• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dropa / Dzopa / Drop-ka Stones

A

Anonymous

You may have heard of the "Chinese Roswell"? This case of a crashed spaceship is alledged to date back 12,000 years. A stone disc supposedly exists, on it is written the story of the inhabitants of this craft. Whether true or not, it's quite an interesting yarn, and I may post the details up in another thread soon.

No, I hadn't heard of that one - if you've got some links I'd be very interested to see them.

Here's a link, It looks like there's a book out now:-

home.earthlink.net/~rcollins632/reports/chinese_roswell.htm
Link has been dead since 2002. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/2002022....net/~rcollins632/reports/chinese_roswell.htm

and one on the pyramids:-

hawk.hama-med.ac.jp/dbk/chnpyramid.html
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20021207035433/http://hawk.hama-med.ac.jp/dbk/chnpyramid.html

I guess we must assume from this that aliens have been crash-landing on our planet for the last 12,000 years, so if their technology is that flaky, how the hell do they ever get here in the first place?!

What lends the story *some* weight is the fact that it's written by the only person to have a good look at the Chinese pyramids. If you follow some of the links you will find some quite remarkable documents, all supposedly declassified stuff relating to aliens. It is actually vast and I don't have time to read all the stuff here.
Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropa Stone UFO's debunked?

Clicky-Clicky.
Link is dead. No archived version available.

I agree with what this guy is saying. Those are out of focus points of light. In fact they are known as 'Airy' disks. It's a common test of a lens/telescope to view a point of light slightly out of focus to make the disk. The more circular the 'airy' disk represents better optics. So basically it's just a video out of focus.

ninja said:
I find these videos as conbincing as orb photos of ghosts.

hehe, exactly..........I feel sorry for the guy that spent so many pounds on the first video though......what a waste of money...

There must be evidence of the remaining stones, all the stories of the Dropa are old now, has there been any recent information on them?
Have any of the stones surfaced elsewhere?
This is a great story but the lack of new info is disappointing, the only info on the web is the story of what was on the disks, and i think they were last seen in the 70's.
30 years on and nothing!!
Cheers
Chopstix

Dropa Links

These are some bits Id saved after stubling over the Dropa Stones on About.com

Dropa
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20091211031559/http://www.nii.net/~obie/dropa.htm

About.co - Dropa Stones Part 1
The 3-part article cited is MIA. It can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/2007022....about.com/od/ancientanomalies/a/aa060198.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/2007021...bout.com/od/ancientanomalies/a/aa060198_2.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/2007030...bout.com/od/ancientanomalies/a/aa060198_3.htm

Dropa Stones

The About.com one is ok, as to the others,well, caveat emptor!

8-)

This is exactly what i'm talking about, all the above websites are just full of the Story. No new information apart from this is available:
1995: Ethnological evidence?

In 1995 there has been a remarkable news report from China: In the province of Sichuan, which lies on the eastern border of the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains, 120 people of a previously ethnologically unclassified tribe have been discovered. The most important aspect of this new tribe is the size of its people: No taller than 3 ft. 10 in., the smallest adult measuring only 2 ft. 1 in.!

This discovery might be the first hard evidence on the existance of the Dropa/Dzopa - a people whose predecessors are said to have come from outerspace

1995 only 7 years old!!!

Thanks for the websites tho.

Amazing, Untraceable, Acedemics...

Abstract:-

The next thing that I investigated was whether I could find any mention of the names Chu Pu Tei, Tsum Um Nui, Ernst Wegener, Vyatcheslav Saitzev, Sergei Lolladoff, or Karyl Robin-Evans anywhere outside of the Dropa articles. No luck, not even with alternate spellings. Except for their mentions in connection with the Dropa story, none of these people might exist at all. Several writers mention that Tsum Um Nui is not a normal Chinese name. The one possible exception among these names is that Sungods in Exile is a real book (out of print), with Karyl Robin-Evans listed as author and David Agamon as editor. However, other investigators have been unable to find any trace of Karyl Robin-Evans in Britain and some believe the book was a work of fiction that was actually written by David Agamon. One investigator wrote Oxford asking about Lolladoff and his disk, but never received any reply. Hartwig Hausdorf says that the Ukrainian scientist Dr. Vladimir Rubstov wrote to him that Sungods in Exile was science fiction, not fact. Barnes and Noble online has a slightly damaged former library copy of Sungods in Exile for sale. Another interesting work of fiction, The HAB Theory (1976) by Allan W. Eckert, also discusses the Dropas.

