my passenger; I don't remember if there was one) "I'd better get this car off the road because it's stolen". I turned off the road onto a short track that led to a sizeable solitary farm shed in the field adjacent to the road. To hide the car, I parked it behind the shed.
Apart from driving well before the legal age, and the car being stolen, the other odd bit was that the shed did not exist; its location in real life was simply a field of some arable crop or other.
And of course...... maybe 6 months, maybe a couple of years later, in real life, a nice big shed was built in almost exactly the same place in that field.

Last edited:
When I was roughly 15 years old - possibly a bit younger - I dreamt that I was just a few miles from home, driving a car. The dream location was from real life, a rural backroad. In the dream I said to myself (or maybe my passenger; I don't remember if there was one) "I'd better get this car off the road because it's stolen". I turned off the road onto a short track that led to a sizeable solitary farm shed in the field adjacent to the road. To hide the car, I parked it behind the shed.
Apart from driving well before the legal age, and the car being stolen, the other odd bit was that the shed did not exist; its location in real life was simply a field of some arable crop or other.
And of course...... maybe 6 months, maybe a couple of years later, in real life, a nice big shed was built in almost exactly the same place in that field.
Did you park your stolen car behind it? :p

I've mentioned it before, but when my mother was young and at a girls' school in Canyonville Oregon (tiny town), she had a dream that a woman came screaming in the night and was pounding on the door for help. Next night the very thing happened; the woman had been sexually assaulted. I tend to think women have more precognitive dreams than men.

End of 2019 we bought a flat, it needed refurbishment, so we got quotes from 3 companies. One of these had gone bankrupt and been bought out and renamed not long before, but the office was 200 yards or so away, so was convenient.

Not being able to decide which to use, I decided to let my dreams direct me. In the dream I was outside a pub/club and went inside. The interior was partially rebuilt, but only one man was there. He said "don't use them, they've gone bankrupt".

So we didn't use the company close by. Six months later that company had closed down and the office was up for sale.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. After lurking for some time, I decided to join, as I have had quite a few weird and wonderful things happen to me throughout my life, which may(or maynot) be of interest to some. I seem to be one of those people that attracts the odd, for some reason.
The following story of a dream that came true , was not my own, but that of a friend of mine. Here goes:

I used to have these two friends. Debbie and Anne.
One day, Debbie called me, to tell me of a strange and disturbing dream she'd had , about our mutual friend, Anne.
In the dream, Anne was moving away and had put her house up for sale. Debbie was intersted in buying it and had gone round to have a look at it. The house was everything Debbie was looking for, except for one thing. One of the rooms was filled with gravestones.

Debbie told Anne that she'd like to buy the house, but the gravestones would have to be removed first. Anne replied that they would have to stay, as they were part of the property and that Debbie shouldn't worry about it, as she'd be needing them soon .
Debbie was really freaked out , about this dream and I tried to reassure her that it was just a dream and that it was probably just reflecting a sub concious fear , or something, but Debbie was convinced the dream was a bad omen of some sort. It turned out that she was horribly right.

Not long after,Anne was diagnosed with cancer and sadly, died a couple of years later.
A year after Anne's sad passing, Debbie's mother died suddenly, leaving Debbie devastated. She couldn't come to terms with it and suffered a complete breakdown , during which she tragically committed suicide.
The whole thing still freaks me out to this day , even though it happened several years ago , I still can't get my head around it.

That sounds very traumatic for you. If there's someone you could discuss this with in person, to help you come to terms with it, it may help.
Wishing you solace and healing. :group:

Back