• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams That Have Come True

A measure of how trivial and impossible to decypher any "psychic" elements of dreams may be comes from the main dream of last night...my parents were both in it, and there was a letter from Take A Break offering us £600 compensation each up to at total of £3000 for some misinformation they'd printed. Nice dream. The £600 compensation is easy to interpret..its obviously taken from the 600 euros an airline is coughing up in real life for my missed connection. I already knew about that. But the involvement of money from Take A Break is what makes it interesting.

Every morning the first thing i do on facebook while still in bed is look at the "on this day" memories which tells you what you posted on the same date in every past year. My status on this day 2010 reads "I haven't tried making money for a long time now. Can anyone suggest magazines and newspapers which pay for readers letters, photos, jokes, tips etc ala Take A Break or Readers Digest....?"

This trivial few words read after waking has - to me - clearly woven its way into the dream i had before i woke. Whats really interesting is that the connection never even occurred to me when i read the words..it was only later when I was making my breakfast that the TAB money link hit me.

I wonder how much the verbalising of our dreams in order to make sense of them alters what we actually dreamed? And does it matter if that's what it takes? Isn't that to a certain extent what we do in ordinay waking life anyway sitting as we do at the interface of all our memories and the miriad amounts of new data that we are being bombarded with at any given moment? On some level aren't we just telling ourselves a story to fit in with how we've come to expect things to be? The big question seems to be 'is time really linear ir do we just assume it is?

In addition to my all too few dreams that invoked the 'that was not my dream' response, the actually telling and subsequently finding a link to a future event, there have been very many trivial ones about everyday stuff. Totally not worth the telling, of no great significance but nevertheless pull you up short. And aren't these the ones, being much more common, that resonate the most as they whisper to us 'all is not as it seems'? That maybe, just maybe, we've got it all wrong?

Add to the mixture the plasticity of memory and putting on a sceptic hat I really don't know what to make of it.

Sollywos x

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I may have another entry for this thread. Luckily, it's rather more lighthearted than my previous one. :)

During the Christmas holidays, some folks were writing down their dreams as part of the twelvetide fortune telling method - ie, an old legend that your dreams during the twelve days of Christmas predict events in the coming twelve months of the year.
(My whole list is written down here if anyone is curious)

There was a bit of a hit for January, when I dreamed of some sort of experiment happening on the moon. A few days later, the Chinese space program landed a probe on the dark side of the moon.

The one that's really caught my attention is a bit wackier though:
"Dream, December 28th -
My son and I are walking down the road when we meet our new mail carrier, James "Bobo" Faye from Finding Bigfoot. He greets us very cheerfully and hands us each a copy of Reader's Digest."

As a prediction, this is absurd, but consider this recent event - not too long ago, Yithian posted this announcement about a bunch of Fate magazines for sale. For those who don't know, Fate magazine is sort of a less skeptical US version of Fortean Times. Chock full of cryptozoology reports and such. I've loved it since I were a youngin' and basically, I wanted those magazines! As a gift, my son (the one in the dream) bid on them and won. Significantly, the magazines from that era are digest-sized.

I wasn't thinking about the Bobo dream at all until it had already happened.

Consider it - Bobo Faye, a bigfoot hunter, delivers my son and me digest-sized magazines. In reality, my son buys me a load of digest sized magazines about such things as bigfoot. And "Faye" has just one letter different from "Fate."

Eh? Eh? :wink2:

The one place this really fails as part of the twelvetide fortune-telling method is that it should have happened in April. But I'm not complaining.

I have received the magazines - although I can't say whether they were delivered by Bobo, or anyone Bobo-like, as I was taking a nap when the package arrived, but there was this:
fatebigfoot.jpg

:D

(I've told teen son he never has to buy another gift for me for the rest of his life.)

dream of last night...my parents were both in it, and there was a letter from Take A Break offering us £600 compensation each up to at total of £3000 for some misinformation they'd printed. Nice dream.

