• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Drug-Laced Candy / Sweets

I'm not sure it was intentional. Coke is still dearer than sherbert in Royton.

Er, so far as I know. :shock:

There was a case a few years ago of a grannie selling drugs from her kitchen window - I can't find the story now, though I see the Mail has a Ganja-Grannie story from April this year.

'Maybe' and 'It is believed' seem to be operative words here. ie we're being warned about something no bugger has actually encountered.

LSD sweets: Police issue warning over drug-laced sweets
_79852690_5c22cf22-fb3c-490e-96e9-8064e7cb2e44.jpg
The hallucinogenic drug is usually infused into small squares of blotting paper
Drug dealers may be selling sweets laced with LSD across Greater Manchester, the National Crime Agency has warned.

It is believed the hallucinogenic drug is being put into boiled sweets to avoid arousing suspicion from door staff at bars and nightclubs.

Dealers are trying to sell the drug to students in particular, the NCA said.

The warning follows an ongoing criminal investigation in which almost half a litre of LSD was seized in Manchester.

The NCA said the confiscated liquid would be enough to make more than 5,000 sweets.

LSD is usually sold after being infused into small squares of blotting paper.

A statement from the NCA said: "We are asking that staff at entertainment venues be vigilant and consider refusing entry to customers or groups of customers carrying small amounts of such sweets.

"Students should also be wary of anyone offering them drugs in this form.

"Any such incident should be reported to police immediately."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-30555676

Spiking unwitting kids with class A drugs? ... class A drugs are too expensive for a start, there's too much of a risk of the drug dealer being caught in that kind of zero profit/ maximum exposure risk stunt ... and eating heroin or cocaine isn't going to achieve any kind of obvious 'high'.. both drugs need to be injected, smoked or sniffed Drug dealers prefer to keep a low profile as a rule. I remember hearing about the LSD infused kids transfer tattoos rumour in the 70's but I don't know if there's ever been any reports of it actually ever happening? .. hash cake/cookie (hashish, cannabis, marijuana) spiking on the other hand isn't unheard of at all. It seems to me the latest variation on all of this is the drink spiking phenomena which also does exist but can also be used occasionally as an excuse for someone who's simply just got too drunk in a bar/nightclub. I once managed to talk a couple of "friends" out of LSD spiking darts legend Erick Bristow when he attended a charity event at our local pub.

I remember hearing about the LSD infused kids transfer tattoos rumour in the 70's but I don't know if there's ever been any reports of it actually ever happening?

An aquaintance swore that a friend of his had hidden a page full of those mythical LSD tattoos under his shirt, then got caught in the rain, leading to permanent brain damage. This is an old story, so I was interested to hear someone claiming they actually knew the person in question. Unfortunately, with further investigation, the story began look less like source of a FOAF tale and more like flat-out lie.

And you're correct about Class A drugs being too expensive for such a stunt. Drug dealers probably more than anyone would be aware of the low profit / high exposure risk. Even denizens of the criminal underworld can use logic. :p It simply wouldn't be worth it.

A friend put a photo on Facebook of some "candy" his son had received - it was a chocolate coated Brussels sprout.

Pure evil.
What's not to like?
We're always being told that sprouts are healthy... :D

Well, the blades and the needles in TX USA have been debunked as people trying to discredit each other. I love the tradition of Trick-or-Treating and hate to see it blemished by weird personal feuds.

Looks as if the real deal has been found.

Bags of sweets laced with drugs found in a vehicle were "clearly aimed at selling to children", police have said.

Officers stopped and searched a suspicious vehicle in Gravesend on Tuesday evening. A Kent Police spokesman said the "distinctively packaged" sweets were laced with an unknown drug and were targeted at children. A man has been arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply and drug driving.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-47222877

Gordon bennett!

... Legalize it tax the crap out of it and you hurt the really nasty characters alot more that way. ...

It seems this is not true.

Reports from some places that legalised cannabis say that the 'customers' are going back to grass roots (you will excuse the pun) as the tax is making legal pot too expensive.

(Edited to reflect correct use of the Reply / Quote feature and clarify that the opening line was quoted from an earlier post.)

Last edited by a moderator:
god damn are they cutting my drugs with sweets now ???

(ive never had any drugs)

..Legalize it tax the crap out of it and you hurt the really nasty characters alot more that way. ..

It seems this is not true.

Reports from some places that legalised cannabis say that the 'customers' are going back to grass roots (you will excuse the pun) as the tax is making legal pot too expensive.

So people that grow their own are nasty people? We get your agenda and I'm not sure anyone agrees with it or reports from some place verify it.

Some US states that have legalized cannabis have made provision for growing one's own, so in some cases it's more a matter of exploiting newly expanded legal possibilities than retreating from the open marketplace.

In any case, it's not surprising that prices would run high in a newly established market space. I expect the prices will decline as the legal market space grows.

Tastyintestines,

..So people that grow their own are nasty people? We get your agenda and I'm not sure anyone agrees with it or reports from some place verify it...

