• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
That is just terrible. What did the kid do to justify being gunned down? They shot him 16 times!
A warning shot might have been enough.

Huffington PostVerified account‏@HuffingtonPost
Police apologize after entering "murder scene" sandcastle into contest http://huff.to/20meAiJ

CjDwhukWEAAYLEl.jpg

I thought it was a bit funny. In bad taste, maybe.

It's like saying "I don't mean to be horrible but..." which invariably means that they are indeed going to be horrible.

Daniel Rushing probably won’t be eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts in his car any more.

The 64-year-old was arrested on drug charges when Orlando police officers spotted four tiny flakes of glaze on his floorboard and thought they were pieces of crystal methamphetamine, The Orlando Sentinel reports.

Cpl. Shelby Riggs-Hopkins wrote in an arrest report that during a traffic stop on 11 December she noticed the flakes on the floorboard. Two roadside drug tests were positive for the illegal substance and Rushing was arrested. But a state crime laboratory test cleared him several weeks later.

“It was incredible,” Rushing said. “It feels scary when you haven’t done anything wrong and get arrested ... It’s just a terrible feeling.”

It started on a Friday afternoon when Rushing dropped off a neighbor at a hospital for a weekly chemotherapy session. Then, he drove to a convenience store to pick up a friend who needed a ride home.

Riggs-Hopkins said she was staking out the area for drug activity. Rushing told her he had a concealed weapons permit, according to an arrest report. She asked him to step out of his car and noticed a “rock like substance” on the floorboard.

“I recognized through my eleven years of training and experience as a law enforcement officer the substance to be some sort of narcotic,” she wrote. ...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...e-doughnuts-for-crystal-meth?CMP=share_btn_tw

In some part's of the US of A, it's common practice to prosecute supposed drug offender's & only test the suspected substance if the subject goes to trial & pleads not guilty.

If bail is initially refused it can mean someone is imprisoned for several weeks while those tests are made. While a guilty plea can mean someone tried & out with a fine in a few days.

It ramp's the pressure up on the innocent to plead guilty.

If I understand correctly, they're not always told that the tests are fallable, so sometimes plead guilty because they believe they'll be buggered in court otherwise?

More keenness to shoot first by US police.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/police-shoot-dead-deaf-mute-8686398
Police shoot dead deaf and mute driver 'who was trying to communicate using sign language'

An investigation has been launched after a police officer shot dead a deaf and mute driver who witnesses say was trying to communicate using sign language.

Daniel Kevin Harris was pulled over for speeding on Thursday after cops said he led them on a brief pursuit in Charlotte, North Carolina.

As the 29-year-old stopped close to his home a state trooper pulled his gun as Harris got out of his car.

Police say there was a "brief encounter" between the two men before the gun was fired but witnesses claim the father-of-one, who was unarmed, was shot almost instantly.

Dunno if this is dumb, incompetent or underresourced.

The spin has come in at such a rate lately I've had to enlist a new smiley, the other one is wanked out.

The force was rated "inadequate" at recording crime in the HMIC report.

GMP Deputy Chief Constable Ian Pilling admitted "we still need to improve" but they had made "encouraging" progress.
wanking%20smiley_zpsuf2qdut3.gif

The HMIC assessment, completed in May, also found that GMP:
  • Recorded about 85% of crimes reported to it
  • Incorrectly cancelled recorded sexual offences (excluding rape) and offences of robbery and violence
  • Had "limited supervision to support officers and staff in making good and prompt crime-recording decisions"
  • Had a lack of understanding among officers and staff of their responsibilities for crime-recording
  • Had "made some progress" in putting the victim at the centre of its crime-recording decisions and had "made good progress" against a national plan to improve crime-recording
HMIC said GMP had made "some progress" since an inspection in 2014 but "the force is failing some victims of crime".

BBC

This is the staggering moment up to 15 police officers brandishing submachine guns smash their way into the WRONG house during a raid leaving a mum and her six-year-old son terrified.

Officers dressed in flak jackets, stab vests, helmets and carrying Heckler & Koch MP5 guns - which can fire up to 800-rounds a minute - surrounded the house in North Road in Clayton at about 11am.

Footage shows the officers pointing their weapons at the windows and banging on the door before using a battering ram to smash their way in.

But it has now emerged they targeted the wrong house - and instead should have gone into the flat next door.

