• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams That Have Come True

A

Anonymous

Dreams That Come True

I had a few weird episodes happen to me where something I dreamed came true the next day. The first two I can rationalize, the last one is confounding.

One night I dreamed my dog was writhing, shaking with spasms and foaming at the mouth. I clearly remembered the dream when I awoke, shrugged it off and got on with my morning. It wasn’t long after when I was shocked to see my previously healthy dog do the very thing in my dream. I took him to the vet and as it turned out, he was very ill and within days had to be euthanized. Considering he slept at the foot of my bed, it's possible that he was having convulsions while I was sleeping and I was subconsciously aware of them, thus entering into my dreams.

Years later, I had pet gerbils. I dreamed one of my gerbils died and sure enough, the following day one died. It appeared healthy until then. Ok, that dream could have been just a coincidence.

But the following dream I am about to relate is too detailed to be attributed to coincidence. At the time, I worked outdoors in the nursery of a garden center. I dreamed that I was at work and heard the sound of a cat pitifully mewing. I told my coworker that I heard a cat crying and we traced the sound to a car parked nearby. My coworker went to the car, knelt down next to it, reached up into the wheel well and pulled out a little grey kitten. And so the dream ended.

I went to work the following morning and told my coworker about my dream. Later that morning, he and I were outdoors in the nursery when we heard a cat mewing and followed the sound to a car parked nearby. As in my dream, he knelt down, reached up into the wheel well and pulled out a little grey kitten. I have no way to rationalize this dream!

That's an interesting story - I too had one instance of seemingly pre cog dreaming when i was about 16.
One night during college i dreamt i was walking my dog through the park when i came across a guy i'd know about two years previously from secondary school. i'd not seen or really thought of him since, prior to the dream. Anyway in my dream we chatted for a while and caught up on stuff. The most noticable difference was that he'd cropped his previously long hair and dyed it very bright yellow (think johnny rotten-esque). I commented on this in the dream, then he said "yes my fiance likes it too" and showed me the engagement ring on his finger. I congratulated him and we said our goodbyes and i got on my way. This was the end of the dream as far as i can remember.
As it was especially vivid, and quite amusing, i recounted the dream to a friend on the bus into college the following morning.
Then come the wierd bit that has kind of freaked me out since. Later that morning, on a visit to the area, this guy in the dream comes back into college to say hi to everyone he knew! No one had seen or heard of him since he'd moved away two years previously. But, you guessed it, he'd cut his hair to a crop, dyed it yellow AND just got engaged. He showed us the ring just like in the dream, although I don't recall enough of the dreams detail to honestly say the ring was the same or not. But in every way the experience was like a deja vu replay. I couldn't believe what was happening. The only difference was the location, being the college, rather than the park. Most of the conversation was pretty much identical, except with others present. It was like reliving something on a loop.
Of course because my friend on the bus was the only person I'd related the dream to all my other friends thought I was making it up. Even he suspected it was a set up I'd planned in advance with this guy. But I genuinely had the dream. I hadn't seen this guy in two years. It has puzzled me since.
I've never had aany other dreams that have predicted something so i don't think they'll be sticking electrodes on my head and dumping me in a pre cog pool naked yet, but this was definitely a strange thing that i've never been able to rationalize.

My mum has once had a dream come true. In her dream, she was visiting her friend, and as she was walking through the front garden up to the door, she noticed a mound of sand and construction equipment. When she got inside and met her firend, her friend was clearly pregnant. The next day she got a phone call from her friend telling her that she was pregnant. But it didn't end there. A month or so later, her friend was having and addition to her house built. When my mum went to visit her, it was exactly as it was in her dream. The yard was filled with construction materials and her friend was pregnant.
She's had a few other minor psychic experiences too.

I've dreamed Formula One Grand Prixs before. Even down to wheels coming off, the results, and a specific driver in a specific car crashing. And I've dreamed things about letters arriving out of the blue to members of my family. Nothing terribly exciting though.

Has anyone had any dreams that have actually happened?