Full article:-

The Caves of Bayan Kara Ula, Part 2 : The Investigation

Maybe there is nothing to find...

Harlequin i think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Thanks for all the info:D

Cheers
Chopstix

who can tell me about Dropa/Dzopa tribe

I have just heard about this pigmie tribe supposidly decendants of alien visitors 12000 years ago. There is still about 120 of em in China (apparently)

In 1995 China released the following news report: "In the province of Sichuan, which lies on the eastern border of the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains, 120 people of a previously ethnologically unclassified tribe have been discovered. The most important aspect of this new tribe is the size of its people: No taller than 3 ft. 10 in. (116 cm)., the smallest adult measuring only 2 ft. 1 in. (63.5 cm). This discovery might be the first hard evidence on the existence of the Dropa/Dzopa - a people whose predecessors are said to have come from
outer space."

I have found links Here
Link is dead. No archived version found.

and with a very old photo Here
Link is dead. The MIA webpage (but not the photo) can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120922012929/http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/Dzopas.html

FWIW: The MIA photo is most probably this one:

Dzopa-Dropa?.jpg

and an article regarding their disks Here
Link is dead. No archived version found.

anybody know about this topic ? Why has there never been a DNA analysis done on any of these little buggers...or has there :confused:

Disproportionally large heads on slender bodies - not in the photograph they're not. I think I might start to be a bit cynical about this.

Dropa pic

Agreed, perhaps the photo is nothing to do with them or the whole thing is pants. I found the photo using google Image search and it was the only one there.:(

Had a look at Zeitlin.net where the photo came from. It is part of the Open SETI initiative which wants SETI to stop looking for radio signals and begin checking the data on the ground ie earth. I think they may have an axe to grind.

The index page of Zeitlin is here
Unhelpful, you click the name to continue.

That said the site looks quite interesting from my brief forray onto its pages.

Thanks folks

Methinks this is a bloody big waste of time :rolleyes:

Send um back to where they belong. Which by the looks of it equils a first class ticket to Narnia... :snore:

Might as well merge the two oh observent one

** Kowtows to Rynner **:yeay:

Well, I am in the throes of planning my round the world adventure(due to kick off early next year). I am hoping to spend a good deal of time in China and am writing to the Chinese authorities for permission to enter some of their restricted areas. If it is possible(and I have not done much research yet) I will try to head in the direction of the mountains this elusive race is reputed to live in. Getting to the site of the white pyramid is easy enough but the mountains might pose more of a challenge - at least getting to them from China.

I am due to spend three months in Cambodia so if anyone knows of any unusual sites worth investigating there please let me know.

Hope asll goes well with the travells M8. If you can get a good look at the big headed pygmies I would be pleased to hear about it (photos might be a good idea too).

dont tell the chinese that you have previously used the internet or they will put you in prison :eek!!!!:

Moderators note

I've extracted this thread from another about Roswell, as I consider it a topic in it's own right, and merged it with Chriswsm's one asking about the eponymous tribe.

Stu

Interesting, but I don't buy it.

The main problem with this case seems to be the vast amount of time which has elapsed. I mean, with Roswell proper, it's only a few decades ago, and a lot of people alive in that day are still alive today.
But when you have something which supposedly happened twelve thousand years ago, well, you would have to come up with some pretty extraordinary evidence, artefacts etc, to have something to go on. How can you sort the wheat from the chaff after all that time? In cosmic terms it's the flap of a gnat's wing, but in human terms, it's an eternity.
From an anthropological point of view, the thing about the 3ft 10 inch humans would be extremely interesting, if scientists had access to the skeletons. How long would skeletons last in graves anyhow? Surely not 12,000 years. Furthermore, a lot of the supposed artefacts seem to have conveniently done a vanishing act. Naaah...
The notion that aliens may have interbred with humans is a tantalising one though. Maybe I have some alien genes in me right now, from millennia ago. Perhaps we should be looking at our own genetic makeup for evidence of alien visitation?

