• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams (You've Dreamed; Compendium)

Thanks, Angelo, for your kind words (and generous grading system!)

I'm always curious as to how relevant my ramblings might be, and appreciate your feedback.

But.... great! I'm glad I could be of some help!

If you have any other dreams that may be haunting you, I'd be happy to try to help untangle those, as well.

[I never know when to butt-into someone's postings in this thread, but enjoy playing at interpretations...so let me know (Angelo....anybody) if you'd like me to take a stab at a dream.]

-Sudi :)

(P.S. I feel I should note that I am not trained for this sort of thing. It's just a hobby. :)

weirdo dreams

I have a recurring dream when I'm ill.I'm running along a featureless plain with a very large boulder rolling along right behind me Indiana Jones style(this predated Indy by more years than I care to remember) the first curious thing is my legs are flying out like Penelope Pitstop's and I'm not scared of the boulder its just there.After a while there is a little wooden white gatewhich stands open at the side of the road and a little blonde haired girl who quite solemnly gives me a margarite type daisy. I run along the road again for a short while and suddenly I find myself in a control room rather like in Stargate SG1 with a lot of men in white coats then I wake up. Usually either heaveing my guts up or trying to cough my lungs inside out.:madeyes:

I'd like to find out the significance of big cats in dreams especially lions. Practically every dream that I have now features a pride of lions lazing around somewhere and on the odd occasion when I pluck up enough courage to approach them they go crazy and I find myself scrambling up a tree to avoid them, to no avail of course and I get this awful feeling of doom as I know I'm going to end up as a meal for their cubs. Help!

Thanks for that sudi. You were dead right of course. The funny thing was I thought it was because my star sign was Leo. My mothers is Capricorn, so I imagine her dreams to have a goat lurking around somewhere.

----------------------------
Douglas tells us: The funny thing was I thought it was because my star sign was Leo. My mothers is Capricorn, so I imagine her dreams to have a goat lurking around somewhere.
----------------------------

(Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know if my guess was in the ballpark. :)

It's strange how when we look at own dreams, that we are most likely to see a symbol as something that makes the most immediate linear sense, (I.E. the lions = Leo.) But it appears that our subconscious acts more like a Boolean search engine to develop a language of symbols, mostly pictorial, to deal with (mostly) dilemmas that affect us emotionally, through our psyches.

Some symbols are universal, it seems, the things that Jung referred to as Archetypes, but each of us have another sub-set of dream symbology (developed since birth,) that have a unique meaning to us, alone.

Keeping a dream journal sometimes helps to start recognizing the symbols that we use repetitively in our indiviualized dream language system.

I really like the idea thatyour Mom would have goats running rampant through her dreams...I'm a Libra, the only inanimate symbol in the Zodiac, which actually fits and reflects my sluggish nature very well. :)

(Let me know if I can help with any others!)

-Sudi

I like to think of dreams as the brains way of defragging. Weird and wonderful to the nightmareish scenarious involving 12 foot angry rabbits with baseball bats- it all has meaning or a purpose.
Also, if there is more to life than being intelligent monkeys trying to keep our endorphin levels high and balanced then I think dreams would be a great media for a god or otherwordly person to give us signs. I dream alot, sometimes i remember the dream for years sometimes i forget before my breakfast. DReams are great :)

I've been having precognitive dreams lately. Nothing world shattering, just minor incidents, but precognitive nonetheless. I've mentioned before about the postcard from my American friend the other week with bears on it, after I'd dreamt she'd sent me parcels containing teddy bears.

Then I dreamt I was smoking a huge moth, and a huge, Concorde type one landed on my son's bed the other night.

Then I dreamt about some rubber stamps on my desk at work, which all had spelling mistakes on them and the next morning the rubber stamp I'd ordered from the stationers turned out to have a spelling mistake on it.

Carole

carole said:
Then I dreamt I was smoking a huge moth, and a huge, Concorde type one landed on my son's bed the other night.

Carole, honey--better stick to booze. :)

I have a recurring dream that I'd love for Sudi to interpret for me. I'm inside a truly enormous room, several miles long and equally wide, and a miles-high ceiling. The room is almost featureless, except for a huge ledge that I am standing on. The room is white and lit by some sort of indirect light; almost as if the walls and ceiling are translucent with a light source behind them. Suddenly a powerful, gale force wind blows me off the ledge and I fall and fall for a long long time. When I land, I've landed in a huge lump of clay and begin to sink, as if in quicksand. Just as the clay is filling my mouth, I see a large rope which had been embedded in the clay being pulled up and out by some unseen person or force. As the rope is drawn from the clay, it "cuts" the clay and leaves a slash mark in the clay. Does anyone recall playing with clay as a child, and how it looked when you pulled an embedded hair out of the clay? That was the image. And the last thing I see, before I drown in the clay. I wake immediately after.