Interesting...my sister, who i had not told this dream of last week to, was here this evening and commented she'd have to go and buy a lottery ticket as she had a dream last night about winning £13million on the lottery, and she woke up wondering how she would divide it and who she would help with it.

Some added synchronicity...even odder precisely an hour before she arrived i'd been having a conversation with someone else about what i would do (or rather not knowing what i would do, as i need nothing and have no material longings) if i were ever to win the lottery. I should point out this was pure chance that the conversations should collide as i don't do the lottery, have no knowledge of any promotions or jackpots etc. as i don't buy papers or watch the news either now.

Two familial dreams, one involving our deceased parents, about a large financial windfall to be divided, within the space of a week is worth noting down. You never know.

Woke up abruptly early this morning needing the loo, as you do, thinking 'Dammit, great timing, it's ten past four and I'm up at 5!'

Tried to settle down again to no avail, then thought 'Hold on, how did I know what time it is?' and found my phone, which said 04:13.

So I'd woken up at ten past four and knew the time without looking because I'd dreamed it.

The phone is in the drawer beside my bed and the room is dark with no clocks and the radio wasn't on. Seems my bladder can tell the time, like the donkey's scrotum in that video.

In 2013 I became a mature student, and studied for my undergraduate degree in Cornwall (Plymouth University). I enjoyed living on the edge of Truro and would often go on long country walks to relieve the stress of studying. Quite often my housemate ‘K’ would come along on these walks.

In early 2016 I had a very vivid dream that I was on a road next to some distinctive old buildings set on a hill and all constructed from one type of stone. I realised I was in the South of England by the ‘feel’ of the rural scenery around me, and thought perhaps Dorset. K was with me and we then walked down a valley which comprised of fields of grass under large glasshouses (greenhouses). End of dream.

Fast forward to October 2016 and I am now a postgraduate student at the University of Bath, something I could not have foreseen earlier in the year as it only came about at the last moment. I am walking down Claverton Road for the first time, and with a new friend in tow (not K). I realise these distinctive bath stone buildings beside the road are seemingly identical to the buildings from my dream! Quite a spooky feeling as I had only ever passed through Bath on the train, and had never been on this hill before.

Then we turn off and walk down the hill via the valley fields, known as Claverton Down and which were again eerily similar to my dream. I discovered from signage that this valley is under the protection of the National Trust - whereas in my dream, it was under the protection of the glasshouses.

One curious footnote: Claverton Down is visible from Bath train station platforms (barely visible from the train). For a period after I arrived in Bath it seemed that whenever I looked up at the fields there would be a single figure in black walking alone, which brought to my mind images of a monk (too far to see any real detail). This stopped after a while.

Note to non-UK readers: Bath is a city in Southern England unique for having all its buildings clad in the same distinctive ‘bath stone’ which is quarried nearby.

Last edited:
Looking for something to watch last night i was googling "best classic scifi movies". I was thinking in terms of 1950s semi B movies i guess, but anyway the list that came up were all the ones id seen or heard of..day the earth stood still, 2001, Alien, Bladerunner...but somewhere near the top was a 1980 tv movie which was apparently hugely popular...but ive never heard of it. The Lathe Of Heaven. Anyway point is having now watched it its thematically linked to this thread. It's about a man who dreams the future in the most literal sense. What he dreams becomes reality...that's to say rewrites what is already the state of the world. Plotwise its about an unscrupulous psychiatrist trying to use his patient's power to reshape the world for the better, with constantly unforseen consequences.

There's a line towards the end where he says "What if im not the only one? What if everyone is having 'effective dreams' and they just don't know it. Suppose reality is being pulled from under us all the time"

The whole movie is on youtube.