I've had a few inconsequential dreams that have happened. There are a couple that I really remember because they were so vivid and slightly odd too.

I was sitting in the college canteen at a particular table, chatting to a guy that I had only ever spoken to twice, and on those occasions whilst sitting at different tables. As we were chatting, he said, "there's Jill", (Jill was one of our lecturers), so I turned, saw a girl wearing jeans with long blonde hair walk though the canteen and out through the door, and then spotted Jill, pottering along with arms over-loaded with bags and books. I thought, "shall I call out 'hello' to her, then decided against it as she was slightly deaf and I didn't want to embarrass myself. So instead I turned back to the guy and and carried on chatting.
I remember waking up from it thinking how odd it was, because it was so dull and uninteresting, and why was I sitting with this guy?

Anyway, a couple of days later I was sitting in the canteen with the same guy, just because he happened to sit down in order to say hello. We were chatting away and suddenly, the guy said, "There's Jill", and it was as though my dream were being replayed before my very eyes. Every detail was identical to the dream, including my thoughts on calling out 'hello'. VERY bizarre.

All of the other dreams have been equally mundane, but have struck me as a kind of enormous dejavu.

However, possibly the strangest was a dream I had when I was 12. I dreampt that I was studying for A-Levels at an infant school, and I came out of a class-room, turned to close the door, which was Royal Blue, and then turned back to a friend who had black hair. It was odd ebcuase I wasn't planning on doing A-Levels, my plan was just to beocme an actress.

Anyway, when I was 18, I came out of an A-Level lecture, turned to close the door and had, as previously described, the most intense dejavu, and then it hit me that I had dreamed this. The building was an old infant school, the door was blue and the girl I was with had black hair.

VERY odd...

Most of these true dreams were either dreamt or reinacted while I was attending that particular college.

I must confess that whilst I've never had a dream come true, my dreams do follow a rather bizarre pattern.
They tend to take place in a particular town. This town does not exist anywhere but in my head. It has particular landmarks, shops and features such as woods and rivers nearby. Their location in reference to each other never changes and I have had many, many dreams set within this town. I do not know it's name and I have never been there, however I think it may be made up from parts of places that I know, yet are subtly different. I find it very odd that these distinct features should re-occur so many times and always unchanged.
I'm sorry that this is not quite an exact follow on from your post but I thought it sufficiently linked as to be interesting.

Take care y'all,

Nick. :)

I had a dream the other night that I was having a torrid affair with Kelly Holmes.

I've never really thought about the double Gold-medallist that way before, but in the dream I was *so* into her, and it was awesome!

So maybe Kelly will set her sights on a podgy IT geek from Croydon. What better way to cap her outstanding year?!

Conners said:
I had a dream the other night that I was having a torrid affair with Kelly Holmes.

I've never really thought about the double Gold-medallist that way before, but in the dream I was *so* into her, and it was awesome!

So maybe Kelly will set her sights on a podgy IT geek from Croydon. What better way to cap her outstanding year?!

Ah....yes....that would be quite an achievment Connors :D

Hi! New girl here! Hope you don't mind me just crashing in like this, but I wanted to share my weird dream experience.

I dreamt I was sitting in the work canteen, chatting to my friend, Cheryl. She was telling me that she was pregnant, & was incredibly happy about it. It was incredibly vivid, I can still remember how she had tears in her eyes as she said “I can’t explain it, I’m just so happy”. Because it seemed so real, I mentioned it to my then-boyfriend when I awoke, & told Cheryl about it when I saw her on the Monday at work.

It was unusual as she had always said she never wanted children, & even though she had been married for about a year at that point, had no intention of having children till much later (she was 20 at the time)- if at all.

No more was said about it, though, until a month later when, having an unusually heavy & painful period, she went to the doctors, who confirmed she had miscarried, but had been about 4 weeks pregnant! What’s more spooky is, the only time she could have conceived, according to her, was that night!

It's odd, becasue until then she had been vehemently anti-baby, but seemed to change after that & ended up having a little girl about a year & a half later. It's almost like I had the dream on her behalf!

Thanks for listening!