Since I've had this dream several times in my life, I'd love an interpretation.

Hi-

It's done!

I sent it your way, via PM service...I just figured I'd let you know here also, in case this is how you will get an email notice it's ready..!

Thanks-
Sudi

carole said:
The Toilet dream. I'm absolutely DESPERATE to go to the loo and either I can't find one, or the only one I can find is in the middle of the high street/has no door/is indescribably filthy, etc etc. NB, no, I've never wet the bed!!!

Thank you for writing about that, Carole. I have the same sort of dream! Never thought to ask whether other people had that dream, too. I do know that many people (including myself) have the "going to final exams for a class you didn't know you even signed for" dream. Brrrrrr.

Mythopoeika said:
The strange thing is, it felt like I had *physically* fallen onto the bed when I woke up... :eek:

That reminded me of a dream I had when I was about 12. I was floating in the air just musing around looking at things. Then, I realized that I had to get up for school. As I woke up, I put my hand down to support myself while rising, only to find that the mattress was below me and I could just touch it with my fingertips. The moment I realized that, I woke completely and fell onto the bed.

Just to follow up on my earlier post, Sudi did interpret my dream and did a wonderful job. Sudi, you should do it professionally! You could go around to all the fairs and fesitvals and do dream interpretations....

to quote her interpretation:
Rooms or houses are usually the way we see our physical bodies. There are several terms you used which lead me in the direction of defining the "enormous room" as how your ego relates to your physical self. (This does not mean that you are an "enormous" person, necessarily, but could mean that you sometimes feel overwhelmed by the physical aspects of your body. Even if you are the perfect size (whatever that is!) you could still occasionally feel that you are dealing with re-defining the way others see you.)

My guess is that as a pre-verbal infant, the issue of self-definition, between ego and body, that is, remained an unformed aspect of your persona, and so it sometimes still pops up in this dream form, when a "real life" issue involving how you see yourself crops up. (Any job interviews lately? Hmmmmnnn?
We often scrutinize ourselves ad infinitum when we have to imagine just how others might see us, and a job interview is usually a universal experience of self-analysis. But something like that? Maybe even a wedding, when you might feel like you're on "display" and being evaluated?)

There are no other people in this dream, meaning you are not projecting any personalized aspects of your own ego onto another dream "person." Dream "people" are all some aspect of ourselves. This might indicate that the dream first appeared very early in life before a persona began to develop. ("Persona" being the "face" we choose to show the world.) The "featureless" aspect of the room would also reinforce the extremely early origins of this dream...you must have been a baby with no self-formed reflection of yourself. (As all babies don't, after all In other words, any personality traits were as yet unformed.

In the dream, you fall, or are blown, by a gust of wind at "gale" force...this could be a pun. Do you know anyone named Gale? Someone with a forceful personality? The wind force is your own perception of an uncontrollable element. Something an infant or child would assign an unknown power greater than them, perhaps. This power pushes you into your sub-conscious, below.

You have also chosen "clay" as a symbol in this dream, and I would imagine, that it was one of the first objects that your subconscious attached any significance to. In some cultures and religions, clay is a metaphor for flesh.
But by falling from the ledge you descend into the subconscious, where you begin to drown. In clay. In flesh. (We store all the things we don't wish to deal with in the present (they don't have to be extraordinarily bad things, either, just stuff we don't want to process in the present,) and my best guess is that this dream is an early cognizance of your being an individual with his/her own corporeal boundaries.

You have a rope pulled by an unseen force, from above, from your super-consciousness in the white room above, and that would connect you back to the more pristine world above. It "cuts" the clay....I could venture to say that this could be an extraordinarily primitive memory of the umbilical cord, the first "life line" and source of nourishment, which you were "cut" off from, in order to be be born.

This clay also suffocates you, fills your mouth and you drown. This might mean you were just beginning to connect the fact that food (something in your mouth,) creates flesh. It could be an early realization that subconsciously, food creates body image.

I've had to (kind of,) work my way through this because I think it is a very significant recurring dream, which defines some basic human, universal, experiences... even though they affect us each individually.

But I think the bottom line is:
This dream began when you became aware of yourself as a physically oriented individual & as you were just beginning to develop a persona.