Looking for something to watch last night i was googling "best classic scifi movies". I was thinking in terms of 1950s semi B movies i guess, but anyway the list that came up were all the ones id seen or heard of..day the earth stood still, 2001, Alien, Bladerunner...but somewhere near the top was a 1980 tv movie which was apparently hugely popular...but ive never heard of it. The Lathe Of Heaven. Anyway point is having now watched it its thematically linked to this thread. It's about a man who dreams the future in the most literal sense. What he dreams becomes reality...that's to say rewrites what is already the state of the world. Plotwise its about an unscrupulous psychiatrist trying to use his patient's power to reshape the world for the better, with constantly unforseen consequences.

There's a line towards the end where he says "What if im not the only one? What if everyone is having 'effective dreams' and they just don't know it. Suppose reality is being pulled from under us all the time"

I've never seen that film, must try and track it down.

Found it!

I go through patches of waking up bang on ten past 4 Escargot. It can last for a few weeks then stops. I have only been a few minutes out on two occasions. I know the time without checking the clock but I check it anyway just to be sure. Most annoying and it doesn't involve a loo trip just awakeness. Very rarely I can return to sleep.

It's easy to track..here it is

It's visually dated in terms of effect, "futuristic" fashion etce..very much a logan's run/space 1999 feel to the visuals and the effects are paltry. But it clearly has a cerebral quality to the story. I got a bit lost in what's going towards the end so needed wikipedia to tell me what id not been following.

I go through patches of waking up bang on ten past 4 Escargot. It can last for a few weeks then stops. I have only been a few minutes out on two occasions. I know the time without checking the clock but I check it anyway just to be sure. Most annoying and it doesn't involve a loo trip just awakeness. Very rarely I can return to sleep.

Yup, I've posted before about waking up knowing what time it was and then checking and being right. It'll be summat to do with sleep cycles or whatever, y'know, when you sleep more soundly then drift back to being nearly awake and then back to deep sleep again over the course of the night.

Based on the book by Ursula K Le Guin.

The dream concerned a very pretty young college student named Nona in the days just before Christmas. I didn't know her, but with that strange perspective you get in dreams, I could see her going about her life, spending time with friends and so forth. I could also see there was a man, a neighbor of hers, watching her with bad intent. The most distinctive thing about him was his strawberry-blonde hair. She's nervous of this man, but tries to put her worries aside. The atmosphere in the dream was foggy, with an overhanging sense of dread.

Next, I see a view of her apartment, a brown and pink brick façade. There is a string of Christmas lights and some outdoor equipment out front. The words "No Skol Nona" are spray-painted across the brick, and I know this means the girl has been murdered, and her body is inside. There is an air of utter hopelessness.

Could this have been your dreaming mind's way of trying to make sense of a name that wasn't familiar to you and getting tangled up with the sense of dread you felt knowing the stranger (to you) was watching her with bad intentions? Maybe a mirror image of "Anon lo(o)ks on."

This morning the dream immediately before waking involved an account - and montage of filmic images - of a man from my home town of liverpool who (in the dream..he doesn't exist in real life) worked in Hollywood with all the greats back in the day. This dream person had a very odd name. Yen Yen (followed by an everyday anglo surname. Such as Hughes. So let's say Yen Yen Hughes, though i can't remember the last name at this point)

Now that's a pretty weird name to concoct. I have a close friend called Yan, and it may even be relevant that a few minutes after waking he rang me while i was still in bed. But otherwise there was no connection between him and the Yen Yen of the dream. So i googled the name. It's the original name of a movie from Taiwan, renamed "Drown In Smoke" in English.

The synopsis on imdb is very opaque and tells you nothing of the plot. But does include the profound and relevant sounding words "The border between subjective and objective reality, though distinct, changes constantly. Yen Yen begins here - on this rolling surface between dream and reality. The idea that this could all be a dream emerges from deep within the dream itself. "

Hmmm

I just dreamed that one of the headlights was out on my car. I hope this isn't coming true...

I've been meaning to get this one off my chest for some time now, but not quite sure if it really belongs on this thread, so here goes-

Back in early 2017, I had a very vivid and unsettling dream that went as follows.