Manchester Evening News

Two Brazilian police shoot each other after one mistakes the other for a robber

both lucky to have escaped with their lives after a misunderstanding led to them having a bloody shoot-out.

a civilian police officer mistook a military policeman for a robber and both ended up firing shots at each other in a chemist shop on Wednesday afternoon in Fortaleza, north east Brazil. Both were in plain clothes.

Civilian cop, Olívio Gabriel Torres, who works as a crime investigator, was hit in the face and military police officer, Edilson Barreto da Silva, who patrols the streets, suffered bullet wounds to his thigh and abdomen.

Security cameras in the pharmacy show Silva , who was off-duty at the time, standing at the counter as he prepares to pay for medication.

According to witnesses, Torres was walking past the store when he noticed Silva was armed and ‘seemed to be acting suspiciously’.

Moments later security cameras record Torres entering, pulling his gun and striding up as he points his revolver at Silva’s back.

A policeman has died after accidentally shooting himself in the head during Holi celebrations in India.

Head Constable Rajendra Jatava was celebrating the Hindu festival when his gun apparently went off.

A video filmed in Shivpuri district, northern India, allegedly showed the officer shooting his revolver twice in the air on March 14.

He then tried to shoot a third time but a bullet got stuck, according to eyewitnesses.

Constable Jatava, who was reportedly under the influence of alcohol, then accidentally shot himself while trying to fix his gun.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/18/polic...head-while-celebrating-6518994/#ixzz4bm4P6Uw3

A teenager who was found dead months after reporting her ex-boyfriend to police was issued a fixed penalty notice for wasting police time, Lewes Crown Court has been told.

Shana Grice, 19, died in August 2016 when she was discovered in her bedroom, which was engulfed in flames, with a slit throat in Portslade, East Sussex.

Trending: Judge discharges student who admitted to rape of girl, 12

Michael Lane, 27, who had been in a relationship with the girl, denies murder amid allegations he stalked Grice, hid outside her house, left unwanted flowers and a note that read "Shana will always cheat on you" on her new boyfriend's car.

According to the prosecution, Grice had informed police of the alleged stalking in February 2016. ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-punished-murder-victim-shana-102859683.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

Daniel Rushing probably won’t be eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts in his car any more.

The 64-year-old was arrested on drug charges when Orlando police officers spotted four tiny flakes of glaze on his floorboard and thought they were pieces of crystal methamphetamine, The Orlando Sentinel reports.

[TL;DR: Suspect had been eating Krisy Kreme donuts in his car]

“I recognized through my eleven years of training and experience as a law enforcement officer the substance to be some sort of narcotic,”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...e-doughnuts-for-crystal-meth?CMP=share_btn_tw

Following a train of thought from a months-old post which I hadn't seen before, may I interrupt you good peoples' leisure with what (to me) is quite an entertaining account of similar police stupidity?

Firstly, I'd like to point out that I'm not one of those people who is rabidly 'anti-police' (although many officers that I've encountered socially have seemed to be absolute cast-iron-copper-bottomed-you-know-whats). I believe the British constabularies are a bit more discriminating in their recruiting practices these days. Nor am I condoning the smoking of cannabis, which I haven't touched for years, partly as I'm sure it is very, very bad for the human lung.

To set the scene (the boring bit - actually, it may all be boring):

Myself and a couple of friends were walking back from a pub and arrived at a part of town where we had to peel off in three divergent directions to get to our respective homes. Unwilling to cut short a highly intellectual conversation on politics, education and nutrition (or rambling old bollocks, possibly) we rested ourselves on a bench for a few minutes in a quiet place near my house where we wouldn't be disturbing anyone - our big mistake, as it turned out. Admittedly we did spend some of the time enjoying a 'jazz cigarette' offered by one of my pals, which is relevant to the story, as even at the time such a minor transgression was hardly an arrestable offence but would attract the attention of any proximate plod, earning you a ticking off and a lecture on the dangers of drugs. A few minutes later, as we were preparing to go our seperate ways we were approached by highly-strung youngish men with torches, who we quickly recognised as police officers. As such they must have cunningly detected the scent of hashish on our clothes, and in the general area.

