• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

East Yorkshire

Tanglebones

Devoted Cultist
Watched two white isosceles triangles pass overhead, one slightly behind and to the right of the leading object.

Later on, around 18.30, I watched as two objects, the same shape as a crescent moon, but horizontal ( the hollow part facing upward) moved across the sky towards the north....sort of in the direction of Bridlington. As they did so, they seemed to swing from right to left, but each one about a common axis. One of them intermittently flashed a blue light. Eventually they disappeared into the clouds.

I was stone cold sober and wide awake. Anyone have any ideas of what I could have seen?

RE: The Triangles

- Were the triangles the same size and exact form (to the extent you could make it out)?
- Did the trailing triangle maintain its position relative to the lead triangle the whole time you were observing it?
- What were the sky conditions at the time?
- Which direction were you facing?

RE: The Crescents

- Were the two crescents the same exact shape (as far as you could tell), color, and size?
- When you say they were swinging, do you mean:
- each one seemed to rotate around the center point of its "hollow part", or ...
- each one seemed to rotate or move in relation to a focal point out beyond its "hollow part"?
- How were these crescents oriented relative to their direction of movement?
- Did the crescents maintain a stable formation?
- Did the crescents "swing" in unison, or did they each swing independently of what the other was doing?
- What were the sky conditions at the time?
- Which direction were you facing?

For the Isoceles triangles I'm thinking a pair of Typhoon Eurofighters, perhaps banking so they catch the light.
3033831-1991757188.jpg

For the Isoceles triangles I'm thinking a pair of Typhoon Eurofighters, perhaps banking so they catch the light.
3033831-1991757188.jpg

Anyone have access to one of those flight tracker things going back to 21 July?

There were two Typhoons east of Bridlington and two more east of Mablethorpe during the late morning on the 21st. An F-15 was over the North Sea in the same area in the afternoon. Military aircraft don't always show on flight trackers and sometimes only one of a formation appears.

Sometimes a tanker circles waiting for a pair of Typhoons and then they set off for a patrol over eastern Europe. The Typhoons usually vanish from the flight tracker over the North Sea.

Therre's been a fair bit of low flying over North Yorkshire too, lately. I live on top of a hill and they come over so low that it's possible not only to see the pilot, but also to criticise their hairstyle.

Fair puts the wind up the dog.

Back