Bill Robinson

Hmm - the story suffers from not having any recent testing done using more up to date archaeological methods, and seems to work from suppositions from the outset. Hardly balanced, IMHO.

In 1938, a team of archeologists, led by Professor Chi Pu Tei of Beijing University, was conducting a very detailed routine survey of a series of interlinked caves of Balan Kara-Ula, a district on the border of China and Tibet.....He and his colleagues found skeletons of small beings with delicate frames, but with rather large skulls.......It was while studying the skeletons that one of the team stumbled on a large, round stone disk, about two centimeters thick (0.8"),................another professor - Dr. Tsum Um Nui - broke the code and started to decipher the speaking grooves that the extraordinary implications of the disc were realized...............The Prehistory Department of the Beijing Academy forbade him to publish his findings..................

Apparently a publication of some kind was circulated (?)

Came across this story relatively recently and can only find reiterations of it with no further details. This may well be much more familiar to some of you , if so please fill me in.

As some of the links at the start of this thread are dead I thought I'd drop in an extract of the book "The Chinese Roswell" (although I'm not sure it advances the discussion much):

Has the site of the Chinese Roswell actually been found?

1998 Discovery of Millennia-Old Spacecraft Launch Pad in China?

In The Chinese Roswell (New Paradigm Books, 1998), author Hartwig Hausdorf talks about--along with much else--the crash landing 12,000 years ago of an alien spacecraft at Bayan Kara Ula, not far from Tibet on the border of Qinghai and Sichuan provinces in China. Did this forced landing really take place? Did the occupants of the spacecraft attempt, albeit unsuccessfully, to build a launch platform and resume their journey? Discoveries in China in 1998 seem to indicate the existence deep in the hinterland of that giant country--and near the region singled out by Hartwig Hausdorf--of just such a launch platform. Has the site of the Chinese Roswell actually been found? Two reporters from Beijing's bi-weekly English-language City Weekend magazine <http://www.cityweekend.com.cn> set out to find some answers. Here is their story, reprinted with permission from City Weekend, July 18-July 31, 2002.

By Jo Lusby and Abby Wan

On the south bank of a saltwater lake sits a metallic pyramid said to be between 50 and 60 meters tall. In front of the structure lie three caves, each with triangular openings. The two smaller caves have collapsed, but the largest central cave is still passable. Inside, on the ground, lies a 40 cm length of pipe, spliced in half. Another red-brown pipe is sunk into the earth, only its lip visible above the ground.

Outside the cave, half pipes, scraps of metal, and strangely shaped stones are scattered along the southern bank of the lake. Some pipes run into the water; it is unknown what may lurk in the salty depths.

Should this site have been discovered in the outskirts of any of China's urban areas, the story would be about the perils of industrial pollution and its impact on the fragile environment. But this is at the foot of a mountain named Baigong Shan, in a remote comer of Qinghai province, 40 km from the nearest city. So could this--as frenzied speculation in China's press would have it--be the remains of an alien launch pad rumored to be between 30,000 and 20 million years old?

There's Life, Qin...

"The environment is harsh here," says Qin Jianwen, head of the local Delingha government publicity department. "There are no residents, let alone modem industry--just a few migrant herdsmen to the north of the mountains."

"Unless you see [the relics] with your own eyes you just wouldn't believe it," says Lanzhou Morning News journalist Ye Zhou, who was one of the first journalists on the scene. "It's hard to stick to scientific language when you talk about what's there. There are just all these iron pipes everywhere... it felt very creepy."