One of them scoured the ground beneath the bench, obviously looking for 'the drugs' - which my mate had inconspicuously dropped somewhere it wouldn't be found without daylight, to no effect - after a brief conflab the officer in charge suddenly informed us we were being detained on suspicion of Criminal Damage!

Here's where it gets farcical:
On arriving at the station it became clear what was going on: they initially claimed to have been sent to check out some vandalism to a nearby gate (not generally the work of well-meaning law-abiding blokes in their twenties). The gate, by the way, wasn't damaged, and had it been I might have contacted the Rozzers myself, as it was the main entrance to my place. I suspect they were just poking around various locations out of boredom (literally 'looking for trouble') and were delighted to get an exciting sniff of 'drug crime', but hadn't found any narcotics, hence the ludicrous 'criminal damage' charge - which they completely forgot about having concocted after roughly three minutes, having reverted to the more exciting 'dangerous drug maniacs' strategy in the hope of getting at least one arrest. In fact, the younger more reasonable chap was later to admit that it had been 'a quiet night' and they just didn't have much to do.

At the station we were split up and interviewed, and my joint-wielding friend (a teetotal vegan) apparently annoyed them further when asked 'have you taken any drugs tonight?' by replying, 'what, you mean like alcohol, nicotine or caffeine?'. They didn't like this at all, and returned to me to ask, 'is your mate always such an arsehole?'.

By this time they were getting really annoyed and were desperate to charge someone with something - and so my friend was searched and again they visited me, this time to gloat about how they'd found suspicious 'plant material' in his pocket. This they showed to me: it was some sort of flat beans in Tesco packaging marked er, 'Flat Beans'. "It's some sort of bean" I deduced, by this point unable to keep a straight face, "from Tesco". "We know it's drugs", barked the copper, "we're taking it to our lab to be analysed now!". His colleague then opined that the illicit substances had been placed in supermarket packaging to disguise them :rofl: My other friend had told them more or less the same thing: "They're obviously just beans...he's a vegan...he's always buying that kind of stuff. For salads and things."

Now, despite not being experienced criminal masterminds, even we knew that there was no hi-tech 'drugs lab' at that provincial cop shop - and certainly not one that was fully staffed at nearly midnight on a weekday and could deliver instant results. Therefore hilarity ensued when matey returned after ten minutes or so claiming "We've got the tests back from the lab and we know it's drugs, but your mate's not admitting anything. It'll be easier for him if you just own up". Naturally I enquired what sort of 'drugs' they thought they'd found. They didn't know of course - and amazingly seemed totally unprepared for such a question - and being utterly lost for words had eventually to let us go, quite ungraciously, and with evidently damaged egos. Much relieved to have regained our liberty we laughed all the way home.

So there you have it: my career as a menace to society! I'm not trying to defame today's UK police en masse, only relating the story here as I still can't believe how mind-bogglingly thick these boys in blue were - and yet how they clearly believed themselves, even whilst painting themselves into a corner and having lied and lied again, to be cleverly outwitting us, innocent, guilty or whatever.

Edited for typos

Last edited:
A black female teenager from California has told how she was attacked by police, threatened at gun-point and then was then bitten by a police dog, as officers searched for a large, bald man who had allegedly threatened people with a machete.

The 19-year-old said at one people she the assault was so intense she told them “I cant breathe, I can’t breathe” - the same words made notorious after black suspect Eric Garner died after being put in an illegal choke hold by officers in New York. ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-bakersfield-california-tatyana-a7839391.html

Dyslexic ex-sergeant Colin Hughes jailed for forgery
28 July 201728 July 2017

A dyslexic former police officer has been jailed for forgery after he was caught out by his bad spelling.
Colin Hughes, 35, from Wirral, made allegations against a man saying he was a drug dealer and owned a replica gun.

He was a sergeant and sometimes acting inspector for Merseyside Police at the time, Manchester Crown Court heard.
Hughes admitted perverting the course of justice and forgery at an earlier hearing and was jailed for three years and four months.

He was found out when he forged documents purporting to be from other officers to be used in court and spelled their ranks wrongly.
Some reports were made online while he sat at his computer in Tuebrook police station, the court heard.

Hughes made 20 false reports to Crimestoppers, between July 2014 and May 2015, anonymously reporting that a father-of-two was dealing heroin and cocaine, and made 15 further false allegations to the NSPCC.