It was night time. Or late evening. Either way, it was dark and I had pulled the car over to go and get something from a shop. This was a busy road that runs right into the middle of my home town and every detail in the dream was exact. Shops, places, things. Everything was as it is in the waking world. My partner was sat in the passenger seat and I remember looking back over my shoulder as I went into the shop. I could still see him sitting in the seat, looking out through the windscreen. Upon coming out of the shop, the car was still there complete with my other half still sitting there, looking dead ahead. The car however, had been coned off and there were roadworks barriers with amber flashing lights. A workman came running around from the other side of the car, waving and shouting at me to get back. As I carried on towards the car, opening my mouth to ask what the hell was happening, the ground around the car began to shake. I just caught a glimpse of my partner through the car window before the car, all the barriers and cones as well as the workman, dropped into the ground and out of sight into a deep underground cavern. The cavern itself was gigantic. Maybe half a mile wide and perhaps a mile deep. It was like looking into a rock lined bell jar and there was absolutely no way to get to the bottom. At the bottom of the cavern was a huge turquoise lake and by the side, on a stony beach, lay my small blue hatchback, made tiny by the distance. I knew my partner was still inside it. I also knew there and then that despite being in sight, there was absolutely no way on earth that I was ever going to be able to get down there to help.

Later that year, we were in Birmingham together for a weekend away. On the Sunday afternoon, we were killing time before catching our respective trains home. We were walking around the canal basin late in the day when out of nowhere, I had a sudden, extremely quick premonition that this was to be our last ever weekend together. There was no reason to it. It just happened.

The following week was when my partner of 10 years, had a catastrophic mental breakdown in a bakers shop in a North London suburb. That's been followed by over a year of hell. A genuine, loving, caring relationship gone. We lived 150 miles apart which also added to the stress of the whole situation.

That's awful, @heisenbear I hope she's getting proper treatment. But maybe your dream was a spot of subconscious psychoanalysis, where you were sensing something was wrong that consciously you had not realised? You can pick up on things like that sometimes, even if you don't recognise them at the time.

That's horrible, heisenbear. I'm with GNC, wondering if your subconscious had picked up on something amiss.

The night before my husband told me he was leaving me, I dreamed he'd been in a house fire and was horribly burned. I think my brain had picked up the signals before the rest of me got the message.

So sorry heisenbear to hear about such a devastating thing to happen. As the others have said my first thought was that you'd picked up something but in real life couldn't name it so your dreaming self was articulating it instead.

But what a dream it really made me understand how you must be feeling. So sad but I hope there is light on the horizon.

Sollywos x

Last week I was supposed to go on a first date with a woman.

The night before, I had trouble sleeping.
I dreamt that my phone screen had a list of whatsapp conversations.
One with someone of a name I do not know, but they existed in the dream.

During the conversation with this unknown person, a message flashed up from the woman I was supposed to meet for the date, saying she was cancelling the date.
I woke up from the dream very suddenly, with that image vivid in my mind.

Then, lo and behold, later in the day, less than an hour before the date, the woman I was supposed to go on a date with, sent me a whatsapp message, cancelling the date.

Last edited:
Here's one that might be interesting. How true it became I'll leave to you all to decide. it certainly checked a number of boxes for me.

I'm doing the twelvetide fortune telling method again this year (that is, using my dreams during the twelve days of Christmas to forecast what will supposedly happen in the coming year) so have been writing them all down.

On the night of December 25th, I dreamed that I was in a building, a, grotty, derelict sort of place I didn't recognize. Out the window, I could see a huge electrical pylon. For reasons unknown to me, it had bent or broken in half, and crashed to the ground as I watched. Sparks and flames were emerging from the live wires.
Aside from a bit where I was trying to check for sparking wires in the building, that's all I remember.

