• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams (You've Dreamed; Compendium)

Great dream.

I've had similar dreams (but not the one your friend had, unfortunately), where I feel I'm meeting others and we all know we are dreaming.

A few days back I had a dream where someone was trying to give me his telephone number and I had it in my hand, along with a written mesage, but of course I could remember neither when I woke up.

I've also dreamt I was in the offices of my old boss, and he is talking to people, and I'm sitting there knowing they can't see me, but hearing every word.

Last night I dreamt someone gave me an orange t-shirt with two illustrated faces on for Christmas, but it hasn't come true - I got chocolate and socks 8)

OK, this takes off from the "Moving Pictures" thread, where I last posted. For years now, I've dreamt of attending an out-of-doors cinema where the audience is seated at the foot of a hill, looking up at the skyline. A film is somehow projected onto a sheet of mist (?) which acts as a "receptor" for its holographic properties. A whole 3D scenario then appears on the hill, looking totally realistic - sometimes a cowboy/Indian stand-off, sometimes a medieval battle or other action feature. This lasts for about 20 minutes and everyone is enthralled.
A variation on this dream is one where I visit a funfair where 3D fantasy scenes are created - fairylands and so on that seem to stretch for miles - that visitors stare at over security walls. There are also rides which take people through scenes that are made up out of light and colour but are not solid, but seem so. For example, we may ride in a tramcar ( a real one) along a "promenade" where the people and buildings next to us look real enough to touch but have just a slightly "offbeat" feel to them. Will this entertainment be available in the future, do you think? Will it feel like time-travel as we ride through Ancient Egypt or Sherlock Holmes' London? :shock:

I don't know if it's possible
but it sounds like a really cool dream

Are you wearing special glasses in the dream? I don't think it would be possible in real life without them.

There are many examples of sequences projected in the sky, e.g. against clouds. The Battle of Edge Hill in Warwickshire (English Civil War) was so bloodthirsty it was said that images of scenes from the battle appeared in the sky for days (years?) afterwards.
This might be a little removed from your dream details, but there may be a common link. Or not.

projecting

Very interesting and if what i read is correct very possible too.
I read recently somewhere that a pop group called "The Gorrillaz" (sp?)
have planned for their 2006 concerts to display moving 3D hollograms
of their cartoon type characters they use in their videos on stage with them while they are playing. If this is true then your dream may not be as far fetched as you think :shock:

No, gncxx, I'm not wearing special glasses :). TY for your comments, H James and Slejpner1; I think I remember the Edge Hill story and BIg_Slim, I shall be at that concert!!! :D

I had a very vivid dream last night which freaked me out so much that I actually turned the lights on when I woke up.

I dreamt that I was in bed when I heard a tapping noise at my window (which is on the first floor). I drew back the curtains and was confronted by a young boy on a ladder. He looked about 5-years old, but his face was somehow 'wrong' as if he wasn't young at all.

"You have to let me in," he said. "My daddy's looking for me".

I realised that I was dealing with some kind of vampire. My immediate thought was to push the ladder away from the window and send him crashing to the street below. But he looked so like a child that I couldn't bear to do it.

"You have to let me in," he persisted. "Let me in!"

I knew that he couldn't come in unless I invited him, so I retreated to my bed and sat there petrified to wait the night out. He stayed staring through the window at me, rapping it with his knuckles and repeating his pleas.

Then I finally woke up. Although I realised it was only a nightmare, for a few drowsy minutes I was convinced that some kind of demonic entity had been trying to 'get me' in my dreams, and I was afraid that if I went back to sleep it might renew its attempts.

This 'projection onto a sheet of mist' idea has actually been done successfully - I read about it a couple of years ago.
The technology is almost there.

Disney are doing this now at MGM studio's, Disney World - it's called "Phantasmic" I think, I saw it this spring and it looks just like the original post described it. Uncle Walt delivers the goods again!

A vivid dream I can recall from my childhood features giant holograms projected into the night sky - including a pretty awesome funfair wheel, and a bust of Queen Victoria (which for some reason was whizzing around like a rocket!).

Echoes of the future, maybe?

Nah - just a dream, I reckon. Pretty good one though.

(hmmm - 'bust of Queen Victoria': now I have the image of a giant tit whizzing around the sky. Maybe it's an Underwired Fetishistic Organ, or something...)

This thread is now locked but never fear, there is a brand-spanking new dream thread here

Does anybody experience old dreams catching up to new ones. Recently the cops almost caught me for a bunch of bodies I buried in shallow graves in a series of dreams last year. I know it's paranoia and my subconcious going nutter on itself, but, it's amazing how real it feels and I'll wake up and remind myself that I hav'nt actually killed anybody. Also I had a good one recently where I was running around my old church my both my middle fingers in the air while screaming "this is what jesus really thinks about you" and everybody was agreeing with me.

tonyblair11 said:
Does anybody experience old dreams catching up to new ones. Recently the cops almost caught me for a bunch of bodies I buried in shallow graves in a series of dreams last year. I know it's paranoia and my subconcious going nutter on itself, but, it's amazing how real it feels and I'll wake up and remind myself that I hav'nt actually killed anybody.

Yes, I've had that experinces where events of a dream are squelae of events in another. One of these concerned a murder, though I left the body in an alley rather than buried it...

I slept until mid-morning last Sunday. I'd been dreaming. Dream involved accidentally dropping a circular piece of blue plastic into the main, upstairs toilet bowl, just as I was flushing it. The plastic circle was about the same diameter as the rim of a cup. The plastic floated down to the bottom and stopped the water in the toilet-bowl from emptying. The water in the toilet-bowl was pale blue, because we use those blue toilet-deodorant/cleansers.