I think that it crops up as a recurring dream when you must deal with body image or how you think others might see you. And beneath that, the very ancient, (in your psyche's history, that is,) realization that you control that image through food and it's poweful abilty to "drown" you, or suffocate you in flesh.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

((In case anyone is wondering, no, I'm not "drowning in flesh" or overweight.))

I told Sudi:

Actually I do think you are correct. I have not had this dream lately, but looking back I recall I HAVE had it when I have to appear before others, e.g. job interviews, first day in a new school etc. Interestingly enough, physical self-image is not a pivotal thing for me; it's still, at age 40, nebulous. I'd have to say that I tend to be surprised sometimes by what I see in the mirror, and when I think of "self" it's never (never ever, in fact) even in part a body or face definition, but all the inner things instead. I often feel as if I am inside my body, looking out, inhabiting it, rather than being it.

Other things that tend to make me think that you are correct in your interpretation: I was breast fed. I think that might give one a different attitude about food, they say breast fed kids tend not to get obese. As a child I was always very skinny, to the point where my mom took me to the doctor. Doctor said "she's healthy, some kids are just skinny". I guess just didn't care about food or eating enough to overeat. Now food is the focus of my creativity, as I love to cook, to create new and different dishes, and want to go back to school to become a chef. I also like the nurturing aspect of cooking for others.

I'd love someone to have a go at interpreting the dream I had last night. I remembered it so well when I woke up.

I was going to a big building with a friend (no idea who it was, just aware of their presence). The building looked very old and scruffy outside, but when we went inside it was like a huge museum. It was beautiful and ornate, not at all like its dingy exterior. I said to my friend how wonderful the place was and how I could spend the whole day there. In fact, I think we did. We kept wandering around the different rooms and everywhere I went I noticed the thick and richly patterned carpets. There were beautifully ornate banisters around the impressive staircases and I was aware that there were lots of rooms to look around that I hadn't seen yet. I kept getting tantalising glimpses of each room from the main stair way and wanted to explore every bit of the place. I saw some stuffed animals in one huge room. They were in cases and I remember seeing polar bears and brown bears, a whale, maybe a tiger.

Never dreamed anything like that before. I'd love to know someone's interpretation of it.
I'd ask for the interpretation of my dream the night before too, but it's probably something dodgy from what I remember! It was a nice dream though. :eek:

Originally posted by sudi
That you say "for me is a one way street," could mean you are dealing with an issue which is a "dead-end," perhaps, or one in which you are doing all the giving with no return. And that you need some illumination on the problem.
Sudi, I didn't see this until just now and I have to say you were pretty damn close to the mark. Quite why my subconcious decided to put it in those terms is beyond me though :D

Any takers for deciphering Sprout's weird dream?

I usually have very boring dreams. This one, however, I had last night really takes the cake. And, also unusually, I can remember it incredibly well...

Me and my girlfriend went to the Bradford Museum of Film and Television (god knows why!), except it wasn't anything of the sort when we got there, it was a kinda arena of bizarre things, set up, kind of arranged in a similar manner to London Zoo.

We went into this room, which the kind of keeper guy said housed a "Talking lake" (yes I know) that had come into existence (???!!!) due to the recent Holly and Jessica business, cos everyone had "had the same dreams" about it (?!). The lake was a pool of water, which had a soft female voice, which started talking to my girlfriend, and really scared her. We left, and this pissed off the lake, which responded by sending a small raincloud after us, which rained on us for a bit, but we outran it...

...to cheer us up we went up a path to look at the bears (?!), but they weren't real bears, they were kind of scary clockwork-looking robot bears!...

...and then I woke up.

Answers on a postcard please :confused: (And no, I haven't touched any drugs...)

Spooky Angel tells Us:

I was going to a big building with a friend (no idea who it was, just aware of their presence). The building looked very old and scruffy outside, but when we went inside it was like a huge museum. It was beautiful and ornate, not at all like its dingy exterior. I said to my friend how wonderful the place was and how I could spend the whole day there. In fact, I think we did. We kept wandering around the different rooms and everywhere I went I noticed the thick and richly patterned carpets. There were beautifully ornate banisters around the impressive staircases and I was aware that there were lots of rooms to look around that I hadn't seen yet. I kept getting tantalising glimpses of each room from the main stair way and wanted to explore every bit of the place. I saw some stuffed animals in one huge room. They were in cases and I remember seeing polar bears and brown bears, a whale, maybe a tiger.