Yesterday, OH and I went out to investigate a roadside spot we thought seemed unusually spooky. We were curious as to what it would be like up close. At first, we couldn't figure it out, but then coming around to the roadside, we saw this old shed, which had a dark and menacing atmosphere (enough that we felt sick to our stomachs,)
huntershed (2).jpg

Realizing that the shed was likely the source of the grim atmosphere, we decided to leave. We drove down the road a short way, around a sharp bend. When we turned the corner, we stopped and stared because just at the edge of the road was a collapsed electrical pylon. Just lying there, bent or broken in half. Like my dream.
dreamimage.jpg

There were no sparks or flames, though. Only a high voltage warning sign showing the risk of electrocution, if that counts.
But it seemed incredibly strange - I've never seen a collapsed pylon with my own eyes in my life, and here was one just days after my dream.

I don't know why the pylon was there on the ground. While they had been replacing ones in the area, the old ones had been picked up and carried away immediately, not left behind. Not sure what the story is here.

Further, last night it occurred to me that that pylon, when standing, would certainly have been visible from the window of that creepy shed, as in the dream. Eek!

Anyway, It's up to you to decide, but I found it quite weird.

Hi Ulalume,

I love it when things like that happen! Sure you can explain it away as 'just a coincidence' and come up with some other explaination and yet .... and yet ??? I've not had that many but every time it feels like a glimpse behind the veil, something to make you question what you understand about space and time. It always feels like a blessing of sorts although I'm never sure who is bestowing it, myself or the universe. :)

Sollywos x

Ulalume, I vote yes that your dream came true.
(I hope you have a nicer dream next time!)

And thanks for relating the information about the twelvetide fortune telling method—let's all try it!

I've been meaning to get this one off my chest for some time now, but not quite sure if it really belongs on this thread, so here goes-

Back in early 2017, I had a very vivid and unsettling dream that went as follows.

It was night time. Or late evening. Either way, it was dark and I had pulled the car over to go and get something from a shop. This was a busy road that runs right into the middle of my home town and every detail in the dream was exact. Shops, places, things. Everything was as it is in the waking world. My partner was sat in the passenger seat and I remember looking back over my shoulder as I went into the shop. I could still see him sitting in the seat, looking out through the windscreen. Upon coming out of the shop, the car was still there complete with my other half still sitting there, looking dead ahead. The car however, had been coned off and there were roadworks barriers with amber flashing lights. A workman came running around from the other side of the car, waving and shouting at me to get back. As I carried on towards the car, opening my mouth to ask what the hell was happening, the ground around the car began to shake. I just caught a glimpse of my partner through the car window before the car, all the barriers and cones as well as the workman, dropped into the ground and out of sight into a deep underground cavern. The cavern itself was gigantic. Maybe half a mile wide and perhaps a mile deep. It was like looking into a rock lined bell jar and there was absolutely no way to get to the bottom. At the bottom of the cavern was a huge turquoise lake and by the side, on a stony beach, lay my small blue hatchback, made tiny by the distance. I knew my partner was still inside it. I also knew there and then that despite being in sight, there was absolutely no way on earth that I was ever going to be able to get down there to help.

Later that year, we were in Birmingham together for a weekend away. On the Sunday afternoon, we were killing time before catching our respective trains home. We were walking around the canal basin late in the day when out of nowhere, I had a sudden, extremely quick premonition that this was to be our last ever weekend together. There was no reason to it. It just happened.

The following week was when my partner of 10 years, had a catastrophic mental breakdown in a bakers shop in a North London suburb. That's been followed by over a year of hell. A genuine, loving, caring relationship gone. We lived 150 miles apart which also added to the stress of the whole situation.

UPDATE!

Looks like my dream/premonition regarding the sinkhole has come true. And it has happened in the very street I dreamed about.

A link to the local rag that serves this weird little town is here...

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/18132181.hereford-city-centre-road-remains-closed-sink-hole/

After seeing something in the news article I just have to ask ...

Were you familiar with the sinkhole that appeared in that street in May 2015?
I vaguely remember it happening but didn't think anything of it at the time. At the time I had big fish to fry so it probably joined the rest of the psychic litter that gets caught in the perimeter fence of my subconscious, to just wait for the right sort of wind to start rustling up the memory.

Back