In the dream, I stood there in the bathroom, watching the toilet-bowl fill with water, higher and higher. It couldn't escape because of the blue plastic circle that I'd dropped. I was worried the toilet would overflow onto the floor. So I reached down into the bottom of the toilet, trying to find and remove the plastic. Then I woke up.

After waking up, I tottered downstairs. Sleepily said hello to everyone. Made a cup of tea. Then I noticed blue-stains on my husband's hand. I asked him if his pen had leaked again. He laughed and said no -- the stains were the result of accidentally dropping a new cake of toilet-deodoriser into the downstairs toilet-bowl while he was struggling to remove the cistern lid. He said he'd had to reach into the toilet bowl to retrieve it, because otherwise it would have caused the toilet to overflow. Blue dye from the deodoriser had stained his fingers.

The toilet deodorisers are circular, have a plastic covering, are a bit smaller than the diameter of a cup and turn the water blue.

I'd been upstairs, asleep, while my husband was having his little struggle in the toilet bowl, but somehow my mind had been at least partially aware of what was going on and this had been transmitted via my dream.

I've been having re-occuring dreams about the same people/places all my life (not every night, i dream about other things too. just frequently). One in particular I see a lot absolutely insists upon his reality and that he knows he's a 'dream person'.

I also have these dreams where I'm not exactly lucid, as Im not aware i'm dreaming. But I feel like I'm awake and everything I think of happens. But I don't have any power over what happens. It's like I forsee everything a split second before it manifests. It's a little unnerving, especially after I start to realize whats happening I will start 'seeing' very scary things and it's as if the dream is pulling me towards this horrible place. I've been having these dreams a lot recently, I think it's my weird sleeping pattern (I go to bed in the morning and sleep til the afternoon)

My dream last night consisted of someone shouting "TURQUOISE, TURQUOISE, TURQUOISE" at me while I appeared to be on holiday in Rome. What can it mean :?

A very odd dream last night, or this morning, just before waking.

I was with my son and daughter, and my son was aged about 2, the daughter 4 or 5 (so in RL, this would have been about '83).

But we were going on a trip on a pleasure boat that I used to work on during the mid 90's!

The boat was in a really poor condition, and many of the sole-boards (floor boards to landlubbers!) in the main cabin were missing. My son managed to get down into the bilges - and completely disappeared! :shock:

There was no real panic, more bafflement at where he'd gone....

But by now I was waking up, so there was no resolution.

Most odd and disturbing. In RL my son never even saw this boat, or the waters it sails. My brain has somehow stitched together two different periods of my life.

again6 said:
... I'd been upstairs, asleep, while my husband was having his little struggle in the toilet bowl, but somehow my mind had been at least partially aware of what was going on and this had been transmitted via my dream.

Thank you again6. Hoping to find someone sharing experiences like the one you had is the reason I read these threads.

I stayed home from a night out a few years ago because I wasn't feeling well. I dreamt that I was out with my friends, but was outside of their actual group - I was only able to walk around the outside and listen in to their conversation. One of the things stood out in particular (which I won't repeat here as it was kind of private)... the next day one of the girls called me with some gossip - "you'll never guess what Jo said!" It was exactly what I heard in my dream, and they'd all been sat where I had "seen" them.

I have often pondered about such experiences and perhaps we all share a "collective" conciousness with those we are close to, or just people as a whole.
One that is only accessable when in an altered state of mind. such as dreaming or a trancelike state.
Or maybe I just ponder too much.

this has been bothering me a lot over the years. does anyone else's brain manufacture entire sets of memories for their dreams? i often have dreams where (while not entirely lucid, as im not specifically in control of whats going on) im absolutely aware that im dreaming, and just go with it. and i end up in a place, or with a person, or in a situation that i realize ive dreamed about many times before. a lot of times this inspires feelings of great joy at seeing the person or place again, conjures up a whole host of very specific memories of previous dreams ive had there or with them or whatever, and starts long conversations wherein i "catch up" with them on whatevers happened since i last dreamt of them. as you can tell, this happens most often with people i meet in dreams, but also with certain buildings or landscapes. then i finally wake up and i realize that id never had that dream before or anything remotely like it. so whats happening? have i just forgotten the previous dreams, despite my certainty that ive never had anything like them before, or does my brain just go overboard giving me histories and background details to enhance the experience? its really fun while im having the dreams, but quite baffling when i wake up.

Do you think it's a form of "lucid dreaming" only with you being someone else instead of yourself? Therefore, you're not in complete control?

On Friday night I dreamed I was a passenger in my work mate's car.
Backing in to a parking space, he hit and damaged the front wing of another car. I could see he was going wrong, and tried to grab the wheel, but it didn't help.

This was slightly odd, as in RL I have never been in his car at all! I don't think he has turned up in my dreams before either.

I've just posted this as a record, in case he does have a scrape this w/e and my dream was a prediction! :shock:

(I won't see him again till Tuesday.)

Dreams

I need some psychological help here or whatever.
I had a dream some days ago and it’s been with me ever since.
Quite simple really: I was looking at the bottom of my trouser legs, which were very frayed and ragged. I took a pair of scissors and trimmed them and they looked like new.
All my non-dream trousers are in quite good condition. What is this all about?
Can anyone make any suggestions?

Your subconscious is telling you that some of your ideas about the world are not really as tidy as you would like, hence you need to trim them more neatly.

Conspiracy theories are often pretty ragged, with lots of loose ends - maybe you subscribe to some ideas along those lines...? ;)

PS to Mods: there are already millions of Dream threads (well, about 50...) so perhaps some mergerisation is called for? (Especially as there is already a thread called Dreams...)

Back