-------------------------
(Another dream interpretation attempt from me:)

(Full Disclosure Confession: Spooky mentioned to me that this dream occurs at a particular time, usually when not feeling well. So I have a starting point in this attempt. In a dream group (Jungian,) that I used to attend, we would have the "dreamer" recount the dream, & we would ask questions of certain aspects and then interpret it. So I'm keeping the fact that this dream comes up when feeling unwell in mind.)

------------------------

First off, the building, which is your view of your physical self is "scruffy." This would fit into the fact that you said this dream pops up when you feel ill.

You are probably not a hypochrondriac and consider colds or the flu a limited inconvenience, since in this dream, you recognize, that even though the "outside" may be "old and scruffy," your persona, (yourself, who you see yourself to be, that is,) is very interesting to you, as a person, because you have envisioned your "interior" as a museum, and a pleasant one, at that. This is not a form of conceit, but just means you would probably like yourself as person, if you met yourself on the street. :) You don't connect the physical portion of yourself with who you are as person, it would seem.

The faceless "friend" who has come along with you, (who is really an aspect of yourself,) reinforces the possibility that you enjoy your own company and find satisfaction in being alone, or discovering new ideas and information for the sake of learning. Had you given this friend an identity of any sort, I would have said that you were projecting those identities you want to disown in yourself, onto this friend, but this friend just seems to be a "twin" in your adventure, someone to share the musem with; in other words you like to share adventures alone, or with yourself. (Maybe you are a lifetime student, or a teacher of sorts.) In fact, I bet you're the type of introspective person that might even welcome a sick day at home in order to catch up on reading or some kind of educational pursuit that you have as a hobby.

You say you "could spend the whole day there," instead of the whole night. Day is the productive time for most people, and it also the illuminated portion of our lives. (The fact that you chose a museum leads in this direction. For two reasons. A museum is a storage house of artifacts that are suppose to educate. Your subconscious could have chosen a department store, during evening hours, to spend the time in for example, but didn't. I could guess at what the significant differences in these two places, and the hours chosen, would be for you on an individual level, but on the surface it would appear that they would be universally identifiable differences, in any case. ;) The museum being primarily to educate and store intellectual facts for the future; the department store, for instance, supplying goods for the present, on a more physical level.

The overall ambiance of the dream setting would indicate that your ego has a very free-flowing connection to all of your levels of consciousness. Your subconscious is connected by "ornate bannisters," and "an impressive staircase," to your higher realms of consciousness.

You describe the embellishments as "beautiful," so this would mean that you approve of and are comfortable with, the architectural aesthetics that your subconscious has designed in giving you access to the many rooms in your psyche. The "richly patterned carpets" supply a padded, interesting route, which also facilitates travel throughout your dreamscape. In other words, your subconscious has many things for you to explore in its museum, and has supplied ample means of access via stairs and carpeting. And it is taking very good care of these items or issues by placing them carefully in cases. The environment, as comfortable as it is, indicates you are more than willing to examine them...no fears here about buried pasts; on the contrary, you relish the exploration. (The "cases" could also be a visual pun...any lawyers in the family?)

Now. What are the objects in the cases, and what do they symbolize? They are in your beautifully decorated, multi-layered, many roomed "museum," (your subconscious,) packed in "cases," which must have been a transparent material, since you see them. These could have been in boxes made of some opaque material, where you couldn't see them without some work. This seems that you have no secrets from yourself. You deal with things out front, openly, I would guess.

As for the individual meaning of the objects....this is where I would ask you, "If you were talking to someone from Venus and they had NO IDEA what a polar bear, a whale or a tiger was, how would you describe them?" Even beyond words like"animals" because the Venusian has no inkling of what an "animal" is...you must give explicits as to habits, temperaments, physical descriptions, etc. This way, you discover the personalized meaning of the objects your subconscious selected. You can try jotting down some descriptions and see where that leads you.

The animals, even though stuffed, (I would guess this means that they are truly "symbols" of your issues in the subconscious, and fully in your control, unlike they would be had you chosen to make them "real" and living, unwieldy animals in the dream.)

My generalized interpretation of the polar bears for instance, would be that being an animal that dwells in a frozen climate, they may represent an issue you've stored (put on ice, maybe) to deal with later, and realize it is still lurking in the background, but blending in with your life's 'landscape.' Since Polar bears do just that, with their white coats. But Polar bears have some size to them, so it's probably a fairly important issue, just not one you are too concerned with, and you may take your time with. Frozen things keep until you decide to de-frost them. This issue will keep, also.

