• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams (You've Dreamed; Compendium)

A

Anonymous

to dream a dream???

hi all

im writing this because i just read a toppic about dreams beeing actually vissions

i had a dream like that once,it was about 8 years ago.
i was stil in college,last year.

at that time i was looking for a pet(hamster:D ) and a friend classmate told me i could have one of him.so he invited me over at his place to go get the pet.
as we walked in, his mom was sittin at the table in the livingroom,i could only hear her because we came in trough the kitchen.
al was well got my hamster and drove home.

that night i had this dream,that i was standing in a verry high brick room with all my clasmates except the classmate from the pet,plus all the other students of another class.
in this room was a staercase and we all went up.arriving a level higher there was a coffin,in it lying my friend classmate

this dream i had was about 2 weeks before holliday's,and nothing strange happend,my friend was ok and we all had our "lives".the holliday's started...two weeks later school started again and as soon as we were in the classroom the teacher told us we had to go to a funerral the next day.

next day we were ready to go,but there was a problem for the other class(seen in my dreams) because they couldn't find a substitute for that class they had to go with us.
it turn out to be that my friends mom died of melangitis
(as i never saw his mom,it reflected in my dreams as my friend)
and it happend when she was asleep in her bed
(hence in my dream the upper level)

i never told the guy,and after college never saw him again.
until this day i never had a dream like that annymore.

just telling this so i can get it of my chest,and i do believe in these vissionaire dreams...

was wanderring if more people on this board had simmillair dreams

with regards werner

i've never had any cases of dreams that fortold what would happen a few weeks in advance.
although i have had a few extreme deja fu moments, where i could predict the next few things that would happen.
i've always wanted to have a prediction dream.

I went through quite a spell of having those dream-within-dream dreams. You know, the sort where you "wake up" only to find you are still in the same dream. Normally each time you wake up you progress a little longer along the "dream" which often seems like a normal day - getting ready for school, etc. as I did back then - until something bizarre happens and you realize you are still asleep. The problem with this type of dream is that by the time that you actually do wake up you are exhausted because you feel like you've been awake so long! Is there any explanation for this type of thing?

Altered States

HP Tinker said:
I went through quite a spell of having those dream-within-dream dreams. ... Is there any explanation for this type of thing?

Having these dreams once in a while is pretty normal - I used to have them when I was a kid. One of them seemed to go on for days and I 'woke up' about 10 times. I used to have them most often when I was ill, for some reason.

However, if they're happening all the time or intruding into your waking life then you're likely to have a sleep disorder, poss. a form of narcolepsy. In it's strongest form, the person affected is unable to tell dream from reality, even when they're awake. Which leads to problems, as you might expect.

I heard of one guy, suffering from a similar disorder, who had a single dream that was so vivid and lasted (in his head) so long - 2 full years - that when he woke up he was convinced for several months that the dream had been real and his real life was now a dream.

i had a dream within a dream once...i was in a building being taken over by terrorists...i woke up and went downstairs (but it looked nothing like my kitchen) and put my arms around my partner, except he was black and was wearing a towelling robe, nothing like my partner at the time!! then i woke up....quite strange...

I once dreamt that I had woke up during the night and that my radio was on. I could hear music and people talking on it but I remember thinking I can't be bothered to turn it off. When I did wake up for real I checked my radio and there was no signs that it had been on during the night.

lucydru

I'm not a very organised person. One school night (several years back), I dreamt that I'd forgotten a very important bit of homework, and I was worried sick about it. When I woke up I remembered the dream and immediatly put the work in my bag. Chances are I'd have forgotten it otherwise.

Wow, that was exciting!

Az

I had a dream that Candyman (as in Candyman, Candyman, Candyman) walked over to my bedside alarm clock, switched it on, then turned to me, put his hook to his mouth and went "Ssshhh!" Then I woke up to find my alarm clock was going off. I'm sure everyone's had variants on this one.

They must have...haven't they?

I once dreamed that I'd turned the alarm off without *really* waking up, and awoken later to discover that I was drasticaly late for work.

And when I did wake up, it was true! :eek:

What is the weirdest drean you ever had? Mine was this dream I had that I was possesed. I was a blind girl living in midevil times, I don't remember where it was, but I remember everyone speaking in a differant language that for some reason I could speak and understand, but it wasn't spanish, which is the only other language I can speak. Anyway, I was blind and all my dream was black- no images, just sounds and "knowing things" like that I was in midevil times. I was trying to convince the church that I was really possesed, and a man was helping me, but I failed one of the tests. We were sitting at a table and "the demon" wasn't acting up while the people from the church were there. Because I was blind, they pretened to walk away, and I remarked to the man who was helping me that I could feel the demon was going to do something to me now that the people from the church were gone, and of course they were not, so they decided i was faking it. When I woke up, My room was pitch black so I thought I was still blind, my whole body was sore from shaking and what ever else the demon had made me do, and my throat was sore from growling. I never act out my dreams, so this one was so frightening to me because when I woke up I thought it was still happening!