Not really sure where you are coming from with that. Possibly you could explain detail just where I refer to home pot growers as nasty people. And a bit more about the agenda.

But for your information I got the news item from CNBC. It was referring to the way that the new pot market hasn't taken off as was expected.

INT21.

Last edited:
I've just stumbled across this facebook post, I've no idea if there's any truth in it or not ..

'OK..LISTEN UP! ITS IMPORTANT. WARN YOUR WIVES, DAUGHTERS, SISTERS, GRANDKIDS the newest thing is striking up an innocent conversation. the guy then says "hey. no offense, but you have bad breath and offers a mint or lifesaver. looks like the real deal even in a new package BUT they are the new date rape drug and also laced with fentanyl for the sex trafficking trade. Yes, it's happening and they are slick. please warn all, particularly young kids and females as once across the border, you are done. it's a living nightmare.'

I've just stumbled across this facebook post, I've no idea if there's any truth in it or not ..

'OK..LISTEN UP! ITS IMPORTANT. WARN YOUR WIVES, DAUGHTERS, SISTERS, GRANDKIDS the newest thing is striking up an innocent conversation. the guy then says "hey. no offense, but you have bad breath and offers a mint or lifesaver. looks like the real deal even in a new package BUT they are the new date rape drug and also laced with fentanyl for the sex trafficking trade. Yes, it's happening and they are slick. please warn all, particularly young kids and females as once across the border, you are done. it's a living nightmare.'

Think you answered that question in the first 7 words of the opener.

Think you answered that question in the first 7 words of the opener.
I haven't looked up fentanyl but it does sound a bit scare mongering hysterical: "The newest thing is striking up an innocent conversation".

I haven't looked up fentanyl but it does sound a bit scare mongering hysterical: "The newest thing is striking up an innocent conversation".

Opioid - inherited a drawer-full from the parents, Chemists won't take it back as it's HO controlled.

Looks as if the real deal has been found.

Bags of sweets laced with drugs found in a vehicle were "clearly aimed at selling to children", police have said.

Officers stopped and searched a suspicious vehicle in Gravesend on Tuesday evening. A Kent Police spokesman said the "distinctively packaged" sweets were laced with an unknown drug and were targeted at children. A man has been arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply and drug driving. ...

I have to take issue with possible over-projection of nefarious intent here (absent sufficient facts to support the authorities' insinuations).

Adults eat candy, too. Camouflaging street drugs as ordinary items like confections is a longstanding tactic for minimizing the risk of being identified as a drug user / seller on face-value inspection.

int21 I hate to have to try to explain the meaning of words but, when you say a tax is supposed to hurt nasty people and then you say that isn't true and the reason is they are growing their own. The customers are the growers you are talking about. Maybe it is confusing because you are commenting on an opinion that is taken out of context without a source.

(Ad hominem bit deleted)

It's listed as Unproven in Snopes:

"The warning was posted to Facebook by a single individual who did not cite any source, and its claims were not corroborated by any local, regional or national news reports, statements by law enforcement agencies, or the findings of any criminal investigations."

The fact that the posting you quote has had the words "...keep it cool, use your head but it’s getting so bad here in Arizona and in Texas its scary" removed suggests strongly that it's like those "lethal computer virus" messages that the hard-of-thinking forward automatically, i.e. bollocks.

maximus otter

Tastyintestines.

...int21 I hate to have to try to explain the meaning of words but, when you say a tax is supposed to hurt nasty people and then you say that isn't true and the reason is they are growing their own. ..

You have completely misunderstood the post that has lead to this point. To the extent I wonder if you read it through.

I suggest you go back and do so.

While you are there you can copy and paste the section where I refer to 'hurting nasty people'.

Because, oddly, I can't find any such reference.

Edited 17:16

Also you can give us a bit more information concerning 'the agenda' you refer to.

INT21. .

Last edited:

As little as 2mg of Fentanyl will be lethal for most people, and it is killing lots of smack-heads in the US who don't realise that it's a LOT more potent than Heroin. If I were looking for people to kidnap and traffic, I wouldn't want to risk them dropping dead on me, especially if they've had alcohol along the way. Or, risk them exhibiting one of the most common side-effects - the squits.

Fentanyl lozenges and lollipops ARE available legitimately though! When Russian security forces stormed a theatre full of hostages in 2002, they sprayed the place full of Fentanyl gas...and killed 130 of the hostages.

It's in your first sentence.

..Legalize it tax the crap out of it and you hurt the really nasty characters alot more that way. ..

(Ad hominem bit deleted)

Opioid - inherited a drawer-full from the parents, Chemists won't take it back as it's HO controlled.
The chemist who prescribed it in the first place will take it back - had this with my parents (my mum was on liquid morphine and is still on other opioids) and managed to end up with a fair amount of untaken meds. The only one allowed to take it back was the pharmacist who supplied it.

Back