The whale, another large mammal, lives underwater. Going into water or underwater generally symbolizes delving into the subconscious. Here, in the subconscious, (in your museum,) you have another layer of deeper subconsciousness. But you are still aware of what's dwelling there. After all, you could have, in this dream, placed the water in a tank, with no visibilty...but you didn't. The whale is a sizable issue within the subconscious. it breathes air, unlike fish, meaning that this issue surfaces frequently (to breathe, to live.) It could be a reference back to the dream popping in during illnesses. If you have a recurring, aggravating chronic illness, this whale could be it.

And the tiger.......a very big, hungry instinct roving around the museum...even though "stuffed," I would say he is your hunger for knowledge.
---------------------
Thanks for letting me attempt an interpretation of your dream today, Spooky Angel, it was a pleasant aside from studying for my architectural drafting test...<ugh>
-Sudi :)

Addendum/Clarification!!

If anyone is curious, I accidentally got another dreamer's information tangled into Spooky's dream...(the part about it popping up at times of illness...that information really DIDN'T apply Spooky's,) anyway...I think the interpretation might still work as a general interpretation,...just not as explicitly as it would if the "Full Disclosure" hadn't been activated!

Sorry!
-Sudi

(duh)

I had the most bizzare dream last night. I was at work, only the people in the dream were not my co-workers IRL. And we didn't work in a building, we were on a beach. Strewn on the beach was a mish-mash of people's posessions, some of which were mine, and the tide was coming in. I grabbed the things that were mine to rescue them from the water, and it turned out all my stuff was pairs of shoes! Mostly dressy shoes, too.

At any rate, there was some important thing to do, and no one wanted to do it (what needed to be done is now unclear to me, altho in the dream I knew what it was). Finally I sort of threw up my hands and said "Fine, I'll do it!" To accomplish the task I needed directions from my boss. He was in a small wooden boat, sort of a flat bottomed boat like old ferrys used to be build. The boat was out in the water and I had to swim out to him to talk to him. There was a lot of stuff in the water, and once I reached the boat, I realized that the stuff in the water was a lot of dead bodies. The water was very clear, a pretty aquamarine blue, with fully clothed bodies floating on the water or just under the surface. I wanted to get out of the water then, but my boss would not let me get into the boat. There were other people in the boat but either not enough room for another, or some other excuse. I was told I needed to get back to shore and start working on this task.

I don't think the dream was over but the alarm went off then.

Sudi?

Thanks, Sudi, that was great. :)
Nice to know I'm so at peace with myself. You're right I do enjoy my own company and interesting to see you saying about education because I'm a teacher, and a very happy one at that. :)
Next time I have a vivid dream, I'll write it down. I had another vivid one the other day, but forgot it too quickly! I never have time to sit down and recount dreams, unfortunately.

You're welcome, Spooky.

Here is a link you all might enjoy perusing:

http://www.slowwave.com/

It is a site where an artist takes actual dreams that people send in, and draws a four-panel cartoon, using the dream's content.

The archives will keep you there for a while, I bet.

-Sudi

I awoke this morning having dreamed that my baby had been kidnapped and had been returned to me much later, when she had learned a different language and only barely remembered me.

This baby was actually my youngest child, who also appeared in the dream. When I saw both 'versions' of the child together I felt very relieved, as did the 'real' daughter.

My ex-husband had some part in all this and I loudly blamed him, especially as he was now speaking with a guttural foreign accent.

My interpretation is that I am angry and worried about my youngest child's rejection of further education. She is living with her father (my ex) and I feel he has acted irresponsibly in not encouraging her to go to college.

But even though I am angry, she is still my baby and I feel responsible for her.

Dunno...............

This is the worrying dream I had - it wasn't worrying in content, but in the reality of it.
Basically I have a recurring dream where I go abroad on holiday. I've never been abroad so this is something "different" for me. It's got to be a habit that when I dream that I'm abroad, I go "oh, this is my recurring dream, I'm dreaming here!" then I become lucid, or I wake up.

Today however, the dream was SO real that when I asked myself if it was a dream I truly believed it wasn't. I remember thinking "well this definitely feels real, so for once it's not the dream! I've actually done this!".

What's so scary about this is the level to which I was convinced it was real. When I awoke, and was standing in the shower, I was thinking "yes, this is real. I know that. It's obvious" but then I remembered how I'd thought that in the dream too.

I'm kind of questioning my entire sense of reality now!! Ok, so I "Know" that at the moment what I am doing is "real", but in the dream I was that sure too.

So who knows what is real.

Frightening!

pinkle

Concerning dream...