That's a scary one, for sure, Nikita.

As a rule, I don't remember my dreams. I've only had one dream in my life that I can vividly recall:

In my dream, I left my body and floated up to the ceiling, where I could just see myself in the dark. I suddenly realised I was out of my body, and decided to explore. I flew up far, far above the Earth, and could see the continents below. I then decided to go out into the Universe and explore.
I flew away from the Earth so fast, that stars left a streak of light as they passed. I witnessed wondrous sights as huge galaxies, nebulae and gas clouds went past with amazing rapidity.
I came to a point where I was flying so fast that I had infinite mass. I *became* the Universe for a fleeting second, knowing all and understanding all, becoming the centre of the cosmos.
In just a second it was all over, because I must've suffered from sensory/information overload - I lost the godlike state, and stopped dead in space. Then I started falling backwards.
When I looked behind me, I could see a silvery trail behind me, disappearing into nothingness. It was like an elastic band, which had snapped taut, and pulled me back - like a bungee cord for the soul.
I fell back to Earth, my speed increasing terribly. I looked behind me, and could see the Earth grow closer. Soon, I saw the continents, then the British Isles, then my town, then the roof of my house. I fell back into my body with a massive slam, and woke up. The strange thing is, it felt like I had *physically* fallen onto the bed when I woke up... :eek:

Unfortunately for me, I remember very little of the 'godlike' part of the experience. Presumably, my little brain can't retain that information (sigh).
Interpret this how you want - I remember it quite vividly, as if it actually happened to me, rather than being a dream.
It's possible I astrally projected rather than dreamed...

The strangest dream I ever had was that I was standing in a line of women. I dressed in rags of sack cloth and I was pretending to be someone else. My disguise was amazing, no-one could fault it apart from the woman who was pacing up and down in front of us. She put me in mind of an Egyptian queen or something. She stopped in front of me and lokked really closely at me. I was all I could do to look at her straight in the eyes and hope to god that she didn't see me as an imposter. Then she pulled me out and said that I was the trickster. My eyes had given the game awya. She said I had "octopus eyes". As soon as she said that I woke up crying because I had this overwhelming sense that I had failed at something that was too big for me to understand.
Wierd, huh? I haven't got octopus eyes for the record, what ever octopus eyes look like!

Mythopoeika:

I've experienced something simular while wide awake, and on the bus. It must have been the early '90s and instead of flying around my conciousness just seemed to enflate to encompass everyone on the bus, then everyone in the city, then everyone in the country, then everyone on the planet... then other planets, then other galaxies, and then the Universe. I had just become aware of other universes beyond our own when suddenly I deflated like a balloon and was myself once more...

Witing Hell: The eyes of the octopus are spookily simular to our own.

Niles

Jeez Niles, that sounds like one helluva trip :eek!!!!:

Do you practise steady breathing techniques and/or trance states?

When experiencing it, did you see geometric shapes flying round? Was it accompanied by a state of euphoria, almost feeling drunk? Also (sorry for all the questions :D), were your fingertips tingling, as if you were feeling everything you thought of? Then feel fuzzy for the rest of the day?

If so, (or even, if not come to think of it) that sounds just like a pretty amazing trance.

I hope that it was a positive experience whatever caused it :)

Hmmmm strangest dream that I have had was probably one of the most normal type things you can dream of.

I was talking to this woman (who I knew) in my house, she had a small baby boy on a pram with her. Her mobile rang and it was a very good friend of mine on the other end. He was the babies father though he and the woman weren't married. The actual realationship between them is still bugging me slightly. I remember saying how gorgeous the baby was to her. I also wanted to say to my friend on the phone but she wouldn't let me.
That's all I remember. Yes I know it isn't really strange at all only it was because you don't know my friend.

Or you could say the dream with Spike in it (and Dru for that matter) was a strange one, kind of surreal and really vivid.

luce

I'm not alone then...

Oh, good, someone else who has dreams with Vampires...well, actualy, mine was with Sarah Michelle Gellar...and Willow (can't remember the actresses name)...that was a strange one. In a big bedroom suite. They were both Vampires and I was backed into a corner and then my mobile rang, in the dream, and the window flew open. Thats when I woke up. Pretty short but strange all the same

Alyson Hannigan (the actress who plays Willow).