Prince.

I sometimes have had dreams about people I have never met and some time later I actually do meet them. The dreams are very vivid and seem to be set in other times but i recognise the people as soon as I see them and they seem to be drawn to me as well.
I even promised to marry my husband before I met him and he had a heartshaped birthmark on his arm in the dream. I met him about a month later and it was some months later at the beach when he took off his shirt that I saw the birthmark on his arm.

They tend to take place in a particular town. This town does not exist anywhere but in my head. It has particular landmarks, shops and features such as woods and rivers nearby. Their location in reference to each other never changes and I have had many, many dreams set within this town. I do not know it's name and I have never been there, however I think it may be made up from parts of places that I know, yet are subtly different. I find it very odd that these distinct features should re-occur so many times and always unchanged.

the same happens to me. I seem to enter a constantly evolving 'metaworld' when I dream. Not only are certain features constant, they apparently age as I do, and tend to signify particular ideas or emotions: For example, 'the twilight city' is clearly a dream version of my hometown, and I enter it when I feel trapped or held back about something. As I've ascribed connotations and meanings to this world, my dreams have become increasingly realistic.

Isis,

I find that fascinating! I seem to remember someone telling me about a similar thing happening to them, but only once.

Have you had any instances of clairvoyance or telepathy?

Lusitania

Yes I've found that the closest friends and my daughters seem to often share thoughts with me. It's a bit spooky really as if we are at a market I'll just think "Hmm that looks interesting and my youngest will say :No Mummy you don't need that", and she often answers before I've spoken.
Before my Father was in a bad car accident I knew there would be an accident for about 3 weeks before but I thought it would be my husband and kept warning him to be careful.
I seldom get any surprise presents either because I always somehow think of them before I get them.
Sometimes it's like a thought gets stuck in my head until it happens.

Many years back my wife and I were having trouble conceiving a child. It was a completely emotionally devastating situation for both of us because our previous (our second) child had died in infancy and the medical situation was such that we had a slim chance and a very narrow window of opportunity to succeed.

One morning immediately after one of our (very rigorously scheduled) attempts, I awoke from a brief but very vivd dream. In that dream I saw my wife cradling a blond baby girl and my older daughter standing on tip toes to see her face. The baby girl turned her head and smiled at her. I woke up feeling as certain as anything I have ever been certain about that my wife was pregnant with a blond girl child. It turned out she was, and what's more the new baby looked exactly like the baby in my dream.

I used to dream about a blond, blue-eyed boy who said he was coming to me soon, and that I already knew his name. Saw him when I was awake too. He's 23 now and backpacking in Australia! :)

When I was pregnant with my second daughter I dreamt that I went through labour and delivered a baby girl. The nurse brought her over to me and said "Well here's your third baby daughter".
I woke up and thought" How strange this is my second baby I'm having.", and a few weeks later had my second daughter.
Eight years later I had another daughter and it happened just as in my dream.

I used to dream (years ago) about the death of my girlfriends, immediately before us breaking up for some reason. The thing that struck me about this was that it was more slapstick than sinister usually....almost as though it was part of a sit-com where someone was murdered. Hard to explain really....

I did have one dream which I considered a premonition years ago, where I dreamt that my gf of the time was slow dancing with this particular guy. I told my friend about this and when in town later that day, a friend of my gf stopped me and told me that the previous night, my gf had indeed been with that very guy.

I thought it was a premotition at the time however since I realise that it was just the fact that I was subconsiously worried about the scenario I dreamt about.

I dreamed last night that there was blood on the ground outside my back door.

This afternoon, the builder and I were taking away the scrap and rubbish from my home improvements, and I found a big patch of BLOOD exactly as in my dream! :eek:

It was actually a bottle of Redex that one of us must have stepped on....:rolleyes:

Still eh.

Years ago when I was a teenager, my mother used to write to an American family. One night I dreampt that I could see them sitting together, singing.
The next day we received through the post, a tape recording of them singing hymns (or similar). It COMPLETELY freaked me out at the time.