I had this dream that has left me a bit disturbed and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on it. It was pretty clear and I will describe it as best as I can:

I'm walking down the road in downtown Beruit, during an attack by the Seventh Day Eventist faction that leaves corpses and rubble everywhere. Whilst I'm wading through this stream of blood with naked bodies floating in it, I hear a call from above. My mother is leaning out of an upstairs window of an apartment block and asks me if I want to go out on a date. I say "sure" and she replies "you'll have to kill dad first. He is hunting you at the moment because he wants to castrate you."

(okay, this sounds bizarre, but I'm just relaying the dream).

Anyhow at that point a nun, who looks remarkably like my older brother who used to bully me mercilessly when we were younger, stops me and asks for directions to the local disco. I become suddenly enraged and beat the nun mercilessly to death with a can of peaches that I spy amongst the rubble. Whilst going beserk I'm screaming: "Who's laughing now, shrimpo?" over and over. At that point my dad leaps out of the rubble and starts to chase me through the ruins, brandishing a razor. He doesn't say anything, just grins and despite my best efforts i cannot seem to run, only sort of crawl along the ground.

That's about when I usually wake up in a sweat. I am seriously disturbed by the implications of this dream.

I hate peaches, particularly canned ones, so why the hell are they present in the dream? Could the peaches represent an inner fear of committment and intimacy in my personal relationships? Or could the tinned peaches represent a more direct message, to say the lack of a balanced diet which will one-day see me getting diabetes or scurvy? Perhaps the peaches are representative of red blood cells and I have an underlying guilt for never having donated blood (I always tell my peers I have a rare and contagious type of hepatitus, whenever the call for blood donations goes around the workplace). maybe the tin of peaches is a subliminal admission of how my refusal to eat certain foods as a child may have caused pain and concern in my parents and the guilt is finally catching up with me.

I truly don't know. If anyone can tell me the significance of the canned peaches I would be greatfull and will undoubtively sleep a lot more soundly.

Re: Concerning dream...

Crooked said:
I truly don't know. If anyone can tell me the significance of the canned peaches I would be greatfull and will undoubtively sleep a lot more soundly.

I think the peaches represent your tendancy to reject anything that dosent have to do with peaches. That or you subconsciously want to get your hands on your mothers peachy pert behind-or maybe your fathers. I hope I have helped you with your peach problem. It was a peach, by the way.

Death Dream

Last night I dreamed that I was dead but didn't accept that I was. I was walking through the streets with someone I knew, who I also knew was important to me, but I have no idea who it was. Maybe it was some kind of composite person. Anyway, they kept telling me that I had to move on, that I couldn't stay here. I kept replying that I could stay if they would stay with me. We carried on walking through the streets and I was in a kind of daze, then all of a sudden the colour started leeching out of my surroundings until they became completely black and white. Then I looked around and realised that the monochrome streets were completely deserted and I was totally alone, the person who was with me had left me. I felt an absolutely crushing sense of fear and isolation and went charging through the streets back the way I came screaming and trying to find my friend.
Eventually the colour came back to my surroundings and I found my friend standing in the street. I ran up to them shouting that they had let me go, that they had deserted me. They replied that they had to, that they had been told that they must let me go.

And that's when I woke up. I think I must have been shouting in my sleep.

Adrian, that reminds me so much of a song - Last Stop This Town by the Eels. This song gives me tingles it's a bit freaky. Just found the lyrics:

You're dead but the world keeps spinning
Take a spin trough the world you left
It's getting dark a little too early
Are you missing the dearly bereft?

Taking a flight, and you could be here tomorrow
Taking a flight, well, you could get here tonight

I'm gonna fly on down for the last stop to this town
- what?
I'm gonna fly on down then fly away
- well allright
get down

Takin' a spin through the neighbourhood
The neighbours scream
Whatcha talkin' bout?
'Cause they don't know how to let you in
and I can't let you out

your father is not your only friend in this world
you take me where you 're going if you 're never coming back

I'm gonna fly on down then fly away
get down

Why don't we take a ride away up high through the neighbourhood
Up over the billboards and the factories and smoke
- yeah
I'm gonna fly on down and fly away on my way
Fly away
get down

---
If you want the song let me know I might be able to email it to you.

pinkle

Last night I dreamed I painted my nose with a satin finish water-based gloss. It looked pretty good. Then later in the dream, it occured to me that you're not supposed to paint your nose, and all sorts of things could be happening to the skin under there, so I washed it off. Analyse that! :spinning

Back