The site of what has been dubbed "The E.T. Relics" by the Chinese press was first reported in 1998 by a group of U.S. scientists on the trail of dinosaur fossils. The team alerted the local Delingha government to the presence of the structures, but the story went largely ignored until a report in the Henan Dahe Bao in June describing the site. From their base in neighboring Lanzhou, Ye and his colleagues decided to pick up the story and investigate for themselves, filing six reports detailing the expedition and their ongoing findings. "We just stuck to the facts," says Ye. "We tried to simply describe the site as we saw it."

Facts proved difficult to pin down, however. After a day of cross-country driving through thunderstorms, they arrived at Baigong Shan. "It was like hell," he recalls. "Nothing grows there." As to the question on everyone's lips--whether it's evidence of extra-terrestrial activities--Ye is pragmatic. "There's not likely to be any kind of unified answer that satisfies everyone in the near future," he says. "Personally, though, I believe it's just an unusual geological phenomenon. Why would an extra-terrestrial want to go to such an awful place? There's nothing there."

From local government official Qin's point of view, however, it's obvious why an extra-terrestrial would choose the desolate mountain slopes. "It has been suggested that the site was a launch tower left by extra-terrestrials," Qin told Xinhua News Agency on June 16. "They base their theory on the fact that it's very high altitude with very thin air, making it an ideal place to practice astrology."

According to Xinhua News Agency, results of preliminary rock and metal analysis show the pipes are 30 percent ferric oxide, with high content of silicon dioxide and calcium oxide; eight percent of the sample's makeup was categorized as "unidentifiable." Engineer Liu Shaolin from the Xitie Shan Smelting Plant, who carried out the first studies, says the levels of silicon dioxide and calcium oxide point to the pipes being on the mountainside for a long time--although he rejects the estimate of 30,000 years in favor of a more recent 5,000 years.

"The preliminary results have made the site even more mysterious," says Qin. With records of iron smelting dating back a mere 2,000 years, certainly, whatever conclusions are finally reached, the discovery will be deemed important. Then again, counters Lanzhou Journalist Ye, Qin would say that. "The Delingha government is already billing it as tourist attraction," he says. "There are road signs pointing the way to the E.T. relics, and they've got it in their investment and tourism guides."

Stranger than Fiction

Preliminary reports completed, researchers from the Beijing UFO Research Organization are now planning a more thorough expedition due to leave in late-July. Qinghai project director Wei Yuguang, recently returned from the site, describes what he found as a wasteland. "The area is totally deserted," he says. "There is no living creature within 500 miles, although beyond that invisible boundary there is rich wildlife. There is no transportation, and the road is very difficult to follow--a car carrying Xinhua journalists ended up stuck in a ditch."

While he wouldn't comment on whether what he saw were genuine extra-terrestrial relics, he applauds the fuss the discoveries have created. "It's high time UFOs were brought out of the closet," he says. "I'm glad so many people want to go to Qinghai and take a look at the site."

The July expedition, he says, will be comprised of a team of ten experts, ten journalists, and a CCTV film crew. Competition to join is hot, however, says Wei, "and so far there are 40 experts who have signed on. The oldest volunteer is in his 80's, but since the altitude is more than 2,000 meters, I have set the age limit at 60 years."

The press frenzy, says Wei, is largely due to his own efforts to stir up interest. "When I initially came to the site I wrote lots of articles," he says. "But none of the newspapers were interested. So I posted the news online, and, with the help of the Delingha government, media interest began to grow. Now, I've had reporters coming to me one after another, wanting to visit the site."

Joseph Wang, acting chairman of the Hong Kong UFO Association, is guarded in his view of what the Qinghai relics could be. "Without concrete on-site research it's hard to comment on what's going on," says Wang. "I could well believe that the pipes are an extra-terrestrial engineering project, though."

On the whole, UFO research in China is relatively scientific, Wang continues. "Most discussion takes place within the confines of space flight and military plans. People only make so much fuss about UFOs because they believe they seldom see them. But to make an analogy, cats could very well be extra-terrestrial. It's just that because we see cats all the time, we accept them as earth creatures. But how do we know?"