I`ve had other, oddly "premature" dreams, not usually about anything very important (although I did dream I was having another baby before actually discovering that I was pregnant.)
I do get hunches or "feelings" that I`ve learnt over the years to take notice of - once again over fairly trivial matters.

MsT

Every few months I have a prophetic dream. What I mean by this is, basically, that I have a very vivid dream about, for instance, talking with colleagues or eating breakfast etc. - every detail is brought to life, from colours to direct speech. Usually I am unable to directly recall the subtle details on waking - as I enter the land of non-nod things seem to slip away from my mind. But at the very least I am aware the next morning that during the night I had some form of 'different' dream.

However, the important (and relevant for this thread!) point is that, following such dreams, I can be 100% certain that the events will follow in the coming day. They will occur directly as they happened in my dream and the details will come flooding back about half a minute before the events themselves.

Perhaps the most complex example fo this happened about seven years ago when I was still at school. I had had one of my 'special' dreams in which I had been standing amongst a group of five friends arranged in a circle and chatting about some general subject (I forget what - though probably about a girl in the year above lol). In the dream there was extensive dialogue - everyone spoke and the speech was linked ie it wasn't nonsense.
Strangely though I had said nothing (not like me lol). Anyway I awoke knowing that this had been a 'special' dream but it quicly slippped from my mind as usual. However, later that day, at school, I got a tingling sensation down my spine as I walked, alone, into the locker room. Within hlf a minute (probably sooner though I cant remember) I was joined by the very same friends as I had seen in my dreams - each stood in a circle in the exact place that I had seen in the dream. What was strange though was that I felt paralyzed - I couldn't move and I couldn't speak - yet. However, my mind was still working (perhaps ahead of time?) and I was fed (best way i have of describing it) the lines which my friends would next say. So I was stood there knowing exactly what everyone would say about five seconds before they said it. Needles to say it was very freaky as I couldn't point this strange fact out to them! Stranger still was the fact that I myself jined in the conversation but it didn't feel like me speaking - my friends though responded to me as if it was indeed me. But my mind seemed to be in a different place and it was simply my body responding to them in a pre-ordained fashion.

Anyway this went on for about five minutes - in which I felt like I was living, or at least my mind was, about five seconds into the future. If I could have I would have pointed out to my friends that I knew what they were going to say - but I couldn't!

The strange thing is I had the dream and then I had the later experience of precience. Both, to my mind were linked, as the images from the dream (ie the circle formation, the locker room, the exact friends) were identical to reality. It was just the dialogue which had perhaps slipped from my mind, only to be brought back shortly befor ethe event.

Anyway this is a bit of a ramble so I'll shut up now!

It wasn't a one off though - it seems to happen every few months and I'm trying to work out why and how.

Philiusfog.

dreams coming true

I have had experiences like that, only it was with PLACES. I often dream of places that feel familar to me in my dream, but I know that I've never been there before. Then there will be times when I am driving somewhere, I see a place and immedatly a dream that I have not had for a long time (I always have the same dreams twice and recognize them in my dream) comes to my mind and it is the same place that I have had a dream about. It happend quite a bit. Its very strange.

I've had this exact thing happen to me several different times. It's a little bit freaky when it happens, and a little irritating as well. I wish I had the ability to predict big, important things, but it's just menial conversations, and it only occurs a split second beforehand.

In a related vein, my grandmother always would dream of a death the night before it happened; she's Irish, and from what I understand, that's pretty common.

At http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=13120&highlight=dreams
I posted about 3 dreams I had that came true, strangely they all involved animals.

One night I dreamed my dog was writhing, shaking with spasms and foaming at the mouth. I clearly remembered the dream when I awoke, shrugged it off and got on with my morning. It wasn’t long after when I was shocked to see my previously healthy dog do the very thing in my dream. I took him to the vet and as it turned out, he was very ill and within days had to be euthanized. Considering he slept at the foot of my bed, it's possible that he was having convulsions while I was sleeping and I was subconsciously aware of them, thus entering into my dreams.