The false intelligence was passed on to police colleagues and social workers, and on one occasion the victim was stopped, searched and questioned by officers but the authorities realised the reports were malicious and untrue, the court heard.

etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-40753472

Facetious rather than outright stupid, but this thread seems the most appropriate place to post it ...

Upstate NY police department fed up with snow, charges winter with loitering
If you've had enough of this apparently-endless winter, you're not alone. One Upstate New York police department has officially placed the entire season under arrest.

Police in Depew shared the tongue in cheek arrest on Facebook on Friday, announcing, "Dear Winter, you are hereby placed under arrest," and calling for the arrest of Punxsutawney Phil for predicting six more weeks of winter. ...

SOURCE: http://www.syracuse.com/weather/ind..._with_snow_charges_winter_with_loitering.html

Scottish police ‘rescue’ metal fans mistaken for suicide pact members

A big over-reaction to some dodgy information -

Emergency services mounted a full-scale rescue operation, including fire engines, ambulances and lifeboats, after a passerby thought a group of heavy metal fans out camping were involved in a suicide pact.

The three men were enjoying beers around a camp fire on an island in Loch Leven, Perthshire on Sunday night, as their children slept in a tent, when they saw the lights from police boats rushing across the water towards them.

“For some reason the police had received a tip that we might be in grave danger and they came to rescue us,” said Panagiotis Filis, a lecturer at Aberdeen University and a founder of the Black Metal Brewery. “They really did a great job of rescuing us, the only issue is that we didn’t need rescuing.”
etc

This would be funny if the police hadn't damaged at least one of the campers' cars and then dumped everyone on the shore. Being law-abiding, the campers couldn't drive home as they'd been drinking round their camp fire.

Scottish police ‘rescue’ metal fans mistaken for suicide pact members

A big over-reaction to some dodgy information -

This would be funny if the police hadn't damaged at least one of the campers' cars and then dumped everyone on the shore. Being law-abiding, the campers couldn't drive home as they'd been drinking round their camp fire.

It's not really funny at all. Good job the 'rescued' seem to have kept a sense of humour about it. The insurance claim to repair the car is going to be interesting.

I was working as a cook in a bar/restaurant many, many years ago. This place hired a lot of dodgy people off the street for everyday kitchen-pig jobs (dish-washing, sweeping up, hauling shit and up down the stairs, putting bar snacks on trays, etc.). One such person was a nice enough guy but he enjoyed a bit of recreational heroin from time to time. He also consorted with some less-than-legal sort of people, although he himself never did anything illegal apart from the recreational drug use.

One day, two huge plainclothes detectives came into the joint and, perhaps being the sanest-looking person there, I was pulled aside to be asked a couple of questions. These two guys wanted to know if I had seen a particular individual who had been reported to be in the vicinity. They had a flyer featuring a picture of the individual with them. I immediately recognized our most recent kitchen-pig, who was busy working in the downstairs kitchen making mini pizzas, and tried hard not to look startled. I looked at the picture intently, screwed up my forehead and told them I had never seen the guy. At that moment, the kitchen-pig came upstairs with some little pizzas he had just prepared. There were drops of blood on the inner arm of his once-white kitchen jacket and his eyes had a happy, glazed look. He brought the tray of snacks towards me and my mates the detectives and offered the pizzas around. I was shitting myself, worried that I would be held accountable for lying to the detectives about not knowing this guy, but luckily they didn't see that it was the same man on their flyer nor did they notice the little drops of blood along his arm. They just thanked me for my cooperation, turned around and left. Detectives!

I hope his victims would find your actions as amusing as you seem to do.

maximus otter
Odd response given that I said he had never done anything illegal except some recreational drug use. Who were his victims?

1. ...he had never done anything illegal except some recreational drug use.
2. Who were his victims?

1. "Never done anything illegal except used heroin". Which he - the heroin addict - told you, and you believed him.

I also love the underlying attitude: "Nothing illegal. Except for the heroin, obvs." Interesting standards.

2. "Who were his victims?" Do you believe that you can sustain a heroin addiction on the wages of a kitchen slavey? If you are on the gear, you are either rich; or you are stealing, dealing or whoring. (Or a combination/permutation of the above).

Do you imagine that the criminals who supplied his heroin were otherwise choirboys? There are victims all along the supply chain.

maximus otter

Last edited:
Back