Whatever the findings of the expedition may be, the flurry of media reports and relative willingness of officials to discuss the possibility of unexplainable phenomenon is surprising to some, especially when compared with recorded sightings elsewhere in the world. "There is a definite liberty in China to talk about paranormal things," says German UFOlogist Hartwig Hausdorf, author of The Chinese Roswell, exploring paranormal interpretations of the White Pyramids discovered outside the city of Xi'an. "In Chinese mythology, there are legends of emperors descending from the people of the stars, (riding) on metal dragons."

In the course of his own research on the white pyramids, Hausdorf says there was no problem gathering evidence to support his theories of ancient paranormal activity. "The Chinese authorities have made great leaps since the 1970's," he says. "In the United States, it's like a military dictatorship, with UFO areas like Area 51 (a secret base rumored to house aliens and UFOs for genetic testing and more) restricted."

Although the existence of the pyramids was first reported by U.S. fighter pilots flying over China in the Second World War, it was only when Hausdorf began research in 1994 that people accepted their existence. "I obtained permission to check out the area with a video camera," says Hausdorf, "and I literally stepped on the pyramids. The authorities were very free about the whole experience. You'd have way more trouble stepping into these areas in the U.S."

That liberty to discuss paranormal activity in China is due to be stretched even further, with the first Chinese UFO conference due to be held in Dalian this August [2002]. And whatever the scientists uncover on their next expedition, it is likely that the Qinghai extraterrestrial relics will be high on the agenda.

What does it all matter, though, asks Wang in Hong Kong. "So what if we discover that there is alien life? Life will still go on."

http://www.newpara.com/Ancient_China_Spaceport.htm

There are plenty of reviews on the page you can buy it from:

THE CHINESE ROSWELL
UFO Encounters in the Far East from Ancient Times to the Present
by Hartwig Hausdorf

ISBN 1-892138-00-X .95 Ill 224 pp.

Hartwig Hausdorf reveals for the first time to Western eyes artifacts and constructions of ancient China, Japan, Tibet and Mongolia pointing to an elusive, primordial alien presence. These include Xian’s 1,000-foot "White Pyramid," Bayan Kara Ula’s stone discs describing a 12,000-year-old alien crash-landing, Emperor Shi Huangdi’s tomb containing secrets of immortality (communicated by aliens?)—and much more. Translated into 14 languages.

"...Its author is a German adventurer of the Sven Hedin mold. His expedition to China uncovered many new archaeological enigmas, including the "key to the ancient Chinese dream of material immortality, and another key to understanding the mercury-filled tomb chamber of the first Chinese emperor." Also, there is new information regarding those mysterious stone disks from Bayan Kara Ula, thought to be messages left by stranded extraterrestrials. Full of interesting topics, and of material little known to the West, this is an excellent, crackling good read." - Robert C. Girard, ARCTURUS BOOKS Catalogue, Nov., 1998

"The Chinese Roswell is absolutely essential reading for all students of UFO and alien encounter phenomena." - WISCONSIN BOOKWATCH, Dec., 1998

"The more ancient, remote, and populous Far East including China, Japan, Tibet, India, and surrounding countries have rich traditions in their history, myths, and geopolitics for UFOs. In many instances venerable texts and writings can easily be extrapolated to the Western world and our era. In both cases--past and present, East and West--the twain exists and transcends the specific cultural and ethnic religious differences. Hartwig Hausdorf, like his famous and admired predecessor Nicholas Roerich--artist, explorer, guru--has traveled to these exotic lands, and, in some cases, to mysterious and impenetrable locations to witness, study, and learn all he can about various UFO experiences and encounters and their possible relationships to ancient monuments, pyramids, and archaeological artifacts. He provides a wide-angle overview of the UFO enigma. Although espousing the ET hypothesis, he does not let this viewpoint cloud his vision and exclude geographic and Fortean shreds of data that are challenging to the reader/researcher; he successfully penetrates the armor of "think alike" mentation. He has a knack of presenting disparate material in a highly readable form that is highlighted by his free thinking questions and care in separating "soft" from "hard" data. He offers probing scholarship and leaves the reader more curious than ever about this most baffling phenomena that arches from the "nuts and bolts" to the sometimes esoteric, recondite paranormal and, in many cases, the inextricable and inexplicable elements of the "people part" of the equation: the always to be considered and never to be discounted parapsychological aspects. For all who wonder and desire to expand their vision about the origin, purpose, meaning, and understanding of the UFO problem, The Chinese Roswell by Hartwig Hausdorf is indispensable reading." - Berthold E. Schwarz, M.D., author Psychiatric and Paranormal Aspects of UFOlogy, ALTERNATE PERCEPTIONS, Winter, 1999:

"Hausdorf proposes that the ancient Chinese cult of Hsien, the search for "Material Immortality," was influenced by what he terms "Alien Mind;" indeed, certain pictograms and texts seem to contain knowledge of extraterrestrials and include imagery of flying jade chariots. Were these records of actual visits to Earth, or of shamanic journeys into the cosmos? ...Hausdorf retraces the steps of various Western explorers to China, Tibet and Mongolia, in search of the mythical 1,000-foot-high White Pyramid, the elusive Shambhala and the ominous Monastery of the Black Khan. He also speculates on the influence of Alien Mind in Japan and the underwater city ruins off the Ryuku Islands....Hausdorf's book remains a fascinating read." - NEXUS, Feb.-March, 1999:
"The original, German title of this book was Die Weisse Pyramide or The White Pyramid. That was perhaps a more fitting title. The Chinese Roswell is an overview of UFO/extraterrestrial-related phenomena in the Far East. Part of the book is devoted to the "ancient astronaut" theory in relation to Chinese mythology and philosophy. Can Chinese myths be explained as contacts with extraterrestrials? The ancient Chinese, particularly the Taoists, spent a great deal of their energy in the pursuit of "hsien" or immortality. Author Hartwig Hausdorf explores the relationship between this pursuit and extraterrestrials. If you aren't a fan of "ancient astronauts", don't let that stop you from reading this book. The Chinese Roswell covers a great deal of territory, something for everyone. In one very interesting section, Hausdorf covers the Dropa and the mysterious stone disks and dwarves of the Bayan Kara Ula region. Are the small people found in parts of China even today descendants of an ancient race of extraterrestrials? In another part of the book, he writes about the legend of the mysterious 1,000 foot-tall "White Pyramid of Xian" and in another section he gives us UFO reports and alien contact events in China during this century. Hausdorf is a German UFO and paranormal writer who has traveled throughout the Far East in search of evidence of alien contact. The Chinese Roswell ("The White Pyramid") is the first of his books to be translated into English." © 1999 Loy Lawhon, Guide To UFOs/Aliens, under exclusive on-line license to About.com, Inc. All rights reserved. - BORDERS.COM. Review from About.com by Loy Lawhon, Guide to UFOs/Aliens, September, 1999.

"An intriguing investigation into the possibility of alien intelligence, based on clues, artifacts and ancient traditions that Hausdorf has unearthed in his exploration of the Far East. There is a mystical tone to much of his writing which may irritate some readers, and we're asked to accept a lot of the revelations at face value: did, for example, Hausdorf really master the 'prodigious mind-over-matter techniques of the Tibetans, the Chinese and the Japanese?' Did he really find enlightenment in the "fabulous mercury-filled tomb-chamber" of the Emperor Shi Huangdi, the excavation of which was kept a secret from the West by the Chinese government? As literary devices these Indian Jones-style adventures make the book an exciting read, but more skeptical UFOlogists may balk at the mix of journalistic research and prosaic writing. However, Hausdorf presents us with some excellent cases and scenarios--many of which are original and far-reaching--providing an interesting mix of UFOlogy and parapsychology which can only broaden our understanding of a previously unexplored area of the UFO phenomenon." - X-FACTOR, No. 82

http://www.newpara.com/UFOs_China.htm

Emps

Back