Years later, I had pet gerbils. I dreamed one of my gerbils died and sure enough, the following day one died. It appeared healthy until then. Ok, that dream could have been just a coincidence.

But the following dream I am about to relate is too detailed to be attributed to coincidence. At the time, I worked outdoors in the nursery of a garden center. I dreamed that I was at work and heard the sound of a cat pitifully mewing. I told my coworker that I heard a cat crying and we traced the sound to a car parked nearby. My coworker went to the car, knelt down next to it, reached up into the wheel well and pulled out a little grey kitten. And so the dream ended.

I went to work the following morning and told my coworker about my dream. Later that morning, he and I were outdoors in the nursery when we heard a cat mewing and followed the sound to a car parked nearby. As in my dream, he knelt down, reached up into the wheel well and pulled out a little grey kitten. I have no way to rationalize this dream!

Deep Sky said:
I must confess that whilst I've never had a dream come true, my dreams do follow a rather bizarre pattern.
I'm sorry that this is not quite an exact follow on from your post but I thought it sufficiently linked as to be interesting.

Take care y'all,

Nick. :)

And I thought I was the only person this happened to. ;)

I've been having dreams that take place in the same "town" for years now. I've dreamt about this place dozens of times, in fact I probably dream about being in this place a couple of times a week. A few years ago I started keeping maps and sketches of it. What I discovered was that the dream town was not a real place, but it is based on a real place.

In layout and appearance, it is very similar to my childhood hometown of Fredericksburg, Virginia. However there are parts of it "borrowed" from other places I've lived or visited. While it's very similar to Fredericksburg, none of the actual landmarks in Fredericksburg exist in the dream town, and none of the landmarks in dream town exist.. anywhere.

When I moved away to the city, I started having dreams that took place in the commercial district of a city that is kind of a cross between Washington DC and New York.

I learned the hard way to pay attention to your precog dreams.

I once dreamt i was alone at night in my car at my university, but my car wouldn't start.
Two nights later, guess what happened! Ever since then, I'm very mindfull if i dream about car trouble.

But it begs the question, was it truly precognitive, or was i subconsciously reacting to the fact that my car hadn't been turning over reliably at the time.

I still remember a dream i had a few years ago. My Mom was across the street and for some odd reason she had a very greatful grin on her face. The atmosphere seemed very dark and elusive. Thats when i heard a very loud deisel truck honk. I turned to look around and saw the truck crash into a nearby building making a loud bang. 2 months later my cousin was on a bus when it crashed into the same nearby building. Thankfully she was ok. since i had that dream i still get chills down my spine when i hear a trucks horn.

I've had things that occur in my dreams actually come to pass within a day or so, but the most memorable was during a mid-morning nap I took after my husband had left for work. I dreamt that he had been pulled over by police & issued a speeding citation. When he returned home from work that night, the first thing I asked was "were you pulled over this morning". He admitted sheepishly that he had been. I think that was the first time I realized there might be something more to it than pure coincidence. (Granted, back then, in the course of 5 or so years, he had a less-than admirable driving record, but I've never had a similar dream prior or since!)

I'm currently reading "Set in Stone", a novel by Robert Goddard, in which precognitive dreams (and other paranormal phenomena) play a big part.

Yes, I know it's FICTION, but I thought readers of this thread would be interested.

This is the second of RG's books I've found - he has a knack of writing very complicated adventure plots, but in such a direct way that they are easy to follow!

I find this thread really fascinating. I've also had the sense of going back to the same place (dreamscape?) in dreams and kind of 'continuing' dreams where I left off... When i was a very young child (about 4 or 5) I had a really vivid dream of a beach with flat clean, sands and clear water (unusual for the uk in the 70's!!) and rocks sticking out of the water that you could wade or swim out to and climb on them and jump into the sea... I was convinced this was a real place and used to ask my mum if we could go back there - needless to say she didn't know what I was on about! I mentioned it to her last night and she remembers me talking about it as a child but doesn't remember us ever having been anywhere like that - I always wonder if I'll come across that beach somewhere (hey, it must've been a cool dream if i can remember it 20 yrs later!) :)

Back