This dream was strange as I remember walking around this village with Spike only it was daylight (the feeling of the sun was bright and warm on me). People looked at us both knowing we were vampires but they weren't bothered by it. We went to this house in which you had to go down 4 or 5 steps once you passed the garden gate as the house was built slightly lower than the rest of the house. The dream gets a bit hazey after that for a while. Then I remember being in the house, sat at a table which was next to the window it was still bright outside. Spike was nearby I could sense him but never see him. Then Dru came into the room and there was a young boy aged around 4 or 5 years old. This is the point all what I remember gets mixed up in my head. Either there was another child (boy) who was told to drink from the 4/5 year old because he had to turn him/drink from him (which seemed very natural). Or I was the one to drink from the boy. I think it must of been another child as I remember Dru getting angry as to the first child not being drank from. Thats all I remember.

It was strange because even though I never drank any blood in the dream I felt like I was a vampire along with the others. And the feeling of walking around during the day and people not being bothered that we drank blood was strange yet liberating.

luce

They say you should keep a dream diary, a notepad and pencil by your bed to jot down your dreams the moment you wake up. I tried it once and it made quite interesting reading. The trouble is, while you're trying to write it all down, it's all disippating as your brain and body wake up and get ready for the day ahead.

I have two recurring dreams:

1. The 'Flying Saucer' dream, UFOs appear in the sky and I know they're going to land, whether it will be good or bad for Planet Earth is unknown, because I always wake up before they actually do land.

2. The Toilet dream. I'm absolutely DESPERATE to go to the loo and either I can't find one, or the only one I can find is in the middle of the high street/has no door/is indescribably filthy, etc etc. NB, no, I've never wet the bed!!!

But usually I find dreaming a pleasant experience and in the time between waking and getting up I usually spend a few minutes mulling over my dreams (what I can remember of them).

Carole

For the last two nights, I've dreamt I've been in the FT Chat Room - literally and figuratively. As is the nature of dreams, it was a mixture of conventional experience - posting text onto a screen - with frequent intercuts of scenes of physical presence (bods gathered round a round table discussing Fortean issues).

I'd like to report what my companions looked like, but they were all typically faceless individuals.

Something was clear, though - I've gotta get off the boards and get a little more fresh air!

My favourite dream is that I was stood in a bar on a South-East Asian island with Paul McCartney and George Harrison. At that point, someone asked us to get up on stage and do a few numbers (I was on drums so I presume I was Ringo). We played and we were absolutely awful. We made an excuse about the equipment and left. I had a poignant chat with Paul, who claimed that he missed John ("You miss the laughter").
We then boarded a Cathay Pacific Jumbo which was panelled inside with wood, and which took off by sliding down a wire suspended on a hook. We then flew over a large, dark hurricane that was about to engulf the island. At this point the dream switched to me clinging to a toy train that was travelling so fast round bends in the track that I was thrown off, at which point until I fell down the chimney of the house of famous author Thomas Hardy.

I promise I'm not making this up.

I also have recurring dreams about a nuclear blast several miles away from home. It's usually very vivid, the blast followed by the mushroom cloud, an eerie silence then distant sirens.

Just been reminded of some freaky dreams while reading a thread.

I say dreams because there was 2 of them at first. They weren't re-occuring but more like one dream in two parts (over two nights). Then years later I had another dream which was like the first two only what was happening in the first two was still happening in the future (sometimes it was like i was replaying bits of the old dreams).

They were strange dreams as it was like I was part of a research team (there was 4 of us and one of the others was 1 of the ghostbusters I think). We were in my primary school (though in my dream it was like I was older a lot of the time, like in my 20's). We had been given the task of finding a way to destroy the cybermen (as in the ones off Doctor Who) who were causing trouble and terrifing everyone, including me.

Then there was part were I had to go to this school and deliver something to a teacher. I remember that I had never been to the place before but I remember finding it very easily.

There was a lot more in the dreams. Like we had produced clone like things of crosses between us (the researchers) and the cybermen. And that the cybermen found us. Can't really remember much more other than I still find them creepy to this day.

luce

I usually have really mundane dreams. One that freaked me out recently (and this is true, no word of a lie) was one where I was looking through my record collection, and found a Texas album! It was so shocking I woke up with a bizarre sense of fear and depression...

...sorry. I said they were mundane.

I wish more of mine where mundane! They are generally all weird. As for finding a Texas album in your record collection, well I see nothing wrong with that but I am a fan of them.

luce

Trust me, Luce, it was the most chilling experience of my life :eek!!!!:

I have dreamt of bodies in morgues sitting up! Tornado's coming towards me and my friends. Aliens and u.f.o's (in which sometimes I was the only one to see them even though in a crowd). Yet I hardly wake up from them and always get back to sleep no problem. And you find that a cd is bad lol

luce

Yeah, but luckily you only get a dream like mine once in a lifetime (arf!)

Back