• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Eating Like THE King: Elvis Presley; Food Legends & Folklore

Elvis famously was asked to co-star with Barbra Streisand in her remake of A Star is Born, but didn't get around to it. Imagine if he'd been in Bruce Lee's Game of Death instead of Kareem-Adbul Jabbar...

I'm no nutritionist, but I'll certainly echo the comments made above: the figures quoted here are way off.

Elvis was big and fat in his last years, but not some absurd sumo-master.

And how about all the martial arts?

Elvis with his karate teacher Khang Rhee 1974

View attachment 5165

TCB, baby.
I think it's probably down to perspective, but what the hell is going on with Elvis's right hand in that picture? It looks swollen and bruised...

I think it's probably down to perspective, but what the hell is going on with Elvis's right hand in that picture? It looks swollen and bruised...
I once cracked a knuckle with a reverse punch which hit my opponent's hip-bone. My hand looked a bit like that...

If someone passes the Elvis sandwich test, then he is Elvis.

Elvis ate many of these sandwiches.

It is two thick slices of white bread smeared with peanut butter.

Then put sliced bananas on top of the peanut butter and put on bacon and honey.

Close the sandwich and fry the sandwich in lots of butter until golden.

As Elvis said, “ Thank you very much ! “

Elvis suffered greatly that his twin died at childbirth and was buried in an unmarked grave.

Aw! I really feel I have not properly died till I have partaken of a butter-fried banana and peanut butter sandwich.

Despite, or because of, nut-intolerance, I think it could be mighty delicious and/or a good way to go out!

Fried squirrel, less so. I am drawing here on an ancient documentary, devoted entirely to the eating habits of Elvis.

Despite hating Elvis to bits, I found the documentary oddly appetizing - here and there! :nods:

